Author Topic: Oddities  (Read 15719 times)

Mike Gilbert

• Lifetime Member
  • Ameraucana Guru
Re: Oddities
« Reply #15 on: March 09, 2017, 09:39:32 AM »
I didn't take photos, but years ago, in the dead of winter, I had couple of albino chicks hatch.   Their eyes were almost a glowing red.   Apparently they could not see to eat or drink, because they both died within a few days after hatching.
Mike Gilbert
1st John 5:11-13

Steve Neumann

• Associate
« Reply #16 on: March 13, 2017, 11:17:01 PM »
Three years ago I hatched a four legged, four winged chick with no vent.  Almost certain it came from a double yolker.

Mike Gilbert

• Lifetime Member
  • Ameraucana Guru
« Reply #17 on: March 14, 2017, 08:21:25 AM »
These examples illustrate how mutations, the only possible means of progressive evolution, are nearly always not beneficial, but detrimental instead.   While micro-evolution can explain things like feathered legs, crests, different comb types, different plumage coloration, etc., it could never explain how life began or how a single celled organism could develop into a bird or animal, much less a human being, because major mutations are nearly always fatal.   After all these changes within the species, we still have chickens, not something else. 
Nor can it explain how one "kind" evolves into another "kind," e.g., a reptile turning into a bird or a rabbit turning into a dog.  While we have many extinct species, there are no intermediate forms in the fossil record - according the head curator of the largest fossil collection in the world at the British Museum of Natural History.   The latter is called macro-evolution, the fairy tale for adults (in my opinion) that started with Darwin and has led to countless negative socio-economic consequences.    Hitler, for example, was highly influenced by Darwinian theory and so was Margaret Sanger.  Having studied this issue for about the last 30-40 years I came to the conclusion that it takes much more faith to believe in macro-evolution than it does to believe in intelligent design by a creator, the supreme being we call God.   And I just don't have enough faith to be an atheist. 
« Last Edit: March 14, 2017, 09:50:08 AM by Mike Gilbert »
Mike Gilbert

Beth Curran

• Lifetime Member
  • College
« Reply #18 on: March 14, 2017, 02:11:37 PM »
Mike, that reminds me of my 4th grade science teacher, who taught adaptation as opposed to evolution. He made it clear he believed in creation, but acknowledged that there have been changes over time: it's unlikely Adam stood 6'2" and the animals we know today probably bear little resemblance to the animals of his time, but a fish is still a fish and a human is still a human. I always thought that was a pretty reasonable explanation.
Beth Curran

Mike Gilbert

• Lifetime Member
  • Ameraucana Guru
« Reply #19 on: March 14, 2017, 02:21:50 PM »
Mike, that reminds me of my 4th grade science teacher, who taught adaptation as opposed to evolution. He made it clear he believed in creation, but acknowledged that there have been changes over time: it's unlikely Adam stood 6'2" and the animals we know today probably bear little resemblance to the animals of his time, but a fish is still a fish and a human is still a human. I always thought that was a pretty reasonable explanation.

Since Adam and Eve were created before all the mutations occurred, they were probably bigger, stronger, smarter, and a lot more healthy than we are today.  And they sure lived and reproduced a whole lot longer.   It is one of the laws of thermodynamics that the earth and what is in it is running down.  I guess you could call that reverse evolution, or devolution.    In case anyone is interested in the science behind this, I will just refer them to the many articles and information available at the website of:   www.answersingenesis.org .    At their home page, click on the Answers link and choose the particular subject that interests you most.   
« Last Edit: March 15, 2017, 09:11:18 AM by Mike Gilbert »
Mike Gilbert

Caprice Dowsland

« Reply #20 on: November 15, 2018, 04:46:17 PM »
OMG that egg looks like a giant sperm but love it's blue color!
The wierdest I got was my crooked toe paint sizzle (said to be a genetic defect or non-balanced heat and humidity in incubator) and my silkies that have that one short,underdeveloped toes. I only hatched two clutches of my ameraucana just to make sure my incubator was working (otherwise I wouldn't breed them, especially now since I prefer the little guys) and none of them that hatched(only three) had any oddities. I only get the wierdo's in my silkie and sizzles. but I don't judge the wierdos, as long as they can eat, drink, sleep, breathe, and run and mostly "live" I'm fine just write them down as NO BREEDING.

Mike Gilbert

• Lifetime Member
  • Ameraucana Guru
« Reply #21 on: January 31, 2022, 06:35:10 PM »
I had a membrane covered egg earlier this month from a large fowl brown red.   But it was a clear membrane, or transluscent is probably a better description.   But I've never seen a green covering over a blue egg before.   That is odd.
Mike Gilbert