Author Topic: Michigan Poultry Fanciers Fowl Fest October 12 & 13  (Read 1475 times)

Russ Blair

• Administrator
  • Ameraucana Guru
Michigan Poultry Fanciers Fowl Fest October 12 & 13
« on: April 01, 2019, 01:19:37 PM »
Hi everyone just wanted to post we have a confirmed meet at this venue. They are having a double show this year and I have placed a meet at each one. So if you have never been to the Fowl Fest in Birch Run Mi make plans to attend. It is a great venue and well ran show. I hope to see a lot of you there.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2019, 01:45:21 PM by John W Blehm »
S.E. Michigan

Mike Gilbert

• Lifetime Member
  • Ameraucana Guru
Re: MPF Fall Fowl Fest October 12 & 13
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2019, 01:23:31 PM »
The first show will be the 2019 USA national meet for Chantecler Fanciers International.   We also have a national meet in Canada each year.   This year we will have at least a couple of Canadian CFI members participating in the Michigan event.   I can deliver bantam Ameraucana and Chanteclers to the Fowlfest if they are pre-ordered. 
Mike Gilbert
1st John 5:11-13

John W Blehm

• Lifetime Member
  • Ameraucana Guru
Re: Michigan Poultry Fanciers Fowl Fest October 12 & 13
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2019, 01:47:32 PM »
This is the only other show on my schedule this year, besides our Ameraucana Eastern National.
FYI...MPF has a new logo and it is attached below.  Special thanks to Diane Jacky for use of her poultry portraits within the logo.  Her artwork is available thru her Zazzle and Cafepress stores. 

« Last Edit: May 17, 2019, 01:52:56 PM by John W Blehm »

John W Blehm

• Lifetime Member
  • Ameraucana Guru
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2019, 12:36:54 PM »
Quote from: Fowl Fest 2019 Entry Form
Entry Deadline:  All show entries, complete with payment, must be received by the show secretary by September 27, 2019.

The Fowl Fest show catalog, including the entry form, is available on their FowlFest.org site.

Dustin Bonner

« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2019, 01:41:54 PM »
Are there many people going to this show? I’ve never shown birds, but I was interested in going this year. Possibly just to meet Alliance members and see what showing birds was all about.

John W Blehm

• Lifetime Member
  • Ameraucana Guru
« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2019, 05:09:51 PM »
Are there many people going to this show? I’ve never shown birds, but I was interested in going this year. Possibly just to meet Alliance members and see what showing birds was all about.

It is just a club meet here this year for us and not that many Ameraucana birds are entered for various reasons.  A couple regulars aren't showing due to health/personal reasons and a few long time Ameraucana breeders will be here, but mainly bringing Chanteclers for that club's National Meet.  So, it would still be a good idea to come by Saturday and visit.

Quote from: Matt Boench said...
1062 entries total
Ameraucana - 3 junior entries, 16 open.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2019, 05:11:31 PM by John W Blehm »

Dustin Bonner

« Reply #6 on: October 08, 2019, 12:40:04 PM »
 Not really sure how shows work... what time should I be there Saturday? I have a kid with a soccer game from 11-12, but I’m not too far from birch run. I could stop in before or after. Or both really.

John W Blehm

• Lifetime Member
  • Ameraucana Guru
« Reply #7 on: October 08, 2019, 02:00:44 PM »
Not really sure how shows work... what time should I be there Saturday? I have a kid with a soccer game from 11-12, but I’m not too far from birch run. I could stop in before or after. Or both really.

What ever time(s) work for you should be fine.  Call my cell phone when you get there if you don't see me.

John W Blehm

• Lifetime Member
  • Ameraucana Guru
« Reply #8 on: October 13, 2019, 12:10:12 PM »
The number of Ameraucanas shown at this year's Fowl Fest was down, but it was another great show and Alliance club meet.  Some Alliance members were here especially for the Chantecler National Meet and didn't show any or many Ameraucanas.  We still had time to meet, greet and talk!  :D