Author Topic: Exhibitor Points proposed change  (Read 1270 times)

John W Blehm

• Lifetime Member
  • Ameraucana Guru
Exhibitor Points proposed change
« on: February 18, 2019, 06:44:42 PM »
We currently have an "un-categorized" column in our points data sheet.  It has points that Alliance members brought with them that were earned while we were still the ABC, if they "transferred" their membership during 2015.  We don't know what varieties those points were earned for.  With our current exhibitor points policy points are earned with wins in variety and breed classes, so they are categorized under those headings on our data sheet (someone started it that way).  But, none of that is taken into consideration when someone earns enough total points to achieve some "Master Exhibitor" level...only total points mean anything. 
Instead of continuing with all the different columns and extra work for our club director in charge of this, I would like to just go with the totals and build on them.
Before I take this proposal to the board for their comments and a vote I would like to have members comment here, if they are interested and see any reasons for not simplifying this procedure.

Tailfeathers

• College
  • Breeder & Exhibitor of WBS Ameraucanas since 2008
Re: Exhibitor Points proposed change
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2019, 10:55:33 PM »
I'm opposed to the change.  I like being able to see how many W & BW are being shown.  Perhaps others have a variety of their own & do so as well.
God Bless,

R. E. Van Blaricome
Seek Ye first the Kingdom of God, and all His Righteousness
- then these things shall be added unto you (Matt. 6:33)

John W Blehm

• Lifetime Member
  • Ameraucana Guru
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2019, 10:47:22 AM »
I'm opposed to the change.  I like being able to see how many W & BW are being shown.  Perhaps others have a variety of their own & do so as well.

The numbers shown at our sanctioned meets are detailed in the meet reports published in our Newsletters.  That is where, Stan, our points calculator guy obtains the numbers.  The data on our points page doesn't include all the birds of a variety in the shows, where we have meets, since nonmembers may have birds entered and members, like me, have opted out of the points program. 

Tailfeathers

• College
  • Breeder & Exhibitor of WBS Ameraucanas since 2008
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2019, 05:09:52 PM »
i understand that but it does show us, as it currently is, who is showing what & how each variety is doing.  If I understand your proposal that would all be done away with.  As for the newsletters showing show results, I can only say that your memory must be a lot better than mine because I can't even remember what was in the last newsletter.  Let alone ones before that.  And, even if I could, it would take a lot of work to try and figure out how the various varieties are doing in the shows, who's showing them, and how much.  Whereas one glimpse at the tally now can give one at least a pretty good idea.
God Bless,

R. E. Van Blaricome
Seek Ye first the Kingdom of God, and all His Righteousness
- then these things shall be added unto you (Matt. 6:33)

Michelle Muldowney-Stevens

• Associate
« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2019, 07:46:32 PM »
I know I’m new but I agree with Tailfeathers. My daughter used those numbers a lot a few years ago to determine who to contact for stock. We still like to look at them to see who has what varieties and how they are doing with that variety. Of course, we’ve learned since then that it’s a bit skewed since not everyone shows or has shows close enough to attend but it’s interesting to look at.

Russ Blair

• Administrator
  • Ameraucana Guru
« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2019, 12:39:43 PM »
I also like the varieties categorized. Mainly just to see who’s who of the varieties lol. Not that it’s factual but I like seeing what varieties people are excelling at. It may also help someone determine who to contact as Michelle mentioned.
S.E. Michigan

Temple DaSilva

« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2019, 09:09:58 PM »

Before I take this proposal to the board for their comments and a vote I would like to have members comment here, if they are interested and see any reasons for not simplifying this procedure.

I could go either way but I just like that you asked for member input.  :-)

-Temple DaSilva
Connecticut

Lisa Helms

« Reply #7 on: March 12, 2019, 10:14:11 AM »
I am good either way also.  :)

Mike Gilbert

• Lifetime Member
  • Ameraucana Guru
« Reply #8 on: March 12, 2019, 01:33:49 PM »
I'm not a big fan of any point system, but as long as we have one let's do it right and show the categories.   I'm with Royce and Russ on this issue. 
« Last Edit: March 12, 2019, 06:15:05 PM by Mike Gilbert »
Mike Gilbert
1st John 5:11-13