Author Topic: Wisconsin County Fairs  (Read 528 times)

Mike Gilbert

• Lifetime Member
  • Ameraucana Guru
Wisconsin County Fairs
« on: July 20, 2023, 06:27:04 PM »
Helped make a few kids happy with their Wisconsin fair poultry projects this month.    The first pic is from the Green County Fair.   A Blue Wheaten cockerel shown by Kristi Kubousek Pulvermacher was best of show.

The second photo is from my county fair today.  Dominic, nephew of a neighbor lady, had best AOCCL in a large class with a Wheaten pullet at the LaCrosse Interstate Fair.

Missing is a photo of the Best of Show at the Trempealeau County Fair, a Wheaten pullet, raised and exhibited by Addison Connoly.

For all three, I only furnished the eggs.  Friend Jim Laatsch hatched them, and our local poultry club gave free chicks to many kids back in January. 

To me, this is what it's all about.   Helping put smiles on kids' faces.  Who knows but what some of them might become poultry fanciers as adults?.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2023, 07:51:32 PM by Mike Gilbert »
Mike Gilbert
1st John 5:11-13

Russ Blair

• Administrator
  • Ameraucana Guru
Re: Wisconsin County Fairs
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2023, 12:41:43 PM »
Congratulations to all the winners, you are absolutely right Mike. This is exactly what it’s all about and they very well may be the future of the wonderful hobby. You have always been very generous, not only with your livestock but also your knowledge and willingness to help answer questions.
S.E. Michigan

Mike Gilbert

• Lifetime Member
  • Ameraucana Guru
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2023, 09:25:12 AM »
More scenes from the LaCrosse Interstate Fair.  These were taken by my neighbor, Crystal, who is the aunt of Dominic.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2023, 09:27:57 AM by Mike Gilbert »
Mike Gilbert

Michael Muenks

• Administrator
  • Associate
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2023, 08:50:49 AM »
Great to see all of the young people with their chickens! Hope for the future of the fancy. Thanks for all you do to support the local young people.

Mike Gilbert

• Lifetime Member
  • Ameraucana Guru
« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2023, 05:29:17 PM »
Ameraucana bantam Wheaten female took best of show at Wisconsin's Jefferson County fair this week.   The family had picked up hatching eggs here a few years ago and are
doing well with succeeding generations.
Mike Gilbert