Author Topic: 2023 Silent Auction  (Read 832 times)

Russ Blair

• Administrator
  • Ameraucana Guru
2023 Silent Auction
« on: October 10, 2023, 11:24:32 AM »
As you have read in our newsletter our show committee is sponsoring another silent auction of breeding quality Ameraucana at our National meet in Knoxville TN December 2&3. If anyone that is attending would like to make a donation please feel free to let me know. You can contact through phone call or text at (419) 410-2613, before 8pm EST, or email me at Slicktree@hotmail.com. You could also contact 1 of the other show committee members, Michael Muenks Stan Alder or Janie Vila if you prefer? Right now this is the current list I have:
Pair Blue Bantam- Russ Blair
Pair Self Blue- Russ Blair (from birds I picked up from John Blehm)
« Last Edit: October 10, 2023, 05:10:15 PM by Russ Blair »
S.E. Michigan

Russ Blair

• Administrator
  • Ameraucana Guru
Re: 2023 Silent Auction
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2023, 06:17:54 PM »
I think this might be the pullet I donate. Just to give you and idea of the lacing someone will be getting  ;). If I change her out, depending on the male I choose to put over her, I will update the picture with the pair. Unfortunately the better males are young so they need more time to properly evaluate. Oh if she is swapped you can bet the other one will also look ok. Oh I just pulled her out of a grow out pen yesterday so she is not in great condition, if I was a month earlier, bringing her in, she would be heading to Knoxville.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2023, 06:31:23 PM by Russ Blair »
S.E. Michigan

Max Strawn

• Lifetime Member
  • Associate
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2023, 03:47:08 PM »
Man that lacing is incredible Russ! You're doing a fantastic job with them. That is the closest to Andalusian that I've seen so far.  :)

Russ Blair

• Administrator
  • Ameraucana Guru
« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2023, 08:43:29 AM »
Thanks Max, not selling any chicks or eggs has allowed me to raise more and to really focus on making improvements and reaching some goals over these last 3-4 years. I have a few theories on how to obtain good lacing and am seeing if they are correct or not? Are you planning on attending this year’s national in Tennessee?
S.E. Michigan

Max Strawn

• Lifetime Member
  • Associate
« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2023, 01:57:43 PM »
Yes, as of right now, I am planning to be there. The summer was brutal here in Texas, and my large fowl suffered through all of it. I hope they finish out before the show. The bantams did much better, so I should have a few of those to show anyway. Save me some of those bantam Blues!

Michael Muenks

• Administrator
  • Associate
« Reply #5 on: October 23, 2023, 04:04:49 PM »
Currently, I plan to donate a couple pairs of bantam black and at least one pair consisting of a bantam black male and an almost bantam ermine pullet for the auction. More updates to come.

Russ Blair

• Administrator
  • Ameraucana Guru
« Reply #6 on: November 12, 2023, 03:10:28 PM »
I met Jim Laatch, so he could give a bantam a ride to Mike Gilbert, and he graciously surprised me with this donation for our silent auction at our National Meet. Jim is not even a member, to my knowledge, but just an overall great guy. So this three hole bantam carrier, that Jim made, will be up for grabs in December  ;)
S.E. Michigan

Max Strawn

• Lifetime Member
  • Associate
« Reply #7 on: November 13, 2023, 09:59:39 AM »
I got the AI testing done on Saturday. Should have results by 11/15. I don't foresee any issues. That being said, I will have a trio of LF Blue, a trio of bantam Brown Red, and a quad of bantam White for the silent auction. All proceeds going to the Club.

Russ Blair

• Administrator
  • Ameraucana Guru
« Reply #8 on: November 14, 2023, 04:10:21 PM »
Max that is very generous of you, looks like I better work some more overtime  ;)
S.E. Michigan

Laurie Ashley

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #9 on: November 14, 2023, 04:21:28 PM »
I'm going to need to be putting in overtime too haha 😀 😍 🤩

Mike Gilbert

• Lifetime Member
  • Ameraucana Guru
« Reply #10 on: November 14, 2023, 07:32:25 PM »
Jim Laatsch paid us a visit this afternoon, and he filled me in on what he saw and experienced at the Ohio National 150th anniversary show.   Russ, he also delivered that cockerel, and he looks real nice.   I mailed a check yesterday.   Yes, Jim is a super-charged, high-energy guy, a veteran who saw live action in the Middle East, and is full of enthusiasm for the poultry hobby.   He took over from me the job of show secretary of our local Coulee Region Poultry Show a few years ago, and has done a fantastic job.  Just so all of you know, we will be having an Alliance Meet at our show June 1st, 2024.  All are welcome.   Jim produced the following flyer, and distributed a bunch of them in Columbus over the weekend.  We typically draw 800 - 900 entries and have room for more - all single decked. 
Mike Gilbert
1st John 5:11-13

Russ Blair

• Administrator
  • Ameraucana Guru
« Reply #11 on: November 15, 2023, 12:18:08 PM »
Current list of donations
Bantam:
Pair of Lavender, from John Blehm
Pair of Blue Russ Blair
Pair black Michael Muenks
Pair 1 black, 1 ermine (bantam project) Michael Muenks
Trio brown red Max Strawn
Quad of whites Max Strawn

Large fowl:
Trio blues Max Strawn
Pair blue pullets Stan Alder

I will grab raffle tickets to sell for:
3 hole bantam carrier Jim Laatch
New SOP anonymous donor

If anyone wants to make a donation please let me know asap. I want to let the hosting club know how many cages we may need  ;)
« Last Edit: November 15, 2023, 12:44:37 PM by Russ Blair »
S.E. Michigan