Author Topic: Michigan Poultry Fanciers, Fall Fowl Fest  (Read 1093 times)

Michael Muenks

• Administrator
  • Associate
Re: Michigan Poultry Fanciers, Fall Fowl Fest
« Reply #15 on: October 16, 2023, 10:03:15 AM »
Congrats to all. I'm glad the weather held out and it was a good show.

John W Blehm

• Lifetime Member
  • Ameraucana Guru
« Reply #16 on: October 16, 2023, 11:46:35 AM »
For more information about Pedro and his passion for Ameraucana chickens visit his Ameraucana Brazil Poulty site. There is a U.S. flag in the upper right corner, of his website, to translate it from Portuguese to English. Knowing Mike Gilbert and I were both attending the Fowl Fest, Pedro planned his trip from Brazil to be able to meet us there in person. Mike and I have both corresponded via email over the past few years, with Pedro. I'm honored that Pedro considers me his mentor.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2023, 12:35:15 PM by John W Blehm »

Pedro Nunes Marques

• Associate
  • Ameraucana Brasil
    • Criatório Amerucana Brasil
« Reply #17 on: October 16, 2023, 12:09:30 PM »
Thanks John, it was a wonderful experience. Even though we've been talking for a while, meeting them in person was very rewarding. John, Mike, now Russa Russ Blair, as well as some other creators are part of my story that I want to finish building in Brazil. I'm going to promote the breed a lot in South America. Thank you for your partnership and guidance?

Pedro Nunes Marques

• Associate
  • Ameraucana Brasil
« Reply #18 on: October 16, 2023, 12:42:20 PM »
John, I consider you my mentor, sometimes I ask too many questions. I need to learn to continue working in South America with the vision of your quality. I will never have your knowledge because I don't have the time or age for that. but I want to learn as much as possible. I promise to be a faithful defender of the pure breed of Ameraucanas in Brazil and South America.

Pedro Nunes Marques

• Associate
  • Ameraucana Brasil
« Reply #19 on: October 16, 2023, 12:47:30 PM »
Mike, I have a special affection for you, your simplicity is a characteristic of a true Christian. He did a lot for the Ameraucanas and made me very happy to be able to hug him in person. I consider him my foster father, to whom I have all the respect. I'm sorry for taking up so much of your time by asking so many questions when I want to know some information that is important to me. He is very happy with the gift he gave me.

Pedro Nunes Marques

• Associate
  • Ameraucana Brasil
« Reply #20 on: October 16, 2023, 01:12:38 PM »
Special thanks also to Russ Blair, it was a pleasure to meet him, a happy and outgoing person. If I decide to breed bantans one day I will look for him.

Russ Blair

• Administrator
  • Ameraucana Guru
« Reply #21 on: October 16, 2023, 07:52:22 PM »
Pedro I was honored to meet you and commend you for what you are doing in Brazil. You are absolutely right about Mike Gilbert and John Blehm, there is no one else that I know with the genetic knowledge and passion for Ameraucana than those two men. Hopefully you get to enjoy the fellowship of like minded friends like I have gotten too for the past 11 years. Who knows someday perhaps some of us might make a trip to Brazil to visit a nice Poultry show  ;)
S.E. Michigan

Pedro Nunes Marques

• Associate
  • Ameraucana Brasil
« Reply #22 on: October 16, 2023, 11:01:14 PM »
Of course, we're just getting started. Who knows, maybe one day we can hold a meeting here in Brazil and you will be very welcome. meeting him in person was really nice.

Mike Gilbert

• Lifetime Member
  • Ameraucana Guru
« Reply #23 on: October 17, 2023, 08:38:57 PM »
Mike, I have a special affection for you, your simplicity is a characteristic of a true Christian. He did a lot for the Ameraucanas and made me very happy to be able to hug him in person. I consider him my foster father, to whom I have all the respect. I'm sorry for taking up so much of your time by asking so many questions when I want to know some information that is important to me. He is very happy with the gift he gave me.

Pedro, I thank you for the compliment.  I wonder sometimes if anyone knows about my passion for Jesus Christ.  I know I am just another sinner who has been redeemed through faith, and I can't even take credit for that, as it is a gift of the Holy Spirit.  I do admire your devotion to the Ameraucana breed, and I will always wish you the best in all your endeavors.  Thank you for being a friend. 

Edit:  Pedro, I opened the gift you gave me yesterday and found it to be of very high quality.   I really appreciate it, and will wear it with pride.   Thanks again.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2023, 03:53:44 PM by Mike Gilbert »
Mike Gilbert
1st John 5:11-13

Pedro Nunes Marques

• Associate
  • Ameraucana Brasil
« Reply #24 on: October 19, 2023, 09:59:13 AM »
Thanks Mike, I'm also passionate about Jesus Christ. I have a son who is a pastor, another is a drummer in a church and I am a musician too. I'm part of the praise team. I will work seriously for the Ameraucanas just like you did. I'm currently traveling to Brazil, as soon as I get there I'll edit the video and talk to you more. I would like to have had more time for us to talk more about the breed, I thank everyone for the welcome,

Laurie Ashley

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #25 on: October 20, 2023, 05:59:33 PM »
I just want to add it was really great to get to meet many of you in person!  I've looked up to most of you as breeders and mentors for a long time, even though you didn't know me from a hole in the wall, I've been watching, studying, and learning at your feet as I go lol.  So thank you for taking the time to teach and offer guidance and wisdom!  There's a good many of us who learn even from your posts on examples of good birds, traits your working on improving,  and how to get to that goal.