Author Topic: American Bantam Associaton?  (Read 1524 times)

Mike Gilbert

• Lifetime Member
  • Ameraucana Guru
American Bantam Associaton?
« on: February 03, 2019, 11:57:23 AM »
If the viewer raises bantams and is still not a member of the American Bantam Association, this might pique your interest.   Disclaimer: I am a very satisfied life member.   When you have a "Starred Win", which is topping a class of 100 or more in competition at a show with an ABA Meet, the organization sends you a very nice rosette, a hat/lapel pin, and a "bantam buck" good for $1 off any ABA merchandise.    When you accumulate 20 starred wins you get a special award and recognition as a "Master Exhibitor."    The ABA Yearbook is second to none, in color, well indexed, and contains much information and many articles and ads.   Bantam breeders should consider joining in my opinion.   Here is a link to the ABA website:   https://www.bantamclub.com/ .    This is what I recently received in the mail (except the pin is from 2 years ago, as I have elected to not receive any more).   
Mike Gilbert
1st John 5:11-13

Rebecca G Howie

• Administrator
  • College
Re: American Bantam Associaton?
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2019, 08:29:24 PM »
I also joined the American Bantam Association a couple of years ago. I really like their version of the SOP, though it only covers the bantams.  I also ordered the leg bands for 2017 and 2018 and will be placing an order for 2019 soon.

I, too,  encourage bantam breeders to join the ABA.

Russ Blair

• Administrator
  • Ameraucana Guru
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2019, 10:17:03 PM »
I agree as well, it's a top notch association. This is my first year using the leg bands on my bantams and looking forward to it. Hopefully one day I will hit the 20 star wins, if this breeding season comes together it might just happen in October at our National Meet  ;D
S.E. Michigan

Mike Gilbert

• Lifetime Member
  • Ameraucana Guru
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2019, 12:42:35 PM »
The ABA website has an alphabetical listing of starred wins under the Awards Program link.   While there, it was discovered the only Ameraucana variety I have not had at least one starred win with is Silver.  I don't know why that had never come to mind before.  I got back into silver bantams last fall thanks to Russ and John, so now I guess I'll have work on that deficiency.   Or at least give it a try.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2019, 02:00:27 PM by Mike Gilbert »
Mike Gilbert

Russ Blair

• Administrator
  • Ameraucana Guru
« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2019, 02:45:19 PM »
Mike it looks like I got lucky at our National Meet as well. Just received this today for my Champion Display of Black Bantam’s at Portage. I didn’t know they gave starred wins for displays. Must of been over 100 displays entered?
S.E. Michigan

Russ Blair

• Administrator
  • Ameraucana Guru
« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2019, 03:00:16 PM »
Oh by the way I just noticed you are only lacking 1 more starred win for your master exhibitor awesome. Hopefully this will be the year for you.
S.E. Michigan

Mike Gilbert

• Lifetime Member
  • Ameraucana Guru
« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2019, 03:22:04 PM »
Mike it looks like I got lucky at our National Meet as well. Just received this today for my Champion Display of Black Bantam’s at Portage. I didn’t know they gave starred wins for displays. Must of been over 100 displays entered?
I tried to research the ABA Bylaws with regard to display awards, but didn't come up with anything.   It is hard to believe there would have been 100 or more displays at a single show - but who knows?    Anyway, congratulations on your award!
« Last Edit: February 07, 2019, 04:56:55 PM by Mike Gilbert »
Mike Gilbert

Russ Blair

• Administrator
  • Ameraucana Guru
« Reply #7 on: February 07, 2019, 04:09:23 PM »
It states Best Display with 100 in class? I even looked at my star wins and it says for Display. I was surprised because I didn’t know you could get a starred win on a Display? ??? Perhaps there were just over 100 birds in the Display class??
S.E. Michigan

Mike Gilbert

• Lifetime Member
  • Ameraucana Guru
« Reply #8 on: February 07, 2019, 05:03:44 PM »
It states Best Display with 100 in class? I even looked at my star wins and it says for Display. I was surprised because I didn’t know you could get a starred win on a Display? ??? Perhaps there were just over 100 birds in the Display class??

Russ, I think that has to be it.   They must count all the birds in all the displays.    So if there were ten displays with ten birds each, the top display would qualify.   At least that's the way I'm reading it.   Strange this subject never came up before.   But then, apparently a display of Ameraucana bantams never won this before.   Way to go!
Mike Gilbert

Russ Blair

• Administrator
  • Ameraucana Guru
« Reply #9 on: February 09, 2019, 06:40:02 PM »
I wonder if Jim happened to get a star win with his LF black display? I believe he took Res ch display of show, ch LF display?
S.E. Michigan

Mike Gilbert

• Lifetime Member
  • Ameraucana Guru
« Reply #10 on: February 10, 2019, 03:07:05 PM »
I wonder if Jim happened to get a star win with his LF black display? I believe he took Res ch display of show, ch LF display?

Well, certainly not from the American Bantam Association, as they don't do large fowl.
Mike Gilbert