Author Topic: Club logo  (Read 4764 times)

John W Blehm

• Lifetime Member
  • Ameraucana Guru
Club logo
« on: April 11, 2015, 03:29:27 PM »
Rusty bowed out on submitting drawings for a club logo, so we are looking for ideas and input.  I have a couple simple ideas using Rusty’s old cockerel drawing for a black and white logo and the ABA portrait for a color one that could be used where color is used.  These are 4” diameters…I think that is the most popular size for patches. 

James A Fegan

• Lifetime Member
Re: Club logo
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2015, 08:59:02 PM »
John, I think they are good representations of the breed.  Jim

Russ Blair

• Administrator
  • Ameraucana Guru
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2015, 09:12:02 PM »
I agree they have my vote
S.E. Michigan

Tailfeathers

• College
  • Breeder & Exhibitor of WBS Ameraucanas since 2008
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2015, 04:38:07 AM »
I like the color one but, of course, I'm prejudiced.    :P
God Bless,

R. E. Van Blaricome
Seek Ye first the Kingdom of God, and all His Righteousness
- then these things shall be added unto you (Matt. 6:33)

Schroeder

• Associate
    • Schroeder Poultry
« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2015, 09:14:48 AM »
Here is an idea to consider if we wanted to go with a more contemporary look.  If we went with the rectangular shape we would stand out more against the others. It might not be practical for embroidery, however, I don't know.  Food for thought.

Beth Curran

• Lifetime Member
  • College
« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2015, 06:40:24 PM »
I like the color one, but we could use the black & white, too, for things where a simpler design would work better. I like Duane's idea about a square logo. The current thing in the youth group is to have a bunch of club patches on your show jacket, and most of them seem to be round, so it would help us to stand out.
Beth Curran

John W Blehm

• Lifetime Member
  • Ameraucana Guru
« Reply #6 on: April 13, 2015, 09:34:19 PM »
I like the color one, but we could use the black & white, too, for things where a simpler design would work better.
Yes, I would want to use both.  Color is nice when printing color, but the black and white line drawing will work better for some applications.  I'll include them in the Spring Newsletter for all to see.

Janie Vogt

« Reply #7 on: April 28, 2015, 01:36:11 PM »
I like them all.  I wish I had one for the meet in Missoula this weekend. :-)

Janie

John W Blehm

• Lifetime Member
  • Ameraucana Guru
« Reply #8 on: April 28, 2015, 01:58:55 PM »
I hope to get busy on making some items available with the logo now, like sew-on patches, name badges, award ribbons, etc.

Update 4/30/15...here is the Egg Color Reference Chart that should be printed fairly soon.  Note the colors are purposely altered to deter anyone from printing the sample.  This is the same "reference" chart we've used for years, but with club's new name, logo and website in the center.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2015, 04:13:37 PM by John W Blehm »

Russ Blair

• Administrator
  • Ameraucana Guru
« Reply #9 on: April 30, 2015, 05:02:32 PM »
Hey John what are the egg charts going to cost? And can we pay for them now if we order a name badge then when you get them you could ship them all together? For instance I would like a name badge and 2 egg charts, I would pay now and you just ship them all when you receive them. Or would you prefer to wait until you have them in hand?
S.E. Michigan

John W Blehm

• Lifetime Member
  • Ameraucana Guru
« Reply #10 on: April 30, 2015, 06:43:59 PM »
Hey John what are the egg charts going to cost? And can we pay for them now if we order a name badge then when you get them you could ship them all together? For instance I would like a name badge and 2 egg charts, I would pay now and you just ship them all when you receive them. Or would you prefer to wait until you have them in hand?

I'll have the badges sent directly to the members from the print shop that makes them.  That saves on gas for me to pick them up or double mailing them (to me and then to you).
The egg charts will be 2 for $3 and mailed by me once I receive them from the UK.  Prices include postage.
So, you can PayPal $13 to get both a badge and 2 charts.  Also, I will email the badge layout to you before having it made so you can proof it, but if you want "Russell" rather than "Russ" or some other name please let me know.

Russ Blair

• Administrator
  • Ameraucana Guru
« Reply #11 on: April 30, 2015, 07:59:09 PM »
How about Awesome Russ  8) just kidding cool I will let you know and make the payment in the next day or so thanks John
S.E. Michigan

Lee G

• Associate
« Reply #12 on: May 03, 2015, 10:27:15 AM »
Both logos look great!  :)

John, I'd be interested in a badge and the egg colour charts when available. I will email you.
~ The duty of the breeder today and tomorrow is to create rather than imitate or simply perpetuate -- Horace Dryden