Author Topic: LF buffs from Will and Christine Kitsch  (Read 2124 times)

John W Blehm

• Lifetime Member
  • Ameraucana Guru
LF buffs from Will and Christine Kitsch
« on: August 24, 2015, 09:12:47 PM »
Hi John!  Thought you might like a few pics of chicks we have growing out of that wheaten/buff male. Lighting isn't great but best I could get today. 
Culled a lot on color; probably about 2/3.  But the remaining 1/3 are quite even in color (despite what these pics look).  Great size, leg color.  Cockerels a bit sloppy on combs but I know that's coming from ours.  Egg color tbd....
Christine Kitsch

John W Blehm

• Lifetime Member
  • Ameraucana Guru
Re: LF buffs from Will and Christine Kitsch
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2015, 09:31:05 PM »
My comment was...
Wow, they have a lot going for them.  Great overall type, muffs, tails, shank color, eye color, long backs, etc.  Keeping about 1/3 to breed from sounds very good.  It takes time to get back to pure buff after an outcross, but if you don't lose the desired traits the outcross brought in it is worth it.

What do you all think?

Beth Curran

• Lifetime Member
  • College
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2015, 11:28:05 PM »
Very nice! They have really nice buffs. I've gotten a couple of their males through Don that I've used over my hens and have been really pleased with their offspring.
Beth Curran

Cesar Villegas

• Associate
« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2015, 02:50:32 PM »
I like the type as well. I dont understand "sloppy comb" i think they look fine to me. I don't see bad combs myself.

I love the dark leg color. 

Lee G

• Associate
« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2015, 06:57:24 PM »
Golden beauties is what they are!  :D Wow!
~ The duty of the breeder today and tomorrow is to create rather than imitate or simply perpetuate -- Horace Dryden