Author Topic: Let others know about the Ameraucana Alliance  (Read 2891 times)

John W Blehm

• Lifetime Member
  • Ameraucana Guru
Let others know about the Ameraucana Alliance
« on: April 04, 2015, 07:49:14 PM »
Some of our members also are registered on the BackYard Chicken forum and other forums.   If you are one and the opportunity arises in a topic, please feel free to recommend some of our resources...like our Ameraucana Directory (with a link to it)for those looking for eggs, chicks and birds.  It would be a good way to promote the Ameraucana Alliance and let folks know we are here.

Mike Gilbert

• Lifetime Member
  • Ameraucana Guru
Re: Let others know about the Ameraucana Alliance
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2015, 08:43:04 PM »
A lot of promotion could be done with a Facebook group page.    The other club I belong to gets much more activity there than on the regular discussion forum.    I have offered to set one up, but got a very tepid response.   The offer still stands. . . .
Mike Gilbert
1st John 5:11-13

John W Blehm

• Lifetime Member
  • Ameraucana Guru
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2015, 10:02:10 PM »
A lot of promotion could be done with a Facebook group page.    The other club I belong to gets much more activity there than on the regular discussion forum.    I have offered to set one up, but got a very tepid response.   The offer still stands. . . .

I'm all for it, if it will bring people to the club and forum. 
When you say with your other club the Facebook group page gets much more activity than the forum, it sounds like the two are in competition. 
If it is one or the other I prefer a forum that is available to all club members with internet.  Some to many of us aren't on Facebook.  Is Facebook a rival/alternative to forums?   

Mike Gilbert

• Lifetime Member
  • Ameraucana Guru
« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2015, 10:09:14 PM »
I don't see them as rivals.    Some people just are not comfortable posting where the whole world can see.   Facebook can be set up to be viewable by members only.   I suppose Forums can too, but I don't know of many that actually are.   Posting photos from ones own website seems a lot easier on Facebook too.     The big downside to Facebook, as I see it, is the postings are only available for a relatively short period of time compared to a Forum. 
Mike Gilbert

Russ Blair

• Administrator
  • Ameraucana Guru
« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2015, 10:53:13 PM »
There are a lot of face book pages for Ameraucana already out there. There's a Silver page, the real Ameraucana page, Ameraucana and who knows what else. I actually prefer the forum to get my information. Seems like I get good information here, especially when it comes to breeding/hatching. Oh yeah, awesome article in the poultry press Mike, I thought it was very well put and very inviting.
S.E. Michigan

Mike Gilbert

• Lifetime Member
  • Ameraucana Guru
« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2015, 09:39:08 AM »
Thanks Russ.   I appreciate the feedback.   Have not heard from anyone in the other group about it - yet.
Mike Gilbert

Russ Blair

• Administrator
  • Ameraucana Guru
« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2015, 07:13:40 PM »
Unfortunately Mike I am afraid the few would prefer to talk behind private doors. The Majority who truly care about the Breed would think the same as I.
S.E. Michigan