Author Topic: ISO - 2019 LF Chicks  (Read 1130 times)

Kathy Davis

ISO - 2019 LF Chicks
« on: August 15, 2018, 12:28:39 AM »
I am hoping to get on someone’s 2019 LF chick shipping list.

Top of my list is to buy more lavender and/or buff chicks. I bought some this year from John Blehm and am very happy with them. They are beautiful, healthy, and hearty. (Thank you, John! I really appreciate your good work and the guidance you gave me.)

I am also interested in any other LF varieties, as well. Besides lavender and buff, I have black, blue, and silver, have a special hankering for wheaten, especially blue wheaten, and any colors I don’t yet have.

Please let me know if you plan to ship chicks in the spring and if you have room for another customer.

I currently have a few other breeds but Ameraucana are my first love and by next year, may be my only breed.

Thanks much,
Kathy

Tailfeathers

• College
  • Breeder & Exhibitor of WBS Ameraucanas since 2008
Re: ISO - 2019 LF Chicks
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2018, 08:53:16 PM »
Hi Kathy, I looked on the Membership List and don't see you.  Where are you?
God Bless,

R. E. Van Blaricome
Seek Ye first the Kingdom of God, and all His Righteousness
- then these things shall be added unto you (Matt. 6:33)

Kathy Davis

« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2018, 03:29:55 PM »
Sorry for my delayed reply and thanks for your response. I am in southern Illinois.

Tailfeathers

• College
  • Breeder & Exhibitor of WBS Ameraucanas since 2008
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2018, 04:52:20 PM »
Oh really?  I used to live at Scott AFB and work downtown STL.  I will leave it to you to search this boards for more on my WBS.  Having experienced increasingly bad experiences, both on the sending and receiving side, of shipping hatching eggs I'm pretty reluctant to do so these days and I don't ship chicks.

However, your special hankering is also mine as they are all I have, so if you don't find something feel free to get back with me.
God Bless,

R. E. Van Blaricome
Seek Ye first the Kingdom of God, and all His Righteousness
- then these things shall be added unto you (Matt. 6:33)

John W Blehm

• Lifetime Member
  • Ameraucana Guru
« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2018, 05:18:09 PM »
Kathy,

Duane Schroeder, over in Indiana, specializes in large fowl wheaten Ameraucanas.  He is a super nice fellow with some of the best LF wheatens.

If you want day-old chicks in the Spring, let me know prior to January 1...The best chance at securing show quality birds is to purchase day old chicks. (Buying show quality adults from a quality breeder is practically unheard of, and then they would be VERY expensive.) Even then there are no guarantees. As Ameraucanas are a relatively new breed, even the highest quality parent stock will produce only a small percentage of potential show winners.
If your goal is to just have a few, true blue egg laying Ameraucanas, and you are not planning to raise them for showing or resale, I often have a few 4-month old pullets available in August/September.