Author Topic: Ameraucana National Meet 2016  (Read 12609 times)

John W Blehm

• Lifetime Member
  • Ameraucana Guru
Re: Ameraucana National Meet 2016
« Reply #15 on: March 29, 2016, 10:02:54 AM »
After searching online sites for the best hotel deals and calling the top two hotels we weren't able to come up with any great deals, so please book your rooms where you want.

The Holiday Inn Express told Kathy that their breakfast room was open (no door) and wouldn't work for our Saturday meal and meeting.  They also said their meeting room would be too small for our group. 

update...she just talked to Jash @ Comfort Inn and prices are much higher than last year.  The nonrefundable rate is about $96+/night and refundable is about $120+/night for a room with 2 queen beds, but it is $109+/night if you mention my name.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2016, 12:40:48 PM by John W Blehm »

Beth Curran

• Lifetime Member
  • College
« Reply #16 on: March 30, 2016, 07:35:42 AM »
Would there be a building/room anywhere at the fairgrounds suitable for our meeting?
Beth Curran

John W Blehm

• Lifetime Member
  • Ameraucana Guru
« Reply #17 on: March 30, 2016, 09:35:15 AM »
Would there be a building/room anywhere at the fairgrounds suitable for our meeting?

We are all set to have our pizza and club meeting, on Saturday, from 5 till 8pm, in the breakfast room, at the Comfort Inn, like last year.
We had a Q&A session in the corner of the Jr show building last year, but that was too noisy.  It would be nice to set aside an hour for it again this year, if we can find a better building/room.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2016, 09:39:20 AM by John W Blehm »

Mike Gilbert

• Lifetime Member
  • Ameraucana Guru
« Reply #18 on: March 30, 2016, 12:13:26 PM »
Just a reminder that Chantecler Fanciers is also holding our USA National Meet at this show, and we will also need an hour for a meeting.   Some Ameraucana Alliance members are also CFI members, and as secretary of CFI I will have to give that organization precedence if there is a time conflict. 
Mike Gilbert
1st John 5:11-13

John W Blehm

• Lifetime Member
  • Ameraucana Guru
« Reply #19 on: March 30, 2016, 12:42:06 PM »
The CFI members could also use my name to get the $109 room rate at the Comfort Inn.  Last year Doug and Ron suggested the corner in the jr show building for our Q&A session.  If you find a better place for your club meeting at the fairgrounds let me know and maybe we'll schedule our Q&A session there before or after your meeting.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2016, 01:20:34 PM by John W Blehm »

John W Blehm

• Lifetime Member
  • Ameraucana Guru
« Reply #20 on: April 02, 2016, 01:27:32 PM »
The board of directors has agreed to put up $1,390 in cash awards for our 2016 Ameraucana National Meet, plus $200 in ribbons & rosettes in junior competition.  This is on top of any awards offered by our members, bringing the total to over $1,900 as of today!
The hosting show club will give us $200 again for entering 100 or more birds.  That will be designated toward rosettes and ribbons in Jr competition.  Every kid entering an Ameraucana will be offered a yellow exhibitor ribbon or higher award(s) for certain wins. 
There is already $320 in cash awards this year from members (Royce Van Blaricome, Russ Blair, Robert Rennolet & Mike Gilbert), some of which was unclaimed last year due to varieties not shown.  Please feel free to contact me with any more donations, whether designated for specific wins or to be used as per consensus of the club board.  It would be nice to have $20 for Jr BB LF, since we already have $20 for Jr BB bantam and $10 for RB wins.
•        Only Ameraucana Alliance Members, with paid memberships before judging begins, are eligible for these Open Show awards from our club & it’s members. 
•        Some members prefer cash and some prefer trophies of some sort.  Open show winners have the choice of either cash or non-cash for club sponsored awards.  Dollar amounts are associated with each win and each winner may decide whether to receive the cash or a non-cash (hardware) award, such as a plaque, rosette, coaster, etc. of fairly equal value with shipping figured in.  This gives winners the option and by having non-cash awards made after the meet the winner’s name can be included in custom designed awards.
•        Both member and Non-member junior competition winners are eligible for Rosettes and Ribbons offered by the Ameraucana Alliance. 
•        Eggs entered into the egg judging contest become the property of the Ameraucana Alliance
« Last Edit: April 25, 2016, 08:08:50 PM by John W Blehm »

Russ Blair

• Administrator
  • Ameraucana Guru
« Reply #21 on: April 05, 2016, 12:35:39 PM »
Wow this show will be the grand daddy of any Ameraucana show this year. My only concern is what everybody else might win??? Lol just kidding
S.E. Michigan

John W Blehm

• Lifetime Member
  • Ameraucana Guru
« Reply #22 on: April 05, 2016, 01:08:10 PM »
Wow this show will be the grand daddy of any Ameraucana show this year. My only concern is what everybody else might win??? Lol just kidding

I would love to see everyone be able to win something.  The kids that compete will get a yellow ribbon as a keepsake whether they win or not!

Harry Shaffer

• Associate
« Reply #23 on: April 05, 2016, 02:56:50 PM »
John, I am planning to come but not sure at this moment. 

John W Blehm

• Lifetime Member
  • Ameraucana Guru
« Reply #24 on: June 07, 2016, 09:59:22 AM »
Thanks to Ken Olsen, of Kansas, for the donation of $60!
Please use wherever needed for 2016 National awards/prizes. Thanks, Ken Olsen

Donations can be sent via PayPal to pay@AmeraucanaAlliance.org.

« Last Edit: June 07, 2016, 03:39:01 PM by John W Blehm »

Gina Neta

• Associate
« Reply #25 on: June 07, 2016, 08:25:32 PM »
THANK YOU KEN!!!   Sure appreciate your generosity. 

Beth Curran

• Lifetime Member
  • College
« Reply #26 on: June 07, 2016, 10:58:31 PM »
Thanks, Ken!
Beth Curran

Russ Blair

• Administrator
  • Ameraucana Guru
« Reply #27 on: June 08, 2016, 11:44:10 AM »
Awesome Ken thanks for donating. John unless you want me to have it I don't recommend you put it towards BB Bantam or BV Blue or Black Bantam. The way my grow out pens are looking I may have a few dandies for the show  ;D Oh I will be bringing some LF and Bantam Silver to keep you honest, and Wheaten Bantams to keep Donna Townsend honest lol
« Last Edit: June 08, 2016, 11:48:09 AM by Russ Blair »
S.E. Michigan

John W Blehm

• Lifetime Member
  • Ameraucana Guru
« Reply #28 on: June 08, 2016, 04:09:04 PM »
We'll wait until close to the next newsletter printing and have the board decide where to apply it.  Over 2 grand in prizes is what they (young people like my really "great" grandkids) call epic, sweet and awesome!

And today my buddy Duane Schroeder donated $50 and said...
Use for awards at Nationals, as you see fit. Duane

Suki

• Ameraucana Guru
« Reply #29 on: June 08, 2016, 11:03:36 PM »
I booked at the Hilton...93.00 a night refundable up to the 14th.  Not in Lebanon but 10 miles away.
C'ya then.