Author Topic: The ABC still has a target on my back.  (Read 1935 times)

John W Blehm

• Lifetime Member
  • Ameraucana Guru
The ABC still has a target on my back.
« on: March 02, 2016, 05:08:36 PM »
I see in the ABC article in the March Poultry Press once again they are still trying to tarnish my name a year after they hijacked the club.  On page 11 it claims "We have one whole decade of bulletins that were not turned over when the previous keeper of the files left office,...".  Of course I wouldn't give someone my personal club bulletins/newsletters. 
It has now been over a year since we reorganized the club as the Ameraucana Alliance, yet they still have a very lengthy page of lies and innuendo that Paul Smith, Jean Ribbeck, Susan Mouw and Clif Redden signed their names to, on the ABC Forum.
I still have the hundreds of emails that reveal the truth and my offer to share them still goes if anyone (well almost anyone  ;)) is interested.

Mike Gilbert

• Lifetime Member
  • Ameraucana Guru
Re: The ABC still has a target on my back.
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2016, 10:11:37 AM »
John, other than your personal copies, did the club have a set of newsletters that did not get turned over?
Mike Gilbert
1st John 5:11-13

Beth Curran

• Lifetime Member
  • College
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2016, 10:26:00 AM »
A decade worth of newsletters??  ::)
Beth Curran

John W Blehm

• Lifetime Member
  • Ameraucana Guru
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2016, 11:34:57 AM »
John, other than your personal copies, did the club have a set of newsletters that did not get turned over?

Of course you must know the answer has to be no, since I turned over all the "all files, monies, and other club property" as we have done over the past 30+ years from secretary to secretary.  That doesn't mean all the membership forms I received were turned over and although Michael turned his over to me it normally wasn't done.  I trashed them, since all the needed info was included on the Excel membership list.  Times change and digital files often replace paper.  She ended up with a bunch of copies of old Bulletins that the club offers for sale.  Of course these were items I copied from my personal Bulletins, on my time and at my expense for the club.  Ask Don, Jeanette, Barbara and Michael about what they sent and received as secretaries.  You'll find that not every shred of paper was included.  I'm big on the constitution and when it says "all" I take it quite literally.  They ended up with all the "remaining" files (I certainly didn't have files dating back to 1978).  I did not forward digital files of Bulletins Michael and I published and don't see them as club files.  Past precedence varies little, but I followed suite.  They ended up with All the money...$7,800+!  They ended up with other club property, including banners, signage, Bulletins, etc. that I personally donated to the club over the decades. 
When you have newbies take the top two positions in a club, lacking any grooming and experience, you can see what happens.  The reason our new constitution now says "The Secretary/Treasurer shall surrender all pertinent files, monies, and other club property..." is to protect future secretaries from the malicious accusations of people like her.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2016, 12:07:55 PM by John W Blehm »

Beth Curran

• Lifetime Member
  • College
« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2016, 09:57:46 AM »
Mine came yesterday and I read the article. Seems a newbie who knows nothing of the club's history has appointed herself club historian and is now frustrated because she has little to go on after running off most, if not all, of the people who created, or can at least remember, said history. How ironic. I know it's hard to ignore the constant jabs, public and private, but her nonsense doesn't rate acknowledgement. Hang in there, buddy - she'll tire of this eventually and find someone new to torment. ;)
Beth Curran