Author Topic: APA/ABA Yearbook ads  (Read 3843 times)

Mike Gilbert

• Lifetime Member
  • Ameraucana Guru
APA/ABA Yearbook ads
« on: April 06, 2015, 11:49:23 AM »
I believe May 1st is the deadline for submitting ads for this year's edition of the American Poultry Association yearbook.    We can do an Ameraucana Alliance club ad for only $108, and I believe these ads are well worthwhile in advertising value.   Each Club page consists of a heading for the A.A. and six individual ads that cost $18 each.   Each member can purchase one or more of those $18 spots.   The ads are indexed as to advertiser, breed, and variety, so if someone is looking for some variety in particular, he or she can easily find the ad(s).    If you are interested, please send your $18 check or money order ($18 times the number of spaces you want, if more than one) to John Blehm,  made out to Ameraucana Alliance.   Please take care of this right away if you care to participate so we know where we stand with regard to the ad before the deadline.   John said he will take one, and I will take one, so that only leaves four more, unless we get enough to do more than one club page.   First come, first served.   Thanks!
Mike Gilbert
1st John 5:11-13

John W Blehm

• Lifetime Member
  • Ameraucana Guru
Re: APA/ABA Yearbook ads
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2015, 08:17:39 PM »
Beth just paid for an ad using PayPal and kicked in a couple extra $ to cover fees.  That makes 3 ads out of 6 taken.  If we have 12 ads we'll do a second page.  Each ad space is 1 7/8" inches high by 2 1/4" wide.  That is a small space and you may get more than one ad space horizontally or vertically.

Email ad info to me.  Any logo or clipart should be 300dpi or higher.
pay@AmeraucanaAlliance.org

Mike Gilbert

• Lifetime Member
  • Ameraucana Guru
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2015, 10:06:31 AM »
We have an opportunity to promote our club and the breed with a full-page ad in the 2015 ABA Yearbook.   Each page contains six individual ads at a cost of $20 each.    Three are already taken, so only three remain - unless we get enough members to do two pages.   If you are interested in participating, post a message here and then send a check to John Blehm for $20 made out to Ameraucana Alliance.   Send him the wording for your ad and I'm sure he'll do a nice job of arranging it.   So far John, Michael, and myself have committed to ads, but we need three more in order to do the ad.   May 1st is the ABA deadline, so please take care of this right away to give John some time to get the total ad page submitted on time.    If you do an ad, you will receive a yearbook even if you are not an ABA member.   
Mike Gilbert
1st John 5:11-13

James A Fegan

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2015, 10:23:18 AM »
I will take an add in the ABA yearbook.  Jim

John W Blehm

• Lifetime Member
  • Ameraucana Guru
« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2015, 04:28:19 PM »
I'm working on the ads for both the APA and ABA Yearbooks.  We'll will only do one page in each, since it is getting close to the deadline.  There is room for one or two more ads in each.  Let me know ASAP if you are interested and I will need the information you want in your ad along with payment.
Here is the ABA page...updated 4/23/15...still one space available.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2015, 07:42:09 PM by John W Blehm »

Russ Blair

• Administrator
  • Ameraucana Guru
« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2015, 06:06:54 PM »
Hey John I just sent you a payment by pay pal for an add. If you just put Breeder and Exhibitor of LF Silver &Blues, also Bantam Silver, Blues and Lavender and my e-mail or something I am happy 😄
S.E. Michigan

John W Blehm

• Lifetime Member
  • Ameraucana Guru
« Reply #6 on: April 20, 2015, 06:17:21 PM »
OK...I think we have one ad for each available, but Jim and I said we would take a double ad if needed to fill a page.
APA = Beth, Mike, Jim, Russ & John
ABA = Beth, Mike, Jim, Michael (?) & John

Gina Neta

• Associate
« Reply #7 on: April 20, 2015, 08:31:40 PM »
Hey John - I will take an add in the APA.  I can PayPal you the amount.  I will email you the specifics for the add.  Nothing fancy, or even that specific.  But I'm happy to participate!  Gina

John W Blehm

• Lifetime Member
  • Ameraucana Guru
« Reply #8 on: April 20, 2015, 09:05:46 PM »
The APA page is filled.  :D
But there is still room in the ABA page for $20/ad space.  If there are no more takers by this weekend some of us that already are buying ads will take out bigger ads to fill the page.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2015, 07:44:28 PM by John W Blehm »

Suki

• Ameraucana Guru
« Reply #9 on: April 22, 2015, 01:47:20 PM »
I will paypal for a Bantam spot.  I don't have bantams but based on what John posted most don't either.