Author Topic: 2019 Ameraucana Eastern National  (Read 13554 times)

Mike Gilbert

• Lifetime Member
  • Ameraucana Guru
Re: 2019 National
« Reply #45 on: October 29, 2018, 01:21:06 PM »
There has been plenty of time to secure bids.   Let's get on with the vote and get it done.   Beth?   John?
Mike Gilbert
1st John 5:11-13

Beth Curran

• Lifetime Member
  • College
« Reply #46 on: November 03, 2018, 11:44:03 AM »
I gave West Florida until November 1st and did not receive a bid from them, so I just sent out an email for everyone to vote.
Beth Curran

John W Blehm

• Lifetime Member
  • Ameraucana Guru
« Reply #47 on: November 13, 2018, 11:10:17 AM »
I have received and submitted a bid from DFFC to host our 2019 National Meet at there fall show in Greenville Ohio.

The votes are in and Dayton Fancy Feather Club will host our 2019 Ameraucana National Meet.

Date: October 15, 2018 at 9:41:41 AM EDT
To: "\"Russell Blair\"" <...>
Subject: Ameraucana Alliance National Meet Bid
The DFFC would love to place a bid for the Ameraucana Alliance National Meet Bid.  The club would give your club $100.00 that we give to your club and that you can use towards what every awards you would like and you can pick your judge.  We are working on judges for next year currently.  We also already offer awards for BB and RB for both Bantam and Large Fowl.  We would give you table space for free and allow you to have your raffle items/silent auction.  If you need more than one table that is ok as well and if you need a place for a meeting we can arrange for one of the buildings at the fairgrounds.  We have a great big building with wide aisle.  We are close to Dayton International Airport and work with area hotel to get the best rate we can for anybody showing.  Any thing else that missed please let me know.

John W Blehm

• Lifetime Member
  • Ameraucana Guru
Re: 2019 Ameraucana Eastern National
« Reply #48 on: April 16, 2019, 07:58:25 PM »
Thanks to Russ Blair and Stan Alder for volunteering to organize our Ameraucana Eastern National.  I'm appointing Russ to head up a committee, including Stan and myself, to be in charge of our meet. 

Quote from: As per Article 1 of our by-laws
Committees, headed by a Board member, may be appointed by the President and he/she shall assign duties to officers and members that volunteer.

Russ Blair

• Administrator
  • Ameraucana Guru
« Reply #49 on: April 17, 2019, 09:47:14 AM »
Jeff Vance and Myself are going to scout around the Greenville area while attending the Alliance meet at the Spring show. Hopefully we will have a few ideas for somewhere to gather (eat) and I was thinking of looking into Hotels etc. Stay tuned for further information as we try to bring stability despite my chaotic shoot from the hip method of operation lol.
S.E. Michigan

Russ Blair

• Administrator
  • Ameraucana Guru
« Reply #50 on: April 18, 2019, 04:58:31 PM »
John how many rooms do you usually get blocked at the hotel for Ameraucana Nationals? I guess the real question probably is how many plan on attending? Just Incase I talk to hotel in Greenville when we are down there.
S.E. Michigan

John W Blehm

• Lifetime Member
  • Ameraucana Guru
« Reply #51 on: April 18, 2019, 07:12:54 PM »
John how many rooms do you usually get blocked at the hotel for Ameraucana Nationals? I guess the real question probably is how many plan on attending? Just Incase I talk to hotel in Greenville when we are down there.

Generally a show club has a "host" hotel where they may have a block of rooms, but moreover a discounted price for exhibitors that stay there.

John W Blehm

• Lifetime Member
  • Ameraucana Guru
« Reply #52 on: April 20, 2019, 09:37:52 AM »
Our Alliance sponsored awards and "specials" offered by our members are listed in the attached PDF file.
Please email me if you would like to offer any specials also.  Members are responsible for awarding the specials/awards they offer. 

Russ Blair

• Administrator
  • Ameraucana Guru
« Reply #53 on: May 18, 2019, 11:33:03 PM »
Just received a reply from Amanda with the names of the judges they hired for their fall show, which is hosting our Ameraucana Eastern National.

Hey Russ,

I was just thinking I need to contact you to let you know who the judges are.  They are Mike sayre, Matt Lhamon, Brian Gates, Anthony Ashley, Tim Bowles, and Mike Becker.  Please let me know anything else that you need.   Jr judges are Mark Lange and Michael Wells. 
Amanda

So now our board can move forward in selecting our judges  ;D
« Last Edit: May 19, 2019, 10:28:49 AM by John W Blehm »
S.E. Michigan

John W Blehm

• Lifetime Member
  • Ameraucana Guru
« Reply #54 on: May 24, 2019, 11:17:23 AM »
Brian Gates will judge large fowl and Mike Becker will judge bantams at our Ameraucana Eastern National.   :)
« Last Edit: July 11, 2019, 10:42:01 AM by John W Blehm »

Russ Blair

• Administrator
  • Ameraucana Guru
« Reply #55 on: May 24, 2019, 02:36:09 PM »
Just wanted to let everyone that is attending this epic event to know that although my numbers are lower than they should be. I believe I got enough on the ground, at the right time, to allow me to bring my A game. So Michael Gilbert and Jeff Vance be prepared, I am coming back for both belts this fall. Max Strawn you better have some dandy large fowl blues, I have a few here that have the potential to take your crown  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D. I will let Lisa, Alexandria, John, Bob and Jim fight over the large fowl Black title. Sherry, Kraig and Stan you guys are off the radar as well since I do not raise large fowl Whites..........Yet  :o. If I forgot to mention you, well congratulations in advance, because you will probably be the one to knock my socks off lol
S.E. Michigan

Stan Alder

• Associate
« Reply #56 on: May 27, 2019, 11:00:52 AM »
Hehehe...I'm got some nice blue surprises flying in under the radar....lolol...

Max Strawn

• Lifetime Member
  • Associate
« Reply #57 on: May 29, 2019, 01:05:25 PM »
I've had a pretty good hatching season this year. Lots of LF blues to choose from. The bantam brown reds hatched well also, and the bantam whites... and the bantam wheaten/blue wheaten... and the LF blacks... Looks like I may get to use that new enclosed trailer/chicken hauler I won... :o :o :)

Russ Blair

• Administrator
  • Ameraucana Guru
« Reply #58 on: June 01, 2019, 09:47:39 AM »
Ugh I forgot about the trailer :-[
S.E. Michigan

Mike Gilbert

• Lifetime Member
  • Ameraucana Guru
« Reply #59 on: June 20, 2019, 03:12:50 PM »
Maybe this has been covered, but if so I missed it.   Where is everybody staying for the Eastern National in Ohio?   It would be nice if many of us could use the same motel. 
Mike Gilbert
1st John 5:11-13