Author Topic: LIfetime Achievement Award  (Read 1644 times)

Mike Gilbert

• Lifetime Member
  • Ameraucana Guru
LIfetime Achievement Award
« on: November 10, 2015, 11:25:24 AM »
I don't know if it was mentioned elsewhere, but Bob Walchak was the recipient of the 2015 Lifetime Achievement Award, and it was announced at the National Meet in Lebanon, Indiana, on October 17th.   Since Bob was not there, the photo was taken later.   Bob won BB bantam at several of our national meets with his White and his Black Ameraucana bantams.   He traveled as far as Montana, Ohio, Kentucky, and Missouri from his home here in Wisconsin, which is about 5 miles from my place, to participate in Ameraucana National Meets.   Congratulations Bob!   The award is well deserved.
Mike Gilbert
1st John 5:11-13

Cesar Villegas

• Associate
Re: LIfetime Achievement Award
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2015, 01:42:37 PM »
I don't know if it was mentioned elsewhere, but Bob Walchak was the recipient of the 2015 Lifetime Achievement Award, and it was announced at the National Meet in Lebanon, Indiana, on October 17th.   Since Bob was not there, the photo was taken later.   Bob won BB bantam at several of our national meets with his White and his Black Ameraucana bantams.   He traveled as far as Montana, Ohio, Kentucky, and Missouri from his home here in Wisconsin, which is about 5 miles from my place, to participate in Ameraucana National Meets.   Congratulations Bob!   The award is well deserved.

Congrats to Bob, what an achievement. Does he still breed?

John W Blehm

• Lifetime Member
  • Ameraucana Guru
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2015, 02:37:38 PM »

Congrats to Bob, what an achievement. Does he still breed?

No.  He and Theresa want to be free to travel more and without the birds they are not tied down. Bob has other hobbies, like model railroading and stamp collecting that don't require some to take care of chores when they decide to take off.

Russ Blair

• Administrator
  • Ameraucana Guru
« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2015, 04:47:30 PM »
Congrats to Bob, that is an awesome achievement. Unfortunately I never had the pleasure of meeting him but if Mike and John are friends of his, then that tells me he is a good man. Who knows after receiving this award maybe it will spark an ambition back up.
S.E. Michigan

Mike Gilbert

• Lifetime Member
  • Ameraucana Guru
« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2015, 05:25:29 PM »
Actually, Bob told me if we had a national within fairly easy driving distance, he would raise some bantam Ameraucanas and show them.  I have his line of white bantams and could furnish him the chicks.   Or hatching eggs - as he kept his incubators.   The main reason he is out of birds now is that he has daughters in law from Russia and from China, so he and Theresa are saving their money to travel.   I expect he may get back into the bantams one day.    He provided some excellent competition in the bantams. 
Mike Gilbert
1st John 5:11-13

Beth Curran

• Lifetime Member
  • College
« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2015, 12:19:05 PM »
Congratulations, Bob! Wish you could have been there with us!

If it makes it so Bob can attend I'll be happy to drive a little further. Besides, I'm not close to anything, even most NC shows are on the other side of the state, so if I'm going to do a road trip might as well see some country I haven't seen before! ;)
Beth Curran