Author Topic: Happy Independence Day/My Coop  (Read 1295 times)

Mike Gilbert

• Lifetime Member
  • Ameraucana Guru
Happy Independence Day/My Coop
« on: July 04, 2018, 11:46:12 AM »
This is the view that greets me each summer morning when I walk out the back door and turn east to do chores.  The low building would be the main coop, and you can just make out the pole building behind the trees to its' left.  The pole building is used for brooders and grow outs.    I have a fenced garden in between the two buildings.   Click on the photo to enlarge it. 
 Have  a great Independence Day as we celebrate this land of freedom and opportunity.
Mike Gilbert
1st John 5:11-13

Russ Blair

• Administrator
  • Ameraucana Guru
Re: Happy Independence Day/My Coop
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2018, 10:43:32 PM »
Beautiful Mike, and hope your Independance Day was great as well. Spent the day myself up to my older sister house on a lake just chilling with family.
S.E. Michigan

Rebecca G Howie

• Administrator
  • College
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2018, 11:39:09 AM »
Lovely view, Mike.

Tailfeathers

• College
  • Breeder & Exhibitor of WBS Ameraucanas since 2008
« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2018, 06:22:09 PM »
Nice place, Mike.  Nice and green for summer.  I imagine it gets pretty warm sometimes there in the morning when you do your chores.

Don't know why but I got into the habit of doing my rounds in the evening.  Often times I'm still doing them at night.  Sometimes I don't finish up until Midnight.  Just seems easier with the birds on the roost and it's cooler. 

I sense there was something in your voice as you talked about the view that "greets" you each morning.  I think I can relate and Who it is that's greeting me.  Don't know if I've ever posted a pic on here of my place but there's a short video on my Facebook page that shows what I have off my back deck.  I should get out and make another one now that I've done some work on the place.  Think it's been 10yrs since I made that one.  But I don't think there's still a day that goes by that I don't look at that view and thank God not only for it but for the promise that He's got something even better waiting for me. 

In fact, the really exciting thing is that I know He knows the grandest and biggest dream spread I could ever imagine and He got something already done for me that's even better. 

P.S.  On a side note, I can't be dogmatic about this but I like to think that place has a nice flock of absolutely perfect Wheatens, Blue Wheatens, and even Splash Wheatens on it!!
God Bless,

R. E. Van Blaricome
Seek Ye first the Kingdom of God, and all His Righteousness
- then these things shall be added unto you (Matt. 6:33)

Mike Gilbert

• Lifetime Member
  • Ameraucana Guru
« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2018, 08:46:45 PM »
Royce, I think you hit it pretty close.   I realize just how blessed I have been.   As for rounds, I do them both in the morning and at dusk.   I dump the water at night so they can have fresh in the morning.  Fresh water in hot weather is a must here. And in the winter, I dump water at night so I don't have to deal with ice in the morning. Plus, my grow-outs don't like to come in from the deer run pasture until dusk unless I get out there and chase them in with a broom.  .
Mike Gilbert
1st John 5:11-13