Author Topic: Coulee Region Poultry Club Meet  (Read 5065 times)

Mike Gilbert

• Lifetime Member
  • Ameraucana Guru
Coulee Region Poultry Club Meet
« on: April 24, 2016, 07:12:19 PM »
Show catalogs have been mailed, and the entry deadline is May 16th.   Come to the Coulee Country of beautiful western Wisconsin and join fellow Ameraucana Alliance members at our Club Meet.  The date is June 4th, and the place is the Trempealeau County Fairgrounds in Galesville, Wisconsin.   We have several nearby campgrounds, and camping is available on the fairgrounds for a small fee.   But there is only one motel in town, the Sonic.   Ask Linda for our special Poultry Show rate of only $63.30 per night, and that includes all taxes.   Here is a link to our website where you will find our complete show catalog and entry form.     http://couleeregionpoultryclub.webs.com/
Mike Gilbert
1st John 5:11-13

Gina Neta

• Associate
Re: Coulee Region Poultry Club Meet
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2016, 06:14:59 AM »
Thanks for posting this Mike!  We will be there looking to meet up with everyone and talk chicken.  😄  This is a beautifully run show, terrific people in charge, and always a great time.  Come join us!!!!

John W Blehm

• Lifetime Member
  • Ameraucana Guru
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2016, 09:47:59 AM »
I don't know what I may have to show, but we'll be there.

Mike Gilbert

• Lifetime Member
  • Ameraucana Guru
« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2016, 12:32:40 PM »
I don't know what I may have to show, but we'll be there.

Just like Motel 6, "we'll keep the light on for ya!"
Mike Gilbert

John W Blehm

• Lifetime Member
  • Ameraucana Guru
« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2016, 01:40:04 PM »
Kathy said "just like Motel 6 we won't leave a tip"...unless you install a hot tub (she is so funny). :))

Mike Gilbert

• Lifetime Member
  • Ameraucana Guru
« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2016, 04:15:08 PM »
Tell Kathy we will have one set up near the creek.  But she may have to share with the raccoons!
Mike Gilbert

John W Blehm

• Lifetime Member
  • Ameraucana Guru
« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2016, 09:34:42 PM »
I just checked the deadline for entries and my heart sank when I saw the 16th, thinking they had to be received by then.  Postmarked by Monday, the 16th works for me.  I'll have to go talk some birds into growing some feathers quickly.

Mike Gilbert

• Lifetime Member
  • Ameraucana Guru
« Reply #7 on: May 13, 2016, 09:48:09 PM »
We will have a class for Naked Necks John.   Not sure about the other parts though.
Mike Gilbert

John W Blehm

• Lifetime Member
  • Ameraucana Guru
« Reply #8 on: May 13, 2016, 11:11:04 PM »
We will have a class for Naked Necks John.   Not sure about the other parts though.

I was thinking more along the lines of bare backs. 

Mike Gilbert

• Lifetime Member
  • Ameraucana Guru
« Reply #9 on: May 23, 2016, 05:03:55 PM »
Entries have closed for our show.   Here are the Ameraucana entries:   24 large fowl Ameraucanas, with the largest class being 11 blacks.    Also 19 bantam Ameraucanas, with the largest class being 6 lavenders.    So a total of 43 Ameraucanas are scheduled to be judged.   Even if you didn't enter, consider joining us for a day of fun and fellowship.   We would love to have you.  There will be a lot going on besides the judging.   We have a great food stand, raffle, silent auction, perhaps a live auction of baby chicks, junior showmanship, and a junior judging contest.  There will be tables set up for the younger kids to do some coloring.   It is possible to camp overnight right on the fairgrounds for a small fee, but no alcoholic beverages are allowed.   
Mike Gilbert

Michael Muenks

• Administrator
  • Associate
« Reply #10 on: June 01, 2016, 12:11:31 AM »
I wish I could make it up for the show. Our weekend was  completely booked. I'm really sad.

Mike Gilbert

• Lifetime Member
  • Ameraucana Guru
« Reply #11 on: June 01, 2016, 06:58:24 PM »
I wish I could make it up for the show. Our weekend was  completely booked. I'm really sad.

It happens.   Lets try for next year.   Always the first Saturday of June. 
Mike Gilbert

John W Blehm

• Lifetime Member
  • Ameraucana Guru
« Reply #12 on: June 02, 2016, 09:25:52 PM »
From NOAA...

Friday
A 40 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms, mainly after 3pm. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 83. Light southeast wind becoming south 6 to 11 mph in the morning. New rainfall amounts between a tenth and quarter of an inch, except higher amounts possible in thunderstorms.

Friday Night
Showers and thunderstorms likely, mainly between 7pm and 1am. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 61. Southwest wind 6 to 9 mph. Chance of precipitation is 70%. New rainfall amounts between a quarter and half of an inch possible.

Saturday
A 50 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 76. Southwest wind 6 to 10 mph becoming west in the afternoon. New rainfall amounts between a tenth and quarter of an inch, except higher amounts possible in thunderstorms.

Saturday Night
A 20 percent chance of showers before 1am. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 54. Northwest wind 6 to 9 mph.

Sunday
A 20 percent chance of showers. Partly sunny, with a high near 73. Northwest wind 7 to 13 mph.

Mike Gilbert

• Lifetime Member
  • Ameraucana Guru
« Reply #13 on: June 05, 2016, 07:14:41 PM »
Our 2016 show and Ameraucana Alliance meet is now history.   Here are some preliminary results, and I hope to add photos soon.   Best Ameraucana large fowl and Reserve AOSB was a Black cock bird shown by the Sonsalla family of our local Coulee Region Poultry Club.  Reserve Ameraucana large fowl was a black hen shown by a nonmember.   There were 12 exhibitors of a total of  27 large Ameraucanas actually judged, and APA judge Zeb Skow of Iowa did the honors.   
In the bantams a Wheaten pullet went best of breed but no farther.  She was a December hatched pullet from Red Stag Acres.   Reserve Ameraucana bantam was a wheaten hen shown by the Sonsalla family.   Only two wheaten bantams were entered.   There were a total of 19 Ameraucana bantams judged by APA judge Bart Pals of Iowa, and 5 exhibitors of the bantams.     
Mike Gilbert

Suki

• Ameraucana Guru
« Reply #14 on: June 05, 2016, 08:14:44 PM »
So what Alliance made it besides you and Gina or did the bad weather keep them away?