Author Topic: Ameraucana National Meet in Lebanon, IN  (Read 24089 times)

John W Blehm

• Lifetime Member
  • Ameraucana Guru
Re: Ameraucana National Meet in Lebanon, IN
« Reply #60 on: October 01, 2015, 07:21:15 PM »
Just got a $50 check in the mail today from Neil & Donna Townsend for awards.  Since they are more into bantams and there was some leftover cash sent in by Harold Knapp and Beth Curran (after purchasing coasters), who are also into bantams, I've applied it to an extra cash prize for BV recognized bantams.
It breaks down to $10.25/BV if all 8 varieties are represented, but if there are fewer the $82 will be divided by whatever number there is. :)

Mike Gilbert

• Lifetime Member
  • Ameraucana Guru
« Reply #61 on: October 01, 2015, 09:55:11 PM »
Just so I know how to fill out my entry form, there will be no awards for trios or displays, correct?
Mike Gilbert
1st John 5:11-13

John W Blehm

• Lifetime Member
  • Ameraucana Guru
« Reply #62 on: October 01, 2015, 11:48:24 PM »
I don't think anyone replied when it was brought up, but we can do something for them if anyone plans to enter some.  Cash, rosettes, plaques, coasters?  If other than cash I would just have them made after the show, since all categories probably won't be covered.  Remember any bird that is part of a trio or display still competes as in individual for awards offered.

(update 10/2/15)  I can enter both a LF & bantam trio, if others are and want to compete for awards. 
?
« Last Edit: October 02, 2015, 12:17:55 PM by John W Blehm »

Russ Blair

• Administrator
  • Ameraucana Guru
« Reply #63 on: October 03, 2015, 12:00:07 PM »
Just mailed in my entry of 17 Ameraucana and 3 call ducks. Most of the Large Fowl still need time to finish out and are not in the best condition for show. Just figured I would try and bring one of each of the varieties I raise to represent them at Nationals. Now the Bantams I am bringing will be ready to compete. Looking forward to seeing everyone there, looks like I will be making the trip alone due to my daughters cross country meet. May everyone be blessed with safe journies. Now its time to get everyone bathed groomed primped and pressed lol.
S.E. Michigan

Mike Gilbert

• Lifetime Member
  • Ameraucana Guru
« Reply #64 on: October 03, 2015, 06:44:14 PM »
I mailed my entry today.   No trios or displays entered. 
Mike Gilbert

Gina Neta

• Associate
« Reply #65 on: October 03, 2015, 06:49:59 PM »
I mailed mine today too.  Just 2 LF Black Ameraucana pullets.  I will also show a White Chantecler cockerel and a Barred Rock pullet.  I am really excited to see everyone!

Beth Curran

• Lifetime Member
  • College
« Reply #66 on: October 05, 2015, 06:18:37 PM »
Last minute as always but mine went out today. Two dozen Ameraucanas, and a Call duck. Hope they all fit in the rental (10 are bantams). And that none end up sick after all this bad weather...  :-\
Beth Curran

Mike Gilbert

• Lifetime Member
  • Ameraucana Guru
« Reply #67 on: October 05, 2015, 09:17:42 PM »
Beth, I have been wondering how you are faring with all the rain out your way.   How is it going so far?
Mike Gilbert

John W Blehm

• Lifetime Member
  • Ameraucana Guru
« Reply #68 on: October 06, 2015, 09:42:03 AM »
Here is a schedule to help remind members of times and places to be during our Ameracuana National Meet.  A Word version is attached that you can customize and print.
(updated 10/10/15)
Annual National Meet Schedule
of the Ameraucana Alliance
October 16, 17 & 18, 2015

Friday:
2pm – 10pm, early coop in at Boone County 4-H Fairgrounds,
1300 E 100 S, Lebanon, IN 46052. 
6pm, Supper at Parky’s Smokehouse, 2479 N Lebanon St., Lebanon
(please make reservations with John)

Saturday:
6:30am – 9am, coop in, with judging starting at 9am.
9:30am, Ameraucana Egg Judging Contest at club table.
10am, Youth Showmanship starts. 
10:30am, Ameraucana Q&A seminar in Centennial Hall (the Jr. Show Blg).
11:30pm, Maybe a good time to grab lunch.
12:30pm, Annual Club Meeting with awards presented.
in Centennial Hall (the Jr. Show Blg).
2pm, Show club’s silent auction ends.
?, Coop out after the birds are released or wait till Sunday morning.
6pm, Pizza at the Comfort Inn, 210 Sam Ralston Rd, Lebanon
 (please make reservations with John)

Sunday:
7am – 9am, late coop out (note: take down of cooping starts at 8am)
« Last Edit: October 10, 2015, 09:22:51 AM by John W Blehm »

Beth Curran

• Lifetime Member
  • College
« Reply #69 on: October 06, 2015, 03:06:08 PM »
Mike, thanks for asking, we fared better than many. We're shin deep in mud, and the goats won't set foot in their barn and I discovered why - fire ants have moved in to escape the water! Other than that, we're okay. Most of the flooding here is along the intercoastal waterways. A friend of mine's store flooded - 3rd time in 10 years, poor guy, but he sells to tourists and tourists hang out by the water, so that's where the store is :( . The really bad flooding seems to be south of us. Myrtle Beach got it pretty bad, and Charleston is dealing with unprecedented flooding. I'm just thankful the hurricane missed us - Fran followed Bertha in '96 and took out most of the trees - the roots pulled right out of the saturated ground. Floyd followed Dennis in '99 and we had widespread flooding. If Joaquin had hit us on top of this, we would have been facing all of the above and then some, I'm afraid!
Beth Curran

John W Blehm

• Lifetime Member
  • Ameraucana Guru
« Reply #70 on: October 08, 2015, 02:21:17 PM »
The rosettes arrived today.  The large ones with white buttons are a bit washed out by the lighting, so it is difficult to make out the gold Ameraucana Alliance logo on them.

John W Blehm

• Lifetime Member
  • Ameraucana Guru
« Reply #71 on: October 08, 2015, 09:00:20 PM »
Bob Evans doesn't take reservations and they are a smaller restaurant than some other Bob Evan's.  After talking to them it sounded like we should come up with another location.  I found a Golden Corral near Indy that is less than a 30 minute drive, but didn't find one good review for that location after checking a few sites.
Kathy is looking into having pizza and pop (no alcohol) at the Comfort Inn on Saturday from 6pm till 8pm, in their meeting room.  I think this would be the best option for our group, if she can talk the hotel into allowing it.  The Front Desk Manager said "no", but she is still doesn't give up easily.  We could bring in a variety of pizzas from many local places like, Little Caesar's, Dominos, Pizza Hut, PaPa John's, Pizza King, etc.  ;D

Gina Neta

• Associate
« Reply #72 on: October 09, 2015, 06:52:33 AM »
That's a great idea John!!  I like it.  :)

Beth Curran

• Lifetime Member
  • College
« Reply #73 on: October 09, 2015, 01:12:33 PM »
I like that idea better, instead of driving across town at the end of a long day we just walk back to our rooms. Don't see why the hotel would have a problem with it, you can have pizza delivered to your room, why not the meeting room?
Beth Curran

John W Blehm

• Lifetime Member
  • Ameraucana Guru
« Reply #74 on: October 09, 2015, 01:25:41 PM »
They had a problem in the past with a group that snuck in alcohol, got rowdy and left a mess.  Kathy said we could get subs also, if wanted and some desserts.