Author Topic: Coops for male breeders  (Read 1226 times)

John W Blehm

• Lifetime Member
  • Ameraucana Guru
Coops for male breeders
« on: December 09, 2018, 05:04:51 PM »
As I cut back on the number birds I have and breed from, I have a couple indoor coop units for sale that I used to house LF male breeders during the breeding season.  One is a 4 hole unit on casters and opens from the top.  The other is a 6 hole unit that opens from the front.  I'm asking $100 for each or best offer for both.

Cesar Villegas

• Associate
Re: Coops for male breeders
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2018, 03:48:52 PM »
ive thought about making individual pens like that at my place. But I would have to set up an automatic watering system. Even 1-2 bantams can go though a gallon of water a day during the southern Arizona summer.

John how often do you fill up during the summer for individual pens?

John W Blehm

• Lifetime Member
  • Ameraucana Guru
Re: Coops for male breeders
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2018, 05:35:55 PM »
ive thought about making individual pens like that at my place. But I would have to set up an automatic watering system. Even 1-2 bantams can go though a gallon of water a day during the southern Arizona summer.

John how often do you fill up during the summer for individual pens?

The individual coops are generally only used during the breeding season (December - April) and about a month before the couple fall shows (September - October) that I attend to allow them time to get into decent condition.  Water cups are filled once a day.
The rest of the year birds are in coops with outside pens/runs where I keep the feed in the coops and water out in the pens.