Author Topic: Silent auction @ Nationals?  (Read 6814 times)

Russ Blair

• Administrator
  • Ameraucana Guru
Re: Silent auction @ Nationals?
« Reply #15 on: September 03, 2016, 08:17:57 PM »
That's a great question Stan? I guess it's up to the club, I would think it's open to anybody at the show. If someone was just getting a start with Ameraucana it would be a good incentive to join the alliance. I guess it would be up to the current officers to decide, which I am good either way lol.
S.E. Michigan

John W Blehm

• Lifetime Member
  • Ameraucana Guru
« Reply #16 on: September 03, 2016, 09:50:44 PM »
Past precedent would leave it open to the public. 

Mike Gilbert

• Lifetime Member
  • Ameraucana Guru
« Reply #17 on: September 04, 2016, 08:59:50 AM »
Here's an idea.   What if any winning bidder who was not a member gets a free 2017 or 2018 $10 membership with their winning bid?   
Mike Gilbert
1st John 5:11-13

Russ Blair

• Administrator
  • Ameraucana Guru
« Reply #18 on: September 04, 2016, 01:12:17 PM »
I like that idea Mike, they very well may get bitten by the the Ameraucana bug and just stick around lol
S.E. Michigan

Stan Alder

• Associate
« Reply #19 on: September 04, 2016, 05:30:47 PM »
Here's an idea.   What if any winning bidder who was not a member gets a free 2017 or 2018 $10 membership with their winning bid?

I second Mike's idea!...I think that's a good promotional concept..!

Russ Blair

• Administrator
  • Ameraucana Guru
« Reply #20 on: September 07, 2016, 09:02:03 AM »
Here is an updated list of Ameraucana being offered at our silent auction:

Mike Gilbert trio of Bantam Brown Red
Neil & Donna Townsend pair of Bantam Blue Wheaten
Gina Neta pair of Bantam Lavender and possibly a pair of LF Whites
Max Strawn pair of LF Blue
Russ Blair pair of Bantam Silver, 1-2 Bantam Wheaten pullets, and a few LF Black and Splash pullets. I will know exactly this weekend. Hopefully I will have a pair of Black Bantams as well???

If anybody is planning on attending and possibly has any please just let us know. Thanks to all that have donated. Oh and if I saw you last year be forewarned I will be calling you soon lol. We are accepting single birds, pairs or trios so if you only have a spare cockerel, cock, pullet or hen we will gladly accept them as well.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2016, 05:13:26 PM by Russ Blair »
S.E. Michigan

Mike Gilbert

• Lifetime Member
  • Ameraucana Guru
« Reply #21 on: September 07, 2016, 11:00:36 AM »
Russ, make the bantam brown reds a trio, and they will be entered in the show as such.
Mike Gilbert
1st John 5:11-13

Gina Neta

• Associate
« Reply #22 on: September 09, 2016, 07:52:42 PM »
Russ and I talked this afternoon and agreed on the following:  We would like the bidding to be open to everybody.  We think the suggestion of a free 1 year membership to winning bidders in the silent auction who are not current AA members is fabulous!  Do we need a formal vote on this?  If so I would like to get that rolling. 

Also keep in mind:  the bird(s) you are donating could very well be participating in the show.  That will most likely be the case with the birds I am donating.  So we will make a sign/poster for each bird that is not found in the "silent auction area" to indicate they are participating in the show and, if possible, information about where the bird may be viewed. 

Russ and I will need final numbers and details of birds being donated (THANK YOU IN ADVANCE EVERYONE!) and whether or not they will be entered in the show by October 1st.  This will help us in planning the number of coops and space needed.  This is such a meaningful and value-added way to support our club and our members! 

We appreciate everyone who has come forward already and generously offered bird(s).  For questions or more details please contact Russ or myself.  If you have birds to donate you can post here or let one of us know.  We will post a final tally once the numbers and details are in.

Russ Blair

• Administrator
  • Ameraucana Guru
« Reply #23 on: September 10, 2016, 09:41:55 PM »
I just received an e mail from Duane Schroeder and he will donate a LF Black Cockerel, and Stan Alder may possibly be donating a LF Buff pullet. I will make an updated list after I hear back from a few other members I tried contacting today. I would like to personally thank everyone for there generosity.
S.E. Michigan

Russ Blair

• Administrator
  • Ameraucana Guru
« Reply #24 on: September 11, 2016, 11:18:21 AM »
S.E. Michigan

Rebecca G Howie

• Administrator
  • College
« Reply #25 on: September 12, 2016, 10:04:40 AM »

Russ Blair

• Administrator
  • Ameraucana Guru
« Reply #26 on: September 12, 2016, 12:08:18 PM »
You were able to see it correct? I was worried it wasn't viewable since I did it off our I Pad. I am not very savvy with these electronic thingies lol
S.E. Michigan

Rebecca G Howie

• Administrator
  • College
« Reply #27 on: September 13, 2016, 06:50:19 AM »
You were able to see it correct? I was worried it wasn't viewable since I did it off our I Pad. I am not very savvy with these electronic thingies lol

yes, I could read the list of birds that are available.

I use a Mac also, but it looks like it opened as a generic text document that anyone could open whether Mac or PC.

I just had a friend with a PC based pad go to link and she was able to view the document correctly also

You did good, Russ
« Last Edit: September 13, 2016, 06:57:21 AM by Rebecca G Howie »

Russ Blair

• Administrator
  • Ameraucana Guru
« Reply #28 on: September 14, 2016, 10:27:41 PM »
A.A. Silent Auction
Donated Birds
Mike Gilbert - trio of bantam brown reds *
Gina Neta - pair of lavender bantam*, possible LF white *
Max Strawn - pair of LF blue ?
Neil & Donna Townsend - pair of blue wheaten bantams *
Duane Schroeder - LF black cockerel
Russ Blair - pair of silver bantam, 1-2 wheaten bantam pullets, 2 LF splash pullets
Stan Alder - possible LF buff pullet ? (needs confirmed)
Robert Rennolet - not sure yet but expect several, may bring a surprise (have to attend show if you want to know)
* denotes will be entered in show
? denotes not sure if it will be in show
S.E. Michigan

Russ Blair

• Administrator
  • Ameraucana Guru
« Reply #29 on: September 14, 2016, 10:30:48 PM »
The list is growing, I would just like to say thanks to all the generosity. There is still time if you are attending our Nationals and possibly have something you would like to donate.
S.E. Michigan