Author Topic: 2019 Ameraucana Eastern National  (Read 13553 times)

Mike Gilbert

• Lifetime Member
  • Ameraucana Guru
Re: 2019 National
« Reply #15 on: October 02, 2018, 02:52:27 PM »
24 hr drive for me  :o I may have to stay at Bob Rennolet’s a night for that one  ???

Russ, maybe you and John could ride together to trade off driving?   John and I did that when we had the national meet in Montana.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2018, 05:09:26 PM by John W Blehm »
Mike Gilbert
1st John 5:11-13

Janet Tipton

• Associate
« Reply #16 on: October 03, 2018, 04:41:57 PM »
I know I am new to the organization but I would be willing to help however I can.  I live about 30-45 minutes from the venue and can attest to how well the show is run and to the many amenities available very near the venue.

Janet

Suki

• Ameraucana Guru
« Reply #17 on: October 03, 2018, 04:47:50 PM »

Hi Janet,

Great to hear.  It would be good if you would put in for the Spring Show at Farmington to be an AA Meet so we can get that out on for our next newsletter.

Thanks Suki.

John W Blehm

• Lifetime Member
  • Ameraucana Guru
« Reply #18 on: October 03, 2018, 05:11:24 PM »
Russ, maybe you and John could ride together to trade off driving?   John and I did that when we had the national meet in Montana.

John is done with the extra long drives.  We did get another member from UT join today, so that makes two.

I think the biggest question we have about the show is what the health requirements are to bring birds to the show.

Beth Curran

• Lifetime Member
  • College
« Reply #19 on: October 03, 2018, 10:30:17 PM »
They're all extra long drives for me, unless we hold it on a ship.  ;D I have no idea what next year will bring, but Utah does sound like fun. Janet, do you have any idea about the health requirements for out of state birds?
« Last Edit: October 04, 2018, 08:39:51 AM by Mike Gilbert »
Beth Curran

John W Blehm

• Lifetime Member
  • Ameraucana Guru
« Reply #20 on: October 04, 2018, 09:46:57 AM »
Quote from: On Wed, Oct 3, 2018 at 9:00 PM John W Blehm <...> wrote:
Michelle

What are your state’s health requirements for birds brought to the show?

John W Blehm
Ameraucana Alliance

Quote from: Utah Fancy Poultry Association <u...>
Hi John,

We do not have any health requirements for birds coming in that I'm aware of. We often draw exhibitors from ID, WY, MT, CO, AZ and they do not have any extra loops to jump through. Our state does not require NPIP or testing at shows. Very few of us, actually I believe I'm the only on in the club, have NPIP.

Cheers,

Michelle
« Last Edit: October 04, 2018, 09:49:39 AM by John W Blehm »

Russ Blair

• Administrator
  • Ameraucana Guru
« Reply #21 on: October 04, 2018, 10:36:26 AM »
Well I know it’s not decided but Mike if it’s in Utah perhaps you bring a shotgun to Bobs. That way after the meet we could get together for some bird hunting? I know he gave me an open invitation to come out and get some pheasant. I would just need to make sure and save a weeks vacation and make the most of it. It would mean I would be bringing just a few birds instead of the normal 20-60 though  ;D
S.E. Michigan

Janet Tipton

• Associate
« Reply #22 on: October 04, 2018, 11:18:47 AM »

Hi Janet,

Great to hear.  It would be good if you would put in for the Spring Show at Farmington to be an AA Meet so we can get that out on for our next newsletter.

Thanks Suki.

I believe Michelle has done that or working on it anyway.

Mike Gilbert

• Lifetime Member
  • Ameraucana Guru
« Reply #23 on: October 04, 2018, 11:57:51 AM »
The following quote is from the pinned post on Meet Policy above.

Quote from: http://ameraucanaalliance.org/DnLd/Meet%20Policy.pdf

"Club meets may be placed by the Director in charge of meets when a member requests a meet for a specific show in time for the meet to be publicized in the quarterly Ameraucana Newsletter prior to the show's entry deadline.   Members need to know well in advance when and where meets are placed for planning purposes.  Meets should only be placed when it can be reasonably expected that three or more exhibitors will show Ameraucanas.   The requesting member may furnish the names of at least the minimum number of expected exhibitors to the Director in charge of meets at the time he or she requests the meet in order to facilitate the Director's decision making process."

It says that members must be the ones to request meets.   Unless Michelle is a member, and I don't see her name on the latest list I have, she is not eligible to request a meet.   It must be an Alliance member.   Janet, see the info we need in our meet policy and shoot me an email with it.  I need the names of at least three potential Ameraucana exhibitors, name and location of show, date(s) and contact info for the Show Secretary.   Thanks!
« Last Edit: October 04, 2018, 12:03:42 PM by Mike Gilbert »
Mike Gilbert

Janet Tipton

• Associate
« Reply #24 on: October 04, 2018, 12:22:42 PM »

Hi Janet,

Thanks Suki.

The Utah club will set their dates for next years shows at the fall show that is happening next week.  As soon as the dates are selected I will get the request in to have it be an AA meet.

Janet Tipton

• Associate
« Reply #25 on: October 04, 2018, 12:25:13 PM »
The following quote is from the pinned post on Meet Policy above.

Quote from: http://ameraucanaalliance.org/DnLd/Meet%20Policy.pdf

"Club meets may be placed by the Director in charge of meets when a member requests a meet for a specific show in time for the meet to be publicized in the quarterly Ameraucana Newsletter prior to the show's entry deadline.   Members need to know well in advance when and where meets are placed for planning purposes.  Meets should only be placed when it can be reasonably expected that three or more exhibitors will show Ameraucanas.   The requesting member may furnish the names of at least the minimum number of expected exhibitors to the Director in charge of meets at the time he or she requests the meet in order to facilitate the Director's decision making process."

It says that members must be the ones to request meets.   Unless Michelle is a member, and I don't see her name on the latest list I have, she is not eligible to request a meet.   It must be an Alliance member.   Janet, see the info we need in our meet policy and shoot me an email with it.  I need the names of at least three potential Ameraucana exhibitors, name and location of show, date(s) and contact info for the Show Secretary.   Thanks!

Michael I will get all required info next week at the fall show and get it to you.

Mike Gilbert

• Lifetime Member
  • Ameraucana Guru
« Reply #26 on: October 04, 2018, 12:30:18 PM »
Well I know it’s not decided but Mike if it’s in Utah perhaps you bring a shotgun to Bobs. That way after the meet we could get together for some bird hunting? I know he gave me an open invitation to come out and get some pheasant. I would just need to make sure and save a weeks vacation and make the most of it. It would mean I would be bringing just a few birds instead of the normal 20-60 though  ;D

Sounds like a plan!    Out of state Pheasant Hunting license has been $125 in S.D. the last few years, don't know if that has changed or not.  Russ, you should plan to drive to my place first, stay overnight, and then we could take one vehicle to Bobs, stay a night there, and then load everything onto his big trailer.   It would work if we don't enter too many for my 5 1/2 foot pickup bed, as it has a topper.  We can stack cages inside. 
« Last Edit: October 05, 2018, 12:28:22 PM by Mike Gilbert »
Mike Gilbert

Beth Curran

• Lifetime Member
  • College
« Reply #27 on: October 05, 2018, 10:09:22 AM »
Man, wish South Dakota was on my route! ;D
Beth Curran

Suki

• Ameraucana Guru
« Reply #28 on: October 05, 2018, 02:10:38 PM »
But Beth, you're assuming that Utah gets picked.  There are others in the running.

Russ Blair

• Administrator
  • Ameraucana Guru
« Reply #29 on: October 05, 2018, 10:43:32 PM »
Talked to Amanda from DFFC today at there Greenville show. She will put together there bid after this weekend show concludes. I think we need to also look at the venues layout. Portage was a very well ran show, but I did not like the three barn set up. I think for a National meet we should try and find venues that have one area, like fowl fest and Greenville. Janet how is the venue set up at the Utah show? Is it all in one building or spread out in different buildings? I just feel we have better interaction with our club table if it's closer to our Ameraucana entries. Just something I have been thinking of lately that I haven't ever heard of being discussed.
S.E. Michigan