Author Topic: Story Time  (Read 558 times)

Mike Gilbert

• Lifetime Member
  • Ameraucana Guru
Story Time
« on: December 03, 2018, 09:37:17 AM »
If you are not on the official A.P.A. website, here is a great example of what you might be missing.   I just copied and pasted - with permission.

Howard Davenport

KIDS SAY THE DARNDEST THINGS

I had the opportunity Saturday to judge the Y.E.P.A. State Showmanship Competition at the Klein Poultry Extravaganza. The competition was stiff, and 2 of the Senior contestants battled with 3 rounds of tie breaker questions before a winner was selected.

Anyway, on with the story. In the 5, 6, 7 year old group, there was this handsome little man that came up to the table with a cute little OEG Bantam hen. His mother was standing a distance behind him watching with pride. One of the questions I ask this group is to name the parts of the chicken (basic anatomy.)

So, the little boy picked his hen up and started describing the bird, beginning at the beak. He would hesitate a little and think between the answers, but was making progress. He named the beak, wattles, eyes, ears, and even named the primary feathers.

He gets to the tail. He lifts the tail up and says, "This is her Butt, and I'm looking for bugs." I grinned and asked, "What do we call a chicken's Butt?" He slowly turned his head around to see if his mother was watching, then leaned over the table and whispered "Ass, but my momma don't let me say that word."....LOL!!!      Gotta love the Kiddos!

(For any of our newer members who may be wondering what the correct answer is:   it's called the vent)
Mike Gilbert
1st John 5:11-13

Russ Blair

• Administrator
  • Ameraucana Guru
Re: Story Time
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2018, 07:48:23 AM »
Geez I have been wrong this whole time lol
S.E. Michigan