Author Topic: Chicken Rex  (Read 3296 times)

Mike Gilbert

• Lifetime Member
  • Ameraucana Guru
Re: Chicken Rex
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2015, 03:15:51 PM »
Here is another example of evolution.   Isn't science wonderful? :P

« Last Edit: May 14, 2015, 09:12:02 PM by Mike Gilbert »
Mike Gilbert
1st John 5:11-13

Tailfeathers

• College
  • Breeder & Exhibitor of WBS Ameraucanas since 2008
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2015, 02:10:06 AM »
Mike, where's that "Thumbs Up" or "Like" button?  LOL

This showed up on my FB wall by a "friend" who is local poultry fancier.  In the interest of saving time, I'll just paste my reply (slightly edited):

Here's the kind of baloney that continues to be fed to a population who have forgotten what critical thinking is. The first 3 words are a dead giveaway - not to mention the picture. "Sixty-five million years ago, an asteroid is believed to...", uh, yeah - by those who still do their best to deny God exists.

Look at the picture in the article for the Archaeopteryx fossil. Do you see wings and feathers? NO! Yet they state it as fact that it had them. A common lie told by the Evolutionists. This is also seen in the museum and other figures of "Ape Men" extrapolated from 2-3 bones (and even fragments of bones). But, as long as people keep believing it and taking it on face value, they'll keep doing it.  The picture is nothing more than an artist's imaginary rendition of what such a bird MIGHT come to look like.
God Bless,

R. E. Van Blaricome
Seek Ye first the Kingdom of God, and all His Righteousness
- then these things shall be added unto you (Matt. 6:33)

Mike Gilbert

• Lifetime Member
  • Ameraucana Guru
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2015, 09:05:43 AM »
Royce, I think my favorite is "Nebraska man."     They found a tooth, decided it was from some kind of half-man, and constructed an entire museum exhibit based on that fragment.   Then somebody figured out it was a bone from a peccary, which is a wild pig (peccary is another name for Javelina).
When it comes to these things, just follow the money trail.   There is big money in government grants for this type of project, so wishful thinking and fraud has been rampant.     Here is a link if anybody wants to know more:   http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nebraska_Man
« Last Edit: May 15, 2015, 09:09:50 AM by Mike Gilbert »
Mike Gilbert
1st John 5:11-13

Tailfeathers

• College
  • Breeder & Exhibitor of WBS Ameraucanas since 2008
« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2015, 04:40:53 AM »
Yeah Mike, I'm familiar with that.  Once a month I go to a seminar at the Apologetics Forum of Snohomish County and always have a great time.  Always learn something.  There have been some fascinating things come out of it.  You can Google it for more.  Perhaps the most profound one was about RATE.  I think you'd enjoy it and if you'd like to watch it can be seen here:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nh6kCr2CwtU  Our last seminar was on "Critical Thinking" and that was the main point I was trying to make is that we really can't take things at face value and just swallow whatever we're fed.  Your point about constructing the imagine of an entire "man" from a tooth is a good case in point.
God Bless,

R. E. Van Blaricome
Seek Ye first the Kingdom of God, and all His Righteousness
- then these things shall be added unto you (Matt. 6:33)

Lee G

• Associate
« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2015, 09:19:14 AM »
Whoa....Jurassic Park just got real!  :o 8)
~ The duty of the breeder today and tomorrow is to create rather than imitate or simply perpetuate -- Horace Dryden