Author Topic: Ameraucana National Meet in Lebanon, IN  (Read 24147 times)

Mike Gilbert

• Lifetime Member
  • Ameraucana Guru
Re: Ameraucana National Meet in Lebanon, IN
« Reply #45 on: September 25, 2015, 12:40:22 PM »
I believe that is what Jeff Sonsalla will be doing with those he is sending with me and Bob R.    Jeff's teenagers have too much going on to get away for the weekend.   Plus he has office hours on Friday and sometimes Saturday a.m. for his vet practice. 
Mike Gilbert
1st John 5:11-13

Beth Curran

• Lifetime Member
  • College
« Reply #46 on: September 26, 2015, 08:40:50 AM »
I was planning on entering everything I bring, but it hadn't even occurred to me that I should check with people in the area who may not be going to see if they want to send something to enter and/or sell. Michelle?? Renee??
Beth Curran

John W Blehm

• Lifetime Member
  • Ameraucana Guru
« Reply #47 on: September 28, 2015, 10:25:21 AM »
A couple restaurants have been recommended that are close to the show.  I don't have times yet, but plan to meet and eat at Buffalo Wild Wings (9/30/15 - Parky's...see posts below) on Friday evening and Bob Evans on Saturday late afternoon/evening.  Once I receive a time for our club meeting, from the local show club, I'll come up with a schedule.

• Buffalo Wild Wings Grill & Bar
Wings, Chicken, Bar Food • Menu Available
2470 N Lebanon St, Lebanon
(765) 481-2500

• Bob Evans Restaurant
American • Menu Available
2454 N Lebanon St, Lebanon
(765) 483-9256

« Last Edit: October 08, 2015, 09:02:25 PM by John W Blehm »

Beth Curran

• Lifetime Member
  • College
« Reply #48 on: September 28, 2015, 10:43:49 AM »
Sounds good to me. What time does the barn open Friday to coop in? I need to get on the ball -  can I download the catalog and entry form or do I have to have it snail mailed?
Beth Curran

John W Blehm

• Lifetime Member
  • Ameraucana Guru
« Reply #49 on: September 28, 2015, 11:04:07 AM »
Sounds good to me. What time does the barn open Friday to coop in? I need to get on the ball -  can I download the catalog and entry form or do I have to have it snail mailed?
You can start cooping in after 2pm on Friday.
Entries must be postmarked by October 5th.
You can view and print the show catalog and entry form from this Facebook site...
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Central-Indiana-Poultry-Show/848489541886674
Contact Douglas P Akers <dakers@purdue.edu> or Ron Patterson <rpatter56@gmail.com> to request a catalog by mail.

Mike Gilbert

• Lifetime Member
  • Ameraucana Guru
« Reply #50 on: September 28, 2015, 01:46:56 PM »

Deadline for entries is October 5th.   You can speed up the process by printing the entry catalog and entry form.   Here is a link:

https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B1uH_oHy4ebzflhHeEU0cnFTTTJzWG5rTkJmbGlPQzdiMzFKYnNONTQ0WTBCaUtJMEtNb2M&usp=sharing

« Last Edit: September 28, 2015, 01:51:28 PM by Mike Gilbert »
Mike Gilbert

Beth Curran

• Lifetime Member
  • College
« Reply #51 on: September 28, 2015, 05:54:46 PM »
Printed! Thanks!
Beth Curran

Gina Neta

• Associate
« Reply #52 on: September 29, 2015, 07:18:13 AM »
Does anyone have an idea of how big this show will be?  How many total entries?  I wonder since this is one of the few shows many of us have been able to attend due to HPAI if the number of total entires will be high.  It's exciting!  Now just to figure out the best way/time to get through and/or around Chicago on a Friday.......

John W Blehm

• Lifetime Member
  • Ameraucana Guru
« Reply #53 on: September 29, 2015, 08:23:43 PM »
Does anyone have an idea of how big this show will be?  How many total entries?  I wonder since this is one of the few shows many of us have been able to attend due to HPAI if the number of total entires will be high.  It's exciting!  Now just to figure out the best way/time to get through and/or around Chicago on a Friday.......

I emailed Doug Akers with your question and he said...
Recent years shows have been 1700-2100 birds. 
Doug

John W Blehm

• Lifetime Member
  • Ameraucana Guru
« Reply #54 on: September 30, 2015, 10:28:16 AM »
A couple restaurants have been recommended that are close to the show.  I don't have times yet, but plan to meet and eat at Buffalo Wild Wings on Friday evening and Bob Evans on Saturday late afternoon/evening.  Once I receive a time for our club meeting, from the local show club, I'll come up with a schedule.

• Buffalo Wild Wings Grill & Bar
Wings, Chicken, Bar Food • Menu Available
2470 N Lebanon St, Lebanon
(765) 481-2500

• Bob Evans Restaurant
American • Menu Available
2454 N Lebanon St, Lebanon
(765) 483-9256

Doug has also recommended Parky's Smokehouse Restaurant.  It is locally owned and about 3 miles from the show.  Maybe we'll go there instead of Wild Wings.  I assume it would be a quieter atmosphere for conversation.  Suggestions/comments ?
« Last Edit: October 08, 2015, 08:49:27 PM by John W Blehm »

Mike Gilbert

• Lifetime Member
  • Ameraucana Guru
« Reply #55 on: September 30, 2015, 11:57:06 AM »
It would be nice to have a restaurant where we could get a separate room, like we did at Golden Corral in Lucasville.   Otherwise there is the potential that we don't all get seated in the same section of the restaurant.    If anybody wants to count noses, Bob and Sandy & Mary & I represent four. 
Mike Gilbert

John W Blehm

• Lifetime Member
  • Ameraucana Guru
« Reply #56 on: September 30, 2015, 12:14:41 PM »
It would be nice to have a restaurant where we could get a separate room, like we did at Golden Corral in Lucasville.   Otherwise there is the potential that we don't all get seated in the same section of the restaurant.    If anybody wants to count noses, Bob and Sandy & Mary & I represent four.

I mentioned Golden Corral in my email, for recommendations, to Doug and Ron.  I think we would have to drive to Indy to find one and asked for recommendations within a 30 minute drive.  Plus, I did a lot of searching on-line for restaurants and didn't see one listed.

I just talked to Julie at Parky's and made reservations for 15-20 at 6pm, on Friday.  She said it wouldn't be cost effective to reserve a room.  They have them, but with minimum charges.  She said there are a couple tables for 8-10 people each, near each other and kind of in a corner, where we can sit and eat (an more adult atmosphere than Wild Wings).  I said I will call closer to that weekend with a better count and maybe a different time.  Let me know if 5pm or some other time sounds better to you all.  Also, an accurate count before we get there would be appreciated.
« Last Edit: September 30, 2015, 12:21:14 PM by John W Blehm »

The Malcolms

• Associate
« Reply #57 on: September 30, 2015, 02:10:14 PM »
The Malcolms may not be there in time for Friday dinner.  We will plan on joining in for Saturday.  We are 4 plus Gramma, Auntie and Uncle coming down from Detroit.  May they join us?  If so, that is 7 for us.

John W Blehm

• Lifetime Member
  • Ameraucana Guru
« Reply #58 on: September 30, 2015, 03:08:46 PM »
The Malcolms may not be there in time for Friday dinner.  We will plan on joining in for Saturday.  We are 4 plus Gramma, Auntie and Uncle coming down from Detroit.  May they join us?  If so, that is 7 for us.

Members, family and friends are welcome! The will be a Bob Evans on Saturday...time to be determined.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2015, 09:03:23 PM by John W Blehm »

Beth Curran

• Lifetime Member
  • College
« Reply #59 on: October 01, 2015, 11:32:41 AM »
All other things equal I prefer locally owned over a chain. Nothing against them but nearly every restaurant chain is represented here in Jacksonville (seems marines don't cook ;) ) so I always like to check out the one-of-a-kind places when I go somewhere new.
Beth Curran