Author Topic: Important 2018 National Meet Announcement  (Read 1120 times)

Russ Blair

• Administrator
  • Ameraucana Guru
Important 2018 National Meet Announcement
« on: August 28, 2018, 09:33:38 AM »
Hello everyone, it is with a heavy heart I have to announce the 2018 Ameraucana National Champion, Ch Bantam of show, Ch AOCCL, BB, BV Black Bantam Cock I have has lost a main sickle feather yesterday. I hope this is not the beginning of his molt, but the luck I have it probably is. So this means it is now anyone’s game since my 2015 Repeats misfortune. So be sure to get your entries filled out and mailed in if you want an opportunity for bragging rights. This concludes my very important message so feel free to carry on with your daily activities, after a brief moment of silence for my little Repeat of course   ;)
S.E. Michigan

Mike Gilbert

• Lifetime Member
  • Ameraucana Guru
Re: Important 2018 National Meet Announcement
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2018, 10:32:46 AM »
Feed that little guy raw hamburger and watch those feathers grow back!   Actually, he didn't have a chance anyway since you will be getting some actual competition this year, but you never know what could happen!    ;)
Mike Gilbert
1st John 5:11-13

Russ Blair

• Administrator
  • Ameraucana Guru
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2018, 10:54:43 AM »
Ok after further examination this past weekend I may have a possible contender. The next two and a half weeks may just be enough for the “little black Cockerel that could”. He is a serious under dog but I am going to do my best. I set up the tread mill and have “eye of the tiger” playing around the clock. Tomorrow I will set up the speed bag and also a few frozen pig half’s. Not to mention introducing jump rope to his work out routine, Mike Gilbert I have posters of Chantecler hanging up all over. So let’s hope they are in a different row, not sure how he will react if they are too close. Perhaps the keipper coops may not be strong enough to contain him in his fit of rage  ???  You all have been warned, now may your trip to the show be safe and the fellowshipping be grand  8)
S.E. Michigan

Mike Gilbert

• Lifetime Member
  • Ameraucana Guru
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2018, 11:46:41 AM »
Ok after further examination this past weekend I may have a possible contender. The next two and a half weeks may just be enough for the “little black Cockerel that could”. He is a serious under dog but I am going to do my best. I set up the tread mill and have “eye of the tiger” playing around the clock. Tomorrow I will set up the speed bag and also a few frozen pig half’s. Not to mention introducing jump rope to his work out routine, Mike Gilbert I have posters of Chantecler hanging up all over. So let’s hope they are in a different row, not sure how he will react if they are too close. Perhaps the keipper coops may not be strong enough to contain him in his fit of rage  ???  You all have been warned, now may your trip to the show be safe and the fellowshipping be grand  8)

;D ;D ;D :P
Mike Gilbert
1st John 5:11-13

John W Blehm

• Lifetime Member
  • Ameraucana Guru
« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2018, 12:59:39 PM »
This topic brought back a memory from when my younger brother and I were kids.  My dad some bantams (banties back then) that roamed the backyard and this one cockerel thought he was really hot stuff.  My brother named him "Cocky"...just a memory that was triggered somehow.   ;D

John W Blehm

• Lifetime Member
  • Ameraucana Guru
« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2018, 01:47:13 PM »
Feed that little guy raw hamburger and watch those feathers grow back!...

I add some Calf-Manna® to the regular feed of the birds I'll taking to our National Meet starting about a month before the show.  It is a 25% protien pellet with all kinds of ingedients to help grow feathers with a sheen.  This year I bought a 25 pound bag and it is just about gone, so I saved the last of it for the cockerels that need it the most to grow tails.  The extra protien before a show should also help get the birds thru the stress of travel and the time being at the show.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2018, 01:49:23 PM by John W Blehm »

Suki

• Ameraucana Guru
« Reply #6 on: September 14, 2018, 10:26:20 AM »
Hi Folks

Won't be there.  I'll probably meet up with everyone in November at Birch Run.  They are having a Silver Laced Wyandotte Special at that time so I can kill two birds with one stone.

Sue