Author Topic: Alliance Meet on Vancouver Island BC Nov 19th  (Read 1751 times)

Dawn Webster

Alliance Meet on Vancouver Island BC Nov 19th
« on: November 03, 2016, 01:24:33 PM »
We are having a club meet at the Cowichan Valley Feather Fanciers fall show November 19th in Coombs BC. We have a very strong group of large fowl Ameraucana breeders on Vancouver Island, primarily blacks and blues with the occasional white showing up. At this time I think I am the only club member but I am hoping this will be an opportunity to spread awareness of our club to the larger community.

Mike Gilbert

• Lifetime Member
  • Ameraucana Guru
Re: Alliance Meet on Vancouver Island BC Nov 19th
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2016, 01:59:10 PM »
  Good luck at Coombs on the 19th Dawn!   Thanks for spreading the word about the Allilance.

I was wondering if you participated in the Canadian CFI national meet last weekend?
Mike Gilbert
1st John 5:11-13

Dawn Webster

« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2016, 06:31:00 PM »
No, wrong side of the country, will be at next years. I will be going next year but unfortunately once you get off the island very few Ameraucana breeders in Western Canada. I'm doing my best to rectify that (got a junior started in Vernon this year).

John W Blehm

• Lifetime Member
  • Ameraucana Guru
« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2016, 07:33:32 PM »
Over the past decade I've sold chicks to folks in 4 or 5 provinces and I would guess about half those orders were from BC.  Ontario had a few and I believe one order to Quebec, one for Alberta and one for SK I think. 
It costs a lot to get them over the border and it is odd that after putting so much into getting the stock some fanciers seem to go off the radar.

Mike Gilbert

• Lifetime Member
  • Ameraucana Guru
« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2016, 09:16:46 PM »
No, wrong side of the country, will be at next years. I will be going next year but unfortunately once you get off the island very few Ameraucana breeders in Western Canada. I'm doing my best to rectify that (got a junior started in Vernon this year).

No, I meant the CFI Canadian National in British Columbia. 
Mike Gilbert
1st John 5:11-13

Tailfeathers

• College
  • Breeder & Exhibitor of WBS Ameraucanas since 2008
« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2016, 12:53:20 AM »
Best wishes with your Meet in BC.  Wish I could make it!  Not in the cards this year.  I have NO clue what it's like crossing the border now but last year the folks from BC were prohibited from bringing bird down to our Spring show in Monroe as many often do.  Hopefully that's better now.
God Bless,

R. E. Van Blaricome
Seek Ye first the Kingdom of God, and all His Righteousness
- then these things shall be added unto you (Matt. 6:33)

Dawn Webster

« Reply #6 on: November 06, 2016, 11:48:04 PM »
Mike, you threw me with talk of Chanteclers on an Ameraucana site :-)
I was there with 6 Chanteclers entered but Bruce and Fran brought the better birds this year.