Author Topic: 2019 Ameraucana Eastern National  (Read 13552 times)

Beth Curran

• Lifetime Member
  • College
Re: 2019 National
« Reply #30 on: October 06, 2018, 01:08:14 AM »
But Beth, you're assuming that Utah gets picked.  There are others in the running.

None that take me anywhere near South Dakota!😂

There is also a bid I'm waiting on from a club in FL.
Beth Curran

Suki

• Ameraucana Guru
« Reply #31 on: October 07, 2018, 03:56:44 PM »
Florida when the rainy season is over, is very nice.  Where in the North?  or Central near Orlando?

John W Blehm

• Lifetime Member
  • Ameraucana Guru
« Reply #32 on: October 09, 2018, 06:42:49 PM »
...I think we need to also look at the venues layout. Portage was a very well ran show, but I did not like the three barn set up. I think for a National meet we should try and find venues that have one area, like fowl fest and Greenville. Janet how is the venue set up at the Utah show? Is it all in one building or spread out in different buildings? I just feel we have better interaction with our club table if it's closer to our Ameraucana entries. Just something I have been thinking of lately that I haven't ever heard of being discussed.

The Portage people were great, but no show is perfect and the biggest negative for me were the very narrow aisles.  The 4 or more building setup is typical of most shows held at fairgrounds and my knees were shot from all the walking on pavement...my right knee is still sore. 
Fowl Fest offers 6' wide aisles with single stacked coops, all in one large well lighted arena with restrooms thru a set of doors and consessions thru another set of doors.

From: Utah Fancy Poultry Association [mailto:utahfancypoultry@gmail.com]
Sent: Tuesday, October 9, 2018 2:58 PM
To: ...
Cc: ...
Subject: Re: 2019 Ameraucana Nationals Bid

I saw a comment on the forum asking about how the show is set up. It is all in one building.

Michelle
« Last Edit: October 09, 2018, 06:50:25 PM by John W Blehm »

Rebecca G Howie

• Administrator
  • College
« Reply #33 on: October 10, 2018, 10:32:36 PM »
Florida when the rainy season is over, is very nice.  Where in the North?  or Central near Orlando?

I think Jonathone Stone is putting that bid in and it will be Brooksville in Central Florida. 1.5 hours due east of Orlando, FL.

Yes, if Nov, Dec date it is cooling down and nice!!

Beth Curran

• Lifetime Member
  • College
« Reply #34 on: October 11, 2018, 10:21:20 AM »
Yes, the West Florida Poultry Show in Brookville. But I haven't heard back from them so you might want to give them a nudge. How far are they from where the storm hit?
Beth Curran

Rebecca G Howie

• Administrator
  • College
« Reply #35 on: October 11, 2018, 10:21:02 PM »
Yes, the West Florida Poultry Show in Brookville. But I haven't heard back from them so you might want to give them a nudge. How far are they from where the storm hit?

Jonathon said some wind, limbs fell, no real damage this time. No lives lost. The usual cleanup, causing some delay in business

Mike Gilbert

• Lifetime Member
  • Ameraucana Guru
« Reply #36 on: October 12, 2018, 09:46:04 AM »
Jonathon said some wind, limbs fell, no real damage this time. No lives lost. The usual cleanup, causing some delay in business

Rebecca, when would you say the annual hurricane season ends in Florida?   December?   March?  I really don't know. 
Mike Gilbert
1st John 5:11-13

Beth Curran

• Lifetime Member
  • College
« Reply #37 on: October 13, 2018, 11:13:15 AM »
Mike hurricane season runs from June 1st to November 30th, though it is not unheard of to have a tropical system out of season. Historically September and October have been the most active months.
Beth Curran

Janet Tipton

• Associate
« Reply #38 on: October 15, 2018, 11:43:58 AM »
Talked to Amanda from DFFC today at there Greenville show. She will put together there bid after this weekend show concludes. I think we need to also look at the venues layout. Portage was a very well ran show, but I did not like the three barn set up. I think for a National meet we should try and find venues that have one area, like fowl fest and Greenville. Janet how is the venue set up at the Utah show? Is it all in one building or spread out in different buildings? I just feel we have better interaction with our club table if it's closer to our Ameraucana entries. Just something I have been thinking of lately that I haven't ever heard of being discussed.

Russ it is just one building currently.

Suki

• Ameraucana Guru
« Reply #39 on: October 15, 2018, 01:37:38 PM »
I think the amount of buildings is a non-starter.  I don't think that's a large enough issue to make a difference in choice of venues if all the other requirements are filled.  More important is diverse locations to get more Breed & Group Awareness and whatever problems may have been in Portage being spread out, it fulfilled those two necessities.

Sue
NePA

Mike Gilbert

• Lifetime Member
  • Ameraucana Guru
« Reply #40 on: October 15, 2018, 02:38:18 PM »
I think the amount of buildings is a non-starter.  I don't think that's a large enough issue to make a difference in choice of venues if all the other requirements are filled.  More important is diverse locations to get more Breed & Group Awareness and whatever problems may have been in Portage being spread out, it fulfilled those two necessities. Sue NePA

I really didn't notice any problems at Portage.   Our club table could have been in the building where the vendors, restrooms, food and seating was, but we could not have had the silent auction of birds in there, as that is where people go to get away from the dust and the noise to talk and to eat.  Our table was in the front part of the youth building right by the open entry door, and we had lots of traffic there.    As far as multiple buildings, that is very common at county fairgrounds. 
Mike Gilbert
1st John 5:11-13

Russ Blair

• Administrator
  • Ameraucana Guru
« Reply #41 on: October 17, 2018, 12:54:11 PM »
I have received and submitted a bid from DFFC to host our 2019 National Meet at there fall show in Greenville Ohio.
S.E. Michigan

Suki

• Ameraucana Guru
« Reply #42 on: October 17, 2018, 01:02:38 PM »
Excellent news.  I think the more the merrier.

Rebecca G Howie

• Administrator
  • College
« Reply #43 on: October 17, 2018, 02:24:18 PM »
Mike hurricane season runs from June 1st to November 30th, though it is not unheard of to have a tropical system out of season. Historically September and October have been the most active months.

^^^  What Beth said  ^^^

Russ Blair

• Administrator
  • Ameraucana Guru
« Reply #44 on: October 29, 2018, 10:53:44 AM »
So have we received any more bids to host our 2019 National Meet? Or is Utah, Fowl Fest and Dayton Fancy Feathers Club the only three?
S.E. Michigan