Author Topic: More rantings on FB...Mouw has found her flock  (Read 6629 times)

Gina Neta

• Associate
Re: More rantings on FB...Mouw has found her flock
« Reply #15 on: June 01, 2016, 05:56:40 AM »
I echo Michael's comments.  I am sorry about the drama.  I hope you will consider continuing with us as we focus our efforts on the birds, learning, supporting, and networking.  The board will sort out the business side of things.  Thank you for your comments Spencer. 

Beth Curran

• Lifetime Member
  • College
« Reply #16 on: June 01, 2016, 11:27:02 AM »
Spencer, I truly understand why you feel the way you do, and I hate all of this. One of the things that attracted me to this breed and to the ABC was the camaraderie and respect among the breeders, many who had been working together for over 30 years. I was always impressed at the lack of drama and how well everyone cooperated for the good of the breed, and it was heartbreaking to see this begin to change several years back. Both sides have different stories and different opinions on who is to blame, but from my perspective: if something works well for a very long time then suddenly doesn't, it's unlikely the reason for the failure has been present and lying dormant the entire time, and far more likely that the problem was introduced more recently.

I hope you change your mind, we'd sure hate to lose you, but either way I wish you all the best and hope that you are able to find joy in your birds again. The events of the last two years have taken the joy out of this for a lot of people, and that's a darn shame...
Beth Curran

Max Strawn

• Lifetime Member
  • Associate
« Reply #17 on: June 01, 2016, 03:35:32 PM »
Spencer,
I was raising Ameraucanas before I knew there was an Ameraucana club. I too, get tired of the drama but I won't let it prevent me from enjoying the breed. Don't let a few bad apples spoil the fun. Our focus should be on the birds, not the rantings of a few who can't let a sleeping dog lie. Beth and Michael make good points.

I have some things I want to share about my project but I'll wait until the dust settles from all the drama.