Author Topic: 2018 National Meet Special Award  (Read 1231 times)

Mike Gilbert

• Lifetime Member
  • Ameraucana Guru
2018 National Meet Special Award
« on: September 14, 2018, 04:58:38 PM »
Mary picked up that plaque from the trophy shop today.  I was pretty happy with the way it turned out.  We had purchased the wooden part some 15 - 20 years ago with the intention of using it for an award some day when the time was appropriate.   Not knowing if I would be around another ten years for the 50th anniversary (I would be nearly 85 then  ;)) , I decided it would be now or never.   The entire thing is about 12" by 12", has a 3" by 6" shelf, and has a couple of pegs below the shelf for hanging keys or whatever.  It is constructed of 100% solid 5/8 inch blonde oak.   We hope whoever ends up with it will proudly display it in his/her/their home.  The best blue, silver, wheaten, blue wheaten, or brown red bantam will win it.   Clicking on the photos will enlarge them so you can read the inscription.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2018, 11:34:56 AM by Mike Gilbert »
Mike Gilbert
1st John 5:11-13

Rebecca G Howie

• Administrator
  • College
Re: 2018 National Meet Special Award
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2018, 02:03:52 PM »
A very nice and unique award, someone will be proud to display it to comemorate their 40th Anniversary win at the Nationals!

Russ Blair

• Administrator
  • Ameraucana Guru
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2018, 11:54:10 AM »
Looks great Mike, I was wondering though is it to late to have “awarded to Russ Blair”? I might have a Blue Wheaten that’s going to keep everyone honest lol
S.E. Michigan

Mike Gilbert

• Lifetime Member
  • Ameraucana Guru
« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2018, 12:27:59 PM »
Looks great Mike, I was wondering though is it to late to have “awarded to Russ Blair”? I might have a Blue Wheaten that’s going to keep everyone honest lol

Russ, there might be enough space right on the bottom for that if you use smaller letters.   Otherwise, it would not be a big deal just to have the plate re-done.   Then you could do the exact date, your name, the judge, what kind of bird won, etc.    I usually just tape that info on the back of plaques though, as it is hard to remember after time passes by.   

BTW, I may have a couple of white and a couple of blue wheaten pullets that could give you a run this year.  I didn't enter any Chanteclers so you would have a chance at best AOCCL!     ;) ;D

For you newer members here, all this trash talking is just in fun.   If you can't have a little fun along the way, why bother?   ::)
« Last Edit: September 17, 2018, 12:35:51 PM by Mike Gilbert »
Mike Gilbert

Max Strawn

• Lifetime Member
  • Associate
« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2018, 02:47:57 PM »
Now just hold your horses there Russ... I might have a ringer!!   :P ;D

Mike Gilbert

• Lifetime Member
  • Ameraucana Guru
« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2018, 06:31:12 PM »
Now just hold your horses there Russ... I might have a ringer!!   :P ;D

Hope you do Max.   But somehow I keep thinking it will be a newcomer to our national meet who has never won anything before.  And we will all go skulking home with our tails between our legs!    :o
Mike Gilbert

Russ Blair

• Administrator
  • Ameraucana Guru
« Reply #6 on: September 18, 2018, 10:28:28 AM »
Mike you’re probably right, I will be thankful if I can at least place one RV lol. I do have one Blue Wheaten Bantam pullet though at POL so I have 1 the right age at least lol.
S.E. Michigan

Max Strawn

• Lifetime Member
  • Associate
« Reply #7 on: September 18, 2018, 01:08:42 PM »
I'd be OK with that Mike. That newcomer would probably be hooked for life!  ;)