Author Topic: Certificates for Shows  (Read 1297 times)

Michelle Muldowney-Stevens

• Associate
Certificates for Shows
« on: February 28, 2019, 04:41:04 PM »
Does the club have a certificate that can be printed and given to members at shows?

John W Blehm

• Lifetime Member
  • Ameraucana Guru
Re: Certificates for Shows
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2019, 04:45:36 PM »
No.  What would it certify?

Russ Blair

• Administrator
  • Ameraucana Guru
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2019, 07:40:40 PM »
There is a information flyer that you can also print with a membership form on the back. On our home page under downloads
« Last Edit: February 28, 2019, 07:43:06 PM by Russ Blair »
S.E. Michigan

Mike Gilbert

• Lifetime Member
  • Ameraucana Guru
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2019, 08:32:05 AM »
No.  What would it certify?

I'm pretty sure the question is about an award certificate.   We used those at one of our national meets way back in the 1990's, and I even provided black plastic frames, but I don't think they were that well received, so never did it again.   I think our small rosettes are more appreciated by most. 
Mike Gilbert
1st John 5:11-13

• Associate
« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2019, 12:37:24 PM »
Yes, awards certificates. Just something that I can print out for BB and RB. Not to take the place of rosettes but just something that I can present to those at our local meet. Or can rosettes be obtained ahead of time to hand out at shows?

• Associate
« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2019, 12:39:08 PM »
Something similar to this which I made for our local club.

• Associate
« Reply #6 on: March 01, 2019, 12:40:26 PM »
I can easily make one for the AA, if the club will allow me to hand out something like this at my local shows, but wanted to see if there was already one that was club approved.

John W Blehm

• Lifetime Member
  • Ameraucana Guru
« Reply #7 on: March 01, 2019, 02:05:59 PM »
As a dues paying Alliance member you have the right to use our logo and could design, print and distribute certificates.  I would suggest, since they are something you do as an individual, that they don't say presented by the Alliance...maybe just omit such wording.  As per our Meet Policy some winning Alliance members at our sanctioned meets receive a letter and ribbon in the mail.  Your certificates could go to any winner...Alliance member or not...since you would make your own rules.  I always try to keep our Mission Statement in mind when questions like this are asked and even if it is not an Alliance certificate it is not in conflict with our Alliance, since it is "focused on the promotion of standard bred Ameraucana chickens and positive support for those interested in standard bred Ameraucana chickens".

If you want a high resolution jpeg or gif of our Alliance logo for printing just email me to request them.

Samantha Voges

« Reply #8 on: March 02, 2019, 09:06:23 AM »
I think this is a great idea! It could be some great advertisement for the AA! Maybe include something along the lines of if your not already a member feel free to check out the site online and in Facebook and consider becoming a member for the additional membership benefits. It has me thinking about printing some of the brochures to hand out at any of the shows I go to! I’m more than happy to help promote this amazing club!

• Associate
« Reply #9 on: March 05, 2019, 04:17:57 PM »
What do you all think of this? Anything you'd like changed? Of course the show info would be customizable.

• Associate
« Reply #10 on: March 05, 2019, 05:06:33 PM »
If you don't like it and have suggestions, please let me know. My feelings will not be hurt.

Mike Gilbert

• Lifetime Member
  • Ameraucana Guru
« Reply #11 on: March 05, 2019, 07:52:58 PM »
Unless you intend to have these made up ahead of time, I would include the winners name and identify the winning bird.   Example:   Joe Blow, Black Bantam Cockerel.    On the back of my rosettes I like to write in the number of birds in the class, the event, date. and the judge.
Mike Gilbert

• Associate
« Reply #12 on: March 05, 2019, 08:46:38 PM »
I'm going to print them out ahead of time and give them to the winners at the show. It saves me on postage. I plan to write in the variety, age, and exhibitor's name on the black line.

Mike Gilbert

• Lifetime Member
  • Ameraucana Guru
« Reply #13 on: March 05, 2019, 09:16:57 PM »
Sounds good to me. 
Mike Gilbert