Author Topic: 2019 Ameraucana Eastern National  (Read 13562 times)

Beth Curran

• Lifetime Member
  • College
2019 Ameraucana Eastern National
« on: August 16, 2018, 01:14:16 PM »
Just a reminder that the time is drawing near to place next year's national, so now is the time to request bids from your favorite shows and submit them to me before November 1st, 2018 so that the board can vote by November 15th, 2018, in order to publish the results in the winter newsletter.

Last year we only had one bid, so let's hit those show clubs up early this year! ;)
« Last Edit: April 14, 2019, 10:39:37 PM by John W Blehm »
Beth Curran

John W Blehm

• Lifetime Member
  • Ameraucana Guru
Re: 2019 National
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2018, 01:58:13 PM »
I have submitted a bid/offer to Beth via email to have our 2019 Ameraucana National Meet hosted by the Michigan Poultry Fanciers.
Their Fowl Fest is scheduled to be on October 12-13, 2019, at the Frankenmuth CU Event Center, in Birch Run, Michigan.
The details of their offer are below…same as in the past!

   
We will provide up to two 8’ tables and 2 chairs.
   We will provide an area for your club meeting.
   Your club will have first choice of the judges we hire and your breed(s) will be judged first, provided your breed club is the first to place a national meet with us - first come, first serve.
   Your breed(s) will be given a prominent location in the showroom.  Your breed will be on top if double stacking is necessary and if applicable your bantam and large fowl breeds will be placed as near to each other as possible.
   Your National Meet will be promoted on our website and in our Poultry Press ad.
   Your breed club will receive a rebate of $1 per bird entered of your breed(s).
   Your breed club will receive a $100 bonus if 200 or more birds of your breed(s) are entered.

This is the same venue as 2017 and everything was great!   :)

The offer from the show club is important, but there are many things to consider.  Here are some that I can think of...
 * When is the show?  October thru the 1st half of November is preferred. 
 * Testing, Do we just need an NPIP flock # or recent Pullorum/Typhoid test or is more needed?
 * How well is the show run?  Reputation?  Do they turn in Meet Reports within 30 days? 
 * Is a location that draws the most members with the most entries more important than moving it around the country?
 * Money, How much is offered to our breed club?
 * How much will it cost us per entry?
 * Are any awards offered such as plaques for AOCCL and AOSB?
 * Do we have first choice of the judges they hire?
 * Will our birds be given a prominent location in the showroom? If double stacking is necessary will our birds be on top?
 * Will our breed be judged first?
 * Do they provide an 8’ table (or more) and 2 chairs.
 * Do they provide an area for our club meeting.
 * Will they promote our Ameraucana National Meet on their website, social media, print ads?
 * Facility...Close to expressway?  Good lighting?  Wide aisles?  Do they double stack coops?  Easy to coop in and coop out?
 * What else is offered in the area, like restaurants and entertainment especially for family members that aren't into showing?
 * What about lodging availability and costs?  Is camping available? 
 * Are all birds entered in the open show, so every Alliance member showing is eligible every Alliance award offered in the sanctioned meet?
 * Is the show room pet free and smoke free?
 * ?

« Last Edit: August 20, 2018, 02:10:12 PM by John W Blehm »

Mike Gilbert

• Lifetime Member
  • Ameraucana Guru
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2018, 10:57:06 AM »
Anyone who attended our 2017 Meet at this venue will remember the great party we had at John's and Kathy's backyard pavilion.   As I understand it, if this venue is chosen, there will be a repeat performance in 2019!   
Mike Gilbert
1st John 5:11-13

Beth Curran

• Lifetime Member
  • College
« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2018, 05:20:08 PM »
Fowl Fest is certainly a great venue and John & Kathy made it extra special. But we have had members express interest in moving the national around, so I would like to remind those people to request bids from shows they are interested in and get them to me. Last year the Wisconsin International was the only bid submitted, so that's where our 2018 national is. So far, Fowl Fest is the only bid submitted for 2019.
Beth Curran

Russ Blair

• Administrator
  • Ameraucana Guru
« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2018, 09:23:37 AM »
I just talked to Amanda from Dayton Fancy Feathers and they are going to e mail me a bid to host our 2019 National at there fall show in Greenville Ohio. When I receive it I will forward it to you Beth.
S.E. Michigan

Suki

• Ameraucana Guru
« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2018, 05:18:58 PM »
I have asked Utah Poultry Fanciers to submit a bid for the 2019.  I sent Michelle  the requirements and  told her to send the proposal to Beth.  She is also requesting a Meet for the Spring 2019.  It would be in Farmington, UTAH just north of SLC.

http://utahfancypoultry.com/index.html
« Last Edit: September 19, 2018, 06:08:09 PM by Suki Paolini »

Mike Gilbert

• Lifetime Member
  • Ameraucana Guru
« Reply #6 on: September 19, 2018, 07:37:10 PM »
I have asked Utah Poultry Fanciers to submit a bid for the 2019.  I sent Michelle  the requirements and  told her to send the proposal to Beth.  She is also requesting a Meet for the Spring 2019.  It would be in Farmington, UTAH just north of SLC.

http://utahfancypoultry.com/index.html

Is Michelle a member?    If so, have her send me the request for the spring meet  along with the other information stated in our meet policy.   Thanks.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2018, 08:31:13 PM by Mike Gilbert »
Mike Gilbert

Suki

• Ameraucana Guru
« Reply #7 on: September 21, 2018, 11:11:26 AM »
No she is not but will be joining in January so she will do so at that time.Mike Spencer in the meantime will be submitting a proposal for the 2019 national.

Rebecca G Howie

• Administrator
  • College
« Reply #8 on: September 21, 2018, 06:02:50 PM »
I just talked to Amanda from Dayton Fancy Feathers and they are going to e mail me a bid to host our 2019 National at there fall show in Greenville Ohio. When I receive it I will forward it to you Beth.

Oh, oh, oh, I just might be able to make it to Dayton, if only to hang out with you guys!!

Beth Curran

• Lifetime Member
  • College
« Reply #9 on: September 30, 2018, 09:03:18 AM »
This looks promising:

2019 Ameraucana Nationals Bid
Utah Fancy Poultry Association

Dear Ameraucana Alliance,

The Utah Fancy Poultry Association would like to submit our bid for your 2019 National Meet. Our fall show typically takes place the second weekend of October at the Legacy Events Center in Farmington, Utah. Show dates will be booked in March of 2019.

We will provide trophies for your Champion Large Fowl & Champion Bantam National Meet winners.

Our show is a double show. Your National Meet will be show one but your birds will be double entered and will have a chance at starred wins in show two.

We hire two judges for our double show. They have not been selected yet but, we would be glad to take recommendations.

Your National Meet will be promoted on our website, on our Facebook page, and in any of the other media we use to promote our show.

Your breed club will receive a rebate of $1 per bird entered of your breed.

Your breed club will receive a $100 bonus if 200 or more birds of your breed are entered.

Your breed will be given a prominent location in the showroom. Your breed will be on top if double stacking is necessary and your large fowl and bantams will be placed as near to each other as possible.

We will provide up two 8’ tables and 4 chairs.

You may host your own Ameraucana Egg contest and silent auction of Ameraucana birds or merchandise at your club tables.

We will provide an area for an Ameraucana Alliance Club Q&A seminar.

We offer the convenience of a one day show to allot your members a full day of travel on Sunday. Birds may be cooped in Friday night or before judging starts on Saturday.

There are many reasons that our location makes an ideal venue. Farmington is located at the base of the Wasatch mountains in beautiful Davis County, Utah. Not only are there a number of hotels, some within walking distance of the venue, but if you plan to bring a motorhome or trailer, there is a campsite on site. In the immediate vicinity of the venue, you will find shopping, dining and even Utah’s premier amusement park, Lagoon, which becomes home to a number of haunted houses and shows during the month of October. If you want to explore Utah, the Great Salt Lake is a short drive away. Take some time to visit the salt flats or Antelope Island, the Great Salt Lake’s largest Island, where bison roam. A short drive will take you to Salt Lake City which is brimming with art, museums, theatre, concerts, and sports venues. Head into the mountains to visit Park City, home of the Sundance Film Festival, or to one of the world class ski resorts that hosted the 2002 Olympics. In addition to the poultry show, everyone is sure to find something right up their alley.

If you have any questions, we’d be happy to answer them.

Sincerely,

Michelle Muldowney-Stevens

The Utah Fancy Poultry Association
Beth Curran

The Malcolms

• Associate
« Reply #10 on: September 30, 2018, 10:56:47 AM »
Utah does look good.  It is 1/3 the distance for us.  Hopefully we will have repopulated our flock by then.

Russ Blair

• Administrator
  • Ameraucana Guru
« Reply #11 on: September 30, 2018, 09:38:06 PM »
24 hr drive for me  :o I may have to stay at Bob Rennolet’s a night for that one  ???
S.E. Michigan

Suki

• Ameraucana Guru
« Reply #12 on: October 02, 2018, 02:47:48 AM »
Well it's 34 hours for me or 2108 miles...but I really like SLC.  OTOH Arizona is just 15 hours so those in the Southwest should be able to make it and its 800 miles for Royce so perhaps he'll join in.  that would be good.

Mike Gilbert

• Lifetime Member
  • Ameraucana Guru
« Reply #13 on: October 02, 2018, 12:18:53 PM »
Well it's 34 hours for me or 2108 miles...but I really like SLC.  OTOH Arizona is just 15 hours so those in the Southwest should be able to make it and its 800 miles for Royce so perhaps he'll join in.  that would be good.

Royce, would you make that trip?   If so, I just might vote for that bid, as I think we would have the potential of picking up a number of new members in an area we have not been before.   I have already spoken with Rennolet, and I would be riding with him once I make the six hour trip to his place. 
Mike Gilbert

Suki

• Ameraucana Guru
« Reply #14 on: October 02, 2018, 02:19:29 PM »
I sent Royce an email on it.  Haven't heard back.  Perhaps he's still partying from his 60th birthday bash on the 28th.