The Official Ameraucana Forum > Breeding

January chicks

(1/2) > >>

Mike Gilbert:
Took a small batch of Ameraucana bantam chicks out of the incubator today.  Not what I was hoping for, but I'll take it.  Mostly Silvers with a few Wheaten/Blue Wheaten and Brown Reds mixed in.  There is a larger batch at Jim Laatch's that I have not picked up yet.   There is one outlier in the photo.   Can anyone find it and tell me what kind it is?

Russ Blair:
Is it the partridge chick towards the middle and left?

Mike Gilbert:

--- Quote from: Russ Blair on January 16, 2024, 02:37:14 PM ---Is it the partridge chick towards the middle and left?

--- End quote ---

Good eye Russ!  One Partridge Chantecler chick.

Max Strawn:
How are you getting eggs in January... in Wisconsin... in sub-zero temps??  I haven't seen an Ameraucana egg since last September. ;D ;D

Mike Gilbert:

--- Quote from: Max Strawn on January 16, 2024, 04:50:21 PM ---How are you getting eggs in January... in Wisconsin... in sub-zero temps??  I haven't seen an Ameraucana egg since last September. ;D ;D

--- End quote ---

Years of selective breeding.  I have always maintained that Ameraucanas need to be productive, not just show birds.  Or maybe I'm just lucky?   I do have the lights on a timer, so they are getting about 14 hours of light each day. 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version