Author Topic: 2019 Ameraucana Western National  (Read 7191 times)

John W Blehm

• Lifetime Member
  • Ameraucana Guru
2019 Ameraucana Western National
« on: March 15, 2019, 04:11:52 PM »
The board of directors voted and this updated Ameraucana Meet Policy proposal, dated 3/12/2019, passed.  I'm quite sure the board members would place a 2nd Ameraucana National Meet for this fall/winter, understanding this passed too late to be able to follow the deadlines in our policy...an exception can be made, since this is no longer outlined in our constitution/bylaws.
Any member may solicit bids/offers from poultry show clubs wishing to host an Ameraucana National Meet and submit them to the President.  Please submit them by March 31st.  At least two members, that plan to attend the show, must agree to organize our National Meet there before a bid is considered.  The President shall share the list of bids with the Board members for discussion.  The President will then ask for the Board to vote on the show club bids in early April (the dates mentioned are subject to board approval)  ;)
Since the national meet we've already placed will be in Ohio, it would be nice to see bids from shows far from the Buckeye state.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2019, 10:36:23 PM by John W Blehm »

John W Blehm

• Lifetime Member
  • Ameraucana Guru
Re: 2nd 2019 Ameraucana National Meet?
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2019, 09:54:51 AM »
Here is our 1st bid.  Would you come?  Would you exhibit Ameraucanas?

From: Utah Fancy Poultry Association [mailto:utahfancypoultry@gmail.com]
Sent: Saturday, March 16, 2019 2:03 AM
To: John@fowlstuff.com; Mike Gilbert
Subject: 2019 National Bid

March 15, 2019

Dear Ameraucana Alliance,

The Utah Fancy Poultry Association would like to submit our bid for your 2nd 2019 National Meet. Our fall show is scheduled for October 11th and 12th, 2019 at the Legacy Events Center in Farmington, Utah. Coop in will be the evening of the 10th and morning of the 11th. Coop out will be afternoon of the 12th.

•   We will provide trophies for your Champion Large Fowl & Champion Bantam National Meet winners.
•   Our show is a double show. Your National Meet will be show one but your birds will be double entered and will have a chance at starred wins in show two.
•   We hire two judges for our double show. Art Reiber will be one of our judges. The second is pending.
•   Your National Meet will be promoted on our website, on our Facebook page, and in any of the other media we use to promote our show.
•   Your breed club will receive a rebate of $1 per bird entered of your breed.
•   Your breed club will receive a $100 bonus if 200 or more birds of your breed are entered.
•   Your breed will be given a prominent location in the showroom. Your breed will be on top if double stacking is necessary and your large fowl and bantams will be placed as near to each other as possible.
•   We will provide up two 8’ tables and 4 chairs for your club.
•   You may host your own Ameraucana Egg contest and silent auction of Ameraucana birds or merchandise at your club tables.
•   We will provide an area for an Ameraucana Alliance Club Q&A seminar.

There are many reasons that our location makes an ideal venue. Farmington is located at the base of the Wasatch mountains in beautiful Davis County, Utah. Not only are there a number of hotels, some within walking distance of the venue, but if you plan to bring a motorhome or trailer, there is a camping on site. In the immediate vicinity of the venue, you will find shopping, dining and even Utah’s premier amusement park, Lagoon, which becomes home to a number of haunted houses and shows during the month of October. If you want to explore Utah, the Great Salt Lake is a short drive away. Take some time to visit the salt flats or Antelope Island, the Great Salt Lake’s largest Island, where bison roam. A short drive will take you to Salt Lake City which is brimming with art, museums, theatre, concerts, and sports venues. Head into the mountains to visit Park City, home of the Sundance Film Festival, or to one of the world class ski resorts that hosted the 2002 Olympics. In addition to the poultry show, everyone is sure to find something right up their alley.

Information on the facility can be found at https://www.daviscountyutah.gov/legacyeventscenter/facilities. Our show typically takes place in building 2.

If you have any questions, we’d be happy to answer them.

Sincerely,

Michelle Muldowney-Stevens
Utah Fancy Poultry Association

SLC International Airport to Legacy Events Center: 22 miles/ 24 mins
Central SLC to Legacy Events Center: 17 miles / 24 mins

Mike Gilbert

• Lifetime Member
  • Ameraucana Guru
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2019, 12:15:02 PM »
We would have considered it, but the Gilberts and Rennolets expect to be at the Michigan FowlFest that weekend for the Chantecler National.    This is my last year as secretary-treasurer of CFI, so we'll see what the future holds.     http://chantecler.club
Mike Gilbert
1st John 5:11-13

• Associate
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2019, 01:32:47 PM »
Janet Tipton, Athena Balderas (my 16 yo daughter), and I are the Utah members agree to organize if our meet is selected.

Janet Tipton

• Associate
« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2019, 11:42:11 AM »
My daughter and grand kids plan to become members of the Alliance and show their birds at this show.

• Associate
« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2019, 03:36:29 PM »
Utah was just asked to host an ABA district meet this fall if that helps our bid. :) Now I really need to find some black (or open to other variety) bantams!

John W Blehm

• Lifetime Member
  • Ameraucana Guru
« Reply #6 on: March 21, 2019, 12:49:01 PM »
I haven't heard from any other members about wanting to submit a bid.  The board has not made a decision on how long to accept bids and the March 31st date is just one that seemed good to me. 
There have been times in the past when show clubs wouldn't come up with offers until they had time to meet and come up with one.  My personal opinion has been that if they don't have a standing bid to submit they aren't very organized and I would hesitate to place a national meet at their show.
Please give me a heads up, if any member out there is looking into having any other shows concidered and optaining a bid.

Russ Blair

• Administrator
  • Ameraucana Guru
« Reply #7 on: March 23, 2019, 07:53:22 PM »
I thought we would have several members chiming in by now. The idea is something I feel is a wonderful way of getting more members the opportunity to experience one of our National Meets. Hopefully it gets traction and becomes a regular event
S.E. Michigan

Lisa Helms

« Reply #8 on: March 23, 2019, 07:57:35 PM »
This is way too far for me.   I WILL Be in Ohio

Mike Gilbert

• Lifetime Member
  • Ameraucana Guru
« Reply #9 on: March 23, 2019, 08:55:08 PM »
 I did not think it would be fair for me to request a bid, since we had the national in Wisconsin last year.   Best to spread it around. 
Mike Gilbert
1st John 5:11-13

• Associate
« Reply #10 on: April 03, 2019, 02:50:19 PM »
Were there any additional bids entered?

John W Blehm

• Lifetime Member
  • Ameraucana Guru
« Reply #11 on: April 03, 2019, 04:42:45 PM »
Were there any additional bids entered?

No.  I have one other matter I want to get the board to consider and then I'll get moving on this.

John W Blehm

• Lifetime Member
  • Ameraucana Guru
« Reply #12 on: April 07, 2019, 10:25:04 PM »
The board has voted and it is a Yes!  :D
More details as time permits...

John W Blehm

• Lifetime Member
  • Ameraucana Guru
« Reply #13 on: April 08, 2019, 09:39:14 AM »
What about names to distinguish our two 2019 national meet from each other?
Some board members prefer Ameraucana Eastern National and Ameraucana Western National.  I feel, even though they contain "National", they sound too regional.  These are to be true National meets, with regional separation.
I suggested Ameraucana Ohio National and Ameraucana Utal National, but since "Ohio National" is also a show name some think it would be confusing even though the first word is "Ameraucana".
Using state nicknames to indentify their venues may be an alternative, like Ameraucana Buckeye National and Ameraucana Beehive National or still use Utah for this one.
Brainstorm it and lets hear your ideas and comments soon...I want to get moving on this, so we can move to the promoting end of it.

• Associate
« Reply #14 on: April 08, 2019, 11:33:24 AM »
Yay! Here's hoping some of you with lots of experience can make it out here so that Janet, Athena and I can learn lots from you! We're so excited! I like the nicknames but will buckeye be confusing since there's a buckeye breed, too?