Author Topic: 2024 National Meet Bid  (Read 1018 times)

Russ Blair

• Administrator
  • Ameraucana Guru
2024 National Meet Bid
« on: October 10, 2023, 11:49:50 AM »
Quick reminder, it is time to start getting bids to host our 2024 National Meet. So if there is a show you love to attend feel free to have their show Secretary put a bid together and get it to Michael Muenks at muenks@yahoo.com. bids must be received by November 1 2023.
S.E. Michigan

Michael Muenks

• Administrator
  • Associate
Re: 2024 National Meet Bid
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2023, 07:18:29 PM »
Attached is the information about a show that helps the board make a decision.

John W Blehm

• Lifetime Member
  • Ameraucana Guru
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2023, 02:17:16 PM »
Bids for our National Meets must be submitted to our President, as per our Ameraucana Meet Policy that can be viewed on our site's Downloads page.

National Meets – There will be at least one and not more than two annual National Meets.  Our National meets are true national events, of equal importance, and not to be considered merely regional events.  They may include themed titles to differentiate them, such as “Ameraucana National Celebration”, “Ameraucana National Challenge”, etc.  Any member may solicit bids/offers from poultry show clubs wishing to host an Ameraucana National Meet and submit them to the President.  Bids must be received by November first to be considered for the club’s National Meets to be held the following fall/winter.  At least two members, that plan to attend the show, must agree to organize our National Meet there before a bid is considered.  The President shall share the list of bids with the Board members for discussion.  The President will then ask for the Board to vote on the show club bids before November 15th.  The meet(s) will be promoted in the Winter Newsletter.  If a show is cancelled for whatever reason, the President will ask the Board to consider an alternate venue as soon as possible.  Club sponsored awards offered at the annual Ameraucana National Meets will be the same and determined by the Board of Directors.

John W Blehm

• Lifetime Member
  • Ameraucana Guru
« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2023, 12:06:14 PM »
A bid to host a 2024 Ameraucana National Meet has been submitted to Russ, by the Michigan Poultry Fanciers, and the details are in the attached PDF file. Russ & I have agreed to be the organizers.
The Fowl Fest will be October 12-13, 2024.
« Last Edit: October 31, 2023, 12:09:18 PM by John W Blehm »

Russ Blair

• Administrator
  • Ameraucana Guru
« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2023, 12:36:13 PM »
I am pleased to announce the board of directors were split on two national bids, out of the 5 we received. So we have voted to have 2 Ameraucana National Meets for 2024. The first meet will be our Ameraucana Alliance Northern National Meet hosted by the Wisconsin International Poultry Club September 28-29th in Portage Wisconsin. The Second one will be our Ameraucana Alliance Southern National Meet hosted by the Heart of the Ozarks Poultry Association show November 2-3 in Fayetteville Arkansas. So make your plans, get your breeding pens ready and come join us for a good time and great fellowshipping. Stay tuned for more updates coming soon.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2023, 05:32:47 PM by Russ Blair »
S.E. Michigan

Justin Snyder

« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2023, 07:09:47 PM »
I just clicked MapQuest to see how long it would take me to get to Arkansas since it is closest. It told me 22 days walking. Really???? I think I might drive in stead.  ;)

Russ Blair

• Administrator
  • Ameraucana Guru
« Reply #6 on: November 18, 2023, 03:56:44 PM »
Lol driving will definitely be better, 12.5hrs for me. God Willing I am going to try and attend them both  ;)
« Last Edit: November 18, 2023, 03:58:17 PM by Russ Blair »
S.E. Michigan

Beth Curran

• Lifetime Member
  • College
« Reply #7 on: December 01, 2023, 12:32:47 PM »
I looked them both up and was surprised to find it was a draw. I was sure Arkansas would be further but both are roughly 17hrs give or take. To have one close to me we'd have to do it on a cruise ship on the Atlantic. Wonder what kind of testing would be required on international waters??🤣
Beth Curran

Laurie Ashley

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #8 on: December 07, 2023, 12:34:15 AM »
adding both to the calendar!  im smack in the middle of them both, and both show venues were wonderful this year, so I anticipate great things!