Author Topic: 2019 Ameraucana Western National  (Read 7192 times)

Michelle Muldowney-Stevens

• Associate
Re: 2nd 2019 Ameraucana National Meet?
« Reply #15 on: April 08, 2019, 11:52:41 AM »
Our judges have been secured. Art Reiber will be judge one show and Dave Anderson will be judging the other.

John W Blehm

• Lifetime Member
  • Ameraucana Guru
« Reply #16 on: April 08, 2019, 12:16:27 PM »
Yay! Here's hoping some of you with lots of experience can make it out here so that Janet, Athena and I can learn lots from you! We're so excited! I like the nicknames but will buckeye be confusing since there's a buckeye breed, too?

That didn't cross my mind when I threw it out there.  An Ohio native used to work for us and I remember he a had a whole spiel about Buckeyes being worthless nuts.  ;)

John W Blehm

• Lifetime Member
  • Ameraucana Guru
« Reply #17 on: April 11, 2019, 12:51:35 PM »
What about names to distinguish our two 2019 national meet from each other?
Some board members prefer Ameraucana Eastern National and Ameraucana Western National.  I feel, even though they contain "National", they sound too regional.  These are to be true National meets, with regional separation.
I suggested Ameraucana Ohio National and Ameraucana Utal National, but since "Ohio National" is also a show name some think it would be confusing even though the first word is "Ameraucana".
Using state nicknames to indentify their venues may be an alternative, like Ameraucana Buckeye National and Ameraucana Beehive National or still use Utah for this one.
Brainstorm it and lets hear your ideas and comments soon...I want to get moving on this, so we can move to the promoting end of it.

Any other ideas for names for these meets, before I make proposals for the board to vote on?

Suki

• Ameraucana Guru
« Reply #18 on: April 13, 2019, 12:46:06 PM »
I would say simply East and West.

John W Blehm

• Lifetime Member
  • Ameraucana Guru
« Reply #19 on: April 13, 2019, 09:16:27 PM »
The board approved the titles of “Ameraucana Eastern National” and “Ameraucana Western National” for our two 2019 national meets.  Please use these titles/names when promoting them.

Suki

• Ameraucana Guru
« Reply #20 on: April 13, 2019, 09:30:16 PM »
  This is my last year as secretary-treasurer of CFI, so we'll see what the future holds.     http://chantecler.club
Wow.  Last year us now them.  I am surprised.  You've done a bang up job with that breed though -- from practically zero to an established club.  I cannot imagine them without you.

Suki
--started with Chanteclers.

Mike Gilbert

• Lifetime Member
  • Ameraucana Guru
« Reply #21 on: April 13, 2019, 09:59:19 PM »
  This is my last year as secretary-treasurer of CFI, so we'll see what the future holds.     http://chantecler.club
Wow.  Last year us now them.  I am surprised.  You've done a bang up job with that breed though -- from practically zero to an established club.  I cannot imagine them without you.
Suki
--started with Chanteclers.

Thank you Sue.   
Mike Gilbert
1st John 5:11-13

John W Blehm

• Lifetime Member
  • Ameraucana Guru
Re: 2019 Ameraucana Western National
« Reply #22 on: April 14, 2019, 10:38:45 PM »
Just in case you missed it, our Ameraucana Western National is a Friday/Saturday (Oct 11-12) show with early coop-in on Thursday.

John W Blehm

• Lifetime Member
  • Ameraucana Guru
« Reply #23 on: April 16, 2019, 06:44:10 PM »
Thanks to Janet Tipton and Michelle Muldowney-Stevens for volunteering to organize our Ameraucana Western National.  I'm appointing them and myself as a committee of 3 in charge of our meet.  I won't be there in person, but I'll help guide via email.

Quote from: As per Article 1 of our by-laws
Committees, headed by a Board member, may be appointed by the President and he/she shall assign duties to officers and members that volunteer.

• Associate
« Reply #24 on: April 19, 2019, 02:12:38 PM »
Janet and I would love to start getting an idea on who will be able to attend. That way we can start planning on how many members to expect.  We can start looking at local hotels for a discount or, if preferred, there is also camping on site. October is a really fun time of year in Utah and there is so much to do in the local area!

Mike Gilbert

• Lifetime Member
  • Ameraucana Guru
« Reply #25 on: April 19, 2019, 03:55:54 PM »
As stated before, the Rennolets and Gilberts will be at Fowlfest in Michigan that weekend for the CFI National Meet.   Sorry we can't make it.
Mike Gilbert
1st John 5:11-13

John W Blehm

• Lifetime Member
  • Ameraucana Guru
« Reply #26 on: April 20, 2019, 09:36:35 AM »
Our Alliance sponsored awards and "specials" offered by our members are listed in the attached PDF file.
Please email me if you would like to offer any specials also.  Members are responsible for awarding the specials/awards they offer. 

• Associate
« Reply #27 on: May 19, 2019, 04:05:25 PM »
I was just talking with Russ about hosting a silent auction. At another national I attended, a few people shipped in birds to enter and then auctioned them in the silent auction. Janet and I are both up for accepting birds if there are members interested in doing this. I'm going to start another topic on it but wanted to post in this thread, too.

John W Blehm

• Lifetime Member
  • Ameraucana Guru
« Reply #28 on: May 24, 2019, 11:15:17 AM »
Dave Anderson will judge our Ameraucana Western National.  :)

• Associate
« Reply #29 on: June 09, 2019, 01:25:01 PM »
Would you all mind giving me feedback on this? Anything I left out?
« Last Edit: June 09, 2019, 01:36:04 PM by Michelle Muldowney-Stevens »