Author Topic: Website Address  (Read 3549 times)

Holly Frosch

Website Address
« on: May 25, 2016, 11:19:00 AM »
What is the official website address for the Ameraucana Alliance?

John W Blehm

• Lifetime Member
  • Ameraucana Guru
Re: Website Address
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2016, 01:36:01 PM »
http://AmeraucanaAlliance.org works for everything here.  http://Ameraucana.org and http://Ameraucana.club are both good ones too that should work just as well.  I also have a couple other domain names that just are redirected to our club's site.

John W Blehm

• Lifetime Member
  • Ameraucana Guru
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2016, 08:47:44 PM »
Yes.  That is one of those that points to our site and originally was one I used to have pointing to one of my personal sites.  I also had AmeraucanaChicks.com and others for my site, but there are so many possibilities that I've given some up.
Yesterday was the 17th anniversary for Ameraucana.org.  I registered it on 5/24/1999.  That was also the year I registered WKNX.com to go with the radio station we had.  I registered the ChickHatchery.com domain 16 years ago and have sold it to Cackle Hatchery.
I've only registered domains that I planned to use, but some buy them up hoping to sell them at a profit.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2016, 08:55:48 PM by John W Blehm »

John W Blehm

• Lifetime Member
  • Ameraucana Guru
« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2016, 03:20:45 PM »
The domain extensions are many now.  I like .farm, but see very few others dealing with agriculture.  Now they even have .xxx.  .club I think works well with a club like this, but the originals like .com and .org will have be preferred for many more years.

Tailfeathers

• College
  • Breeder & Exhibitor of WBS Ameraucanas since 2008
« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2016, 07:34:15 PM »
I was just on the FB "Official APA Group" and saw that Susan Mouw is claiming that the AA hacked their site and redirected it to ours.  There are many negative comments about the AA stemming from this including one from Walt saying, "That is one of the most underhanded things I have seen a club do when there was more than one breed club."

I broke my laptap display last Wednesday or I would take a screenshot of the conversation and post it here but suffice it to say I think I understand what happened by this post from Susan:

"The website is owned and paid for by the Ameraucana Breeders Club, but the previous administration failed to record it that way. When I took over, I changed it, but the hosting company took his word that he still owned the domain name and didn't check with us before moving it out of our account."

I have made the following comment but if someone would like to make an official statement, I'll post it there too as I know John is not a member of the APA and Mike got banned from the group.  Here's quoted the above from Susan and then wrote:

"From Susan's own comment it appears that the ABC was NOT "hacked" but rather the owner of the domain actually took it over to the new club with him.  I doubt very much if the hosting company actually just "took his word that he still owned the domain name" but rather looked at the actual records for the account.  Therefore there would be NO need whatsoever for them to "check with us before moving it out of our account". 

I have informed the AA of this accusation and am awaiting a response from the Leadership there.  I've asked them if they will provide an "official statement" that I can post here.  If in fact the actual owner of the site took the address with him, then NO "hacking" was involved nor was there anything "underhanded" involved and making a false accusation before everyone on this "Official APA" site is hardly "moving onward and upward".  Neither does "This person, obviously, was acting in his own best interest" sound as such but rather a cheap shot against someone who they know is not a member of this group and therefore cannot speak for themselves.

So the claim has been made that "The website is owned and paid for by the Ameraucana Breeders Club, but the previous administration failed to record it that way."  The claim has also been made that "When we have all the documentation of what happened, when, and by whom, we will be filing complaints with all pertinent organizations. - including APA and ABA. Nothing may come of it - but it will be on record."  Therefore I submit that it is incumbent upon the ABC to now backup their allegations with proof rather than hearsay and show that "the previous administration" failed to properly record the site as owned by the ABC.   Susan has already proven by her own words that the site was NOT "hacked" and therefore misrepresented what happened.

If in fact these accusations by Susan, and/or the ABC, are proven false then I would expect that "documentation" to be reported AND recorded as well.  An apology would certainly be in order too as well as an admission that the "new administration" simply failed to act once again in the performance of their responsibilities to ensure their club ran appropriately."
God Bless,

R. E. Van Blaricome
Seek Ye first the Kingdom of God, and all His Righteousness
- then these things shall be added unto you (Matt. 6:33)

Suki

• Ameraucana Guru
« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2016, 07:59:47 PM »
Thanks Royce for the update.

The whole thread is here on flickr.  #3 is just really my response to her comments as I took the shots before I sent them in.

https://flic.kr/p/GGbJpc

« Last Edit: May 28, 2016, 08:07:31 PM by Greenleaf »

Mike Gilbert

• Lifetime Member
  • Ameraucana Guru
« Reply #6 on: May 28, 2016, 10:44:52 PM »
Looks like Leonard is once again jumping to conclusions without considering all the facts.   The guy seems to be in over his head. 
Mike Gilbert
1st John 5:11-13

Tailfeathers

• College
  • Breeder & Exhibitor of WBS Ameraucanas since 2008
« Reply #7 on: May 29, 2016, 01:07:59 AM »
Probably still upset with you, Mike, over the one thread awhile back about the Lavs.  I also think he's not happy about John not being a member of the APA.  If this kind of stuff continues I think they're gonna slowly but surely see more and more folks not joining/renewing as I find that a lotta folks these days just don't wanna deal with the "drama".  I know I sure don't and that's one reason why I don't visit that group much.  Way too much of it happening.
God Bless,

R. E. Van Blaricome
Seek Ye first the Kingdom of God, and all His Righteousness
- then these things shall be added unto you (Matt. 6:33)

Suki

• Ameraucana Guru
« Reply #8 on: May 29, 2016, 10:33:38 AM »
The ABC has www.ameraucanabreedersclub.org which is owned by the ABC since 2014. The Ameraucanas.org is owned by Susan Mouw since January of this year.  Her hissy fits are just plain ridiculous.  She ought to be ashamed of herself.  I posted this also on the public APA site in response to her "woe is me" comments about all the work she has to do uploading the old data to the "new" sites on godaddy.  Frankly, its about time they did something for their money.

http://www.whois.com/whois/ameraucanas.org

PS I also posted that ameraucana.org has been owned by J.W. B. since 1999 there with this shot.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2016, 10:48:27 AM by Greenleaf »

Beth Curran

• Lifetime Member
  • College
« Reply #9 on: May 30, 2016, 07:00:13 AM »
Way to go, Sue! We knew they'd cry foul, but it just goes to show how little they know about the club they took over. It's called a lease. John owns the domain name, he's been leasing it to the club for many years, he even honored the remaining year and some change left on the lease when the club split. Did they really think he was going to renew that lease?? It's Susan's fault this ran down to the wire and she has so much work to do, she should have spent the last year getting this changed over instead of spending it on social media taking pot shots at us. 
« Last Edit: May 30, 2016, 07:41:55 AM by Beth Curran »
Beth Curran