Author Topic: New APA Standard  (Read 5175 times)

Mike Gilbert

• Lifetime Member
  • Ameraucana Guru
Re: New APA Standard
« Reply #15 on: April 18, 2016, 06:09:20 PM »
from john Monaco, the APA President....

Due to an unfortunate omission in the printing of the newly released Standard of Perfection two recently recognized varieties did not appear in that edition. The descriptions for the _Bearded Self Blue Silkie Bantam_ and the _Ginger Red Modern Game Bantam_ can be found on the website at www.amerpoultryassn.com. Both of these varieties have been accepted by the Association and can compete for any American Poultry Association awards or points. The Organization apologizes for this oversight.

Some things never change.  With the entrenched powers that be, I'm not sure it can ever be fixed.   Too bad somebody doesn't take the bull by the horns and start afresh with a new organization.  It would take a tremendous amount of start up work, and I am not up to it at this stage of life. 
« Last Edit: April 18, 2016, 06:16:20 PM by Mike Gilbert »
Mike Gilbert
1st John 5:11-13

Suki

• Ameraucana Guru
« Reply #16 on: April 18, 2016, 08:01:46 PM »
Mike G wrote "Some things never change."
[/size]
Absolutely, and the APA and Tevye would answer, hopefully not...for there is TRADITON!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gRdfX7ut8gw

Tailfeathers

• College
  • Breeder & Exhibitor of WBS Ameraucanas since 2008
« Reply #17 on: April 18, 2016, 09:34:32 PM »
This is an unfortunate, and quite frankly I believe an inexcusable, error and complete lack of attention to detail.  I'd call it Dereliction of Duty.  I say "inexcusable" because this is not the first time.  The continual publishing of a fairly expensive book, as books go, that is supposed to be "The Standard" goes beyond negligence.  I believe it's now entered the realm of incompetence.

I'm not the brightest bulb in the socket and if I can find numerous typographical and other errors without even looking for them, what the heck is the editor doing?  Where is the QA/QC?????

If I were a breeder or member of the APA and the club for those TWO breeds that were an "unfortunate omission", I'd be livid.  Makes me wonder how many of the errors, if any, I've pointed out were corrected in this edition.  Seems to me that this sort of thing brings discredit upon the entire APA and that's being missed as well.

But hey, they've got another reason to publish another one now and sell a bunch more of 'em.
God Bless,

R. E. Van Blaricome
Seek Ye first the Kingdom of God, and all His Righteousness
- then these things shall be added unto you (Matt. 6:33)

Rebecca G Howie

• Administrator
  • College
« Reply #18 on: June 05, 2016, 02:42:55 PM »
This is an unfortunate, and quite frankly I believe an inexcusable, error and complete lack of attention to detail.  I'd call it Dereliction of Duty.  I say "inexcusable" because this is not the first time.  The continual publishing of a fairly expensive book, as books go, that is supposed to be "The Standard" goes beyond negligence.  I believe it's now entered the realm of incompetence.

I'm not the brightest bulb in the socket and if I can find numerous typographical and other errors without even looking for them, what the heck is the editor doing?  Where is the QA/QC?????

If I were a breeder or member of the APA and the club for those TWO breeds that were an "unfortunate omission", I'd be livid.  Makes me wonder how many of the errors, if any, I've pointed out were corrected in this edition.  Seems to me that this sort of thing brings discredit upon the entire APA and that's being missed as well.

But hey, they've got another reason to publish another one now and sell a bunch more of 'em.

I second that ^^^^^^^^^^^

I want a copy so bad, but I will not pay $60 for something full of errors and omissions. Shame on APA

Beth Curran

• Lifetime Member
  • College
« Reply #19 on: June 05, 2016, 04:43:33 PM »
I know. Walker has worn his plum out and I'd love to get him the updated one but for that price I want quality that they simply don't deliver.
Beth Curran