Author Topic: Breeder rations  (Read 4370 times)

John W Blehm

• Lifetime Member
  • Ameraucana Guru
Re: Breeder rations
« Reply #15 on: December 02, 2020, 12:33:04 PM »
I was looking for a Vitamin K supplement to give to my breeding cockerels & cocks stock and came across Interfarma that sells them as Gallo-K.
They also offer Gallomin ("Enriched vitamins, minerals and amino acids for chickens & roosters") that includes riboflavin, Vitamin D and others that they suggest be given to "Breeding hens: Feed 1 tablet every 3-5 days".
I'm going to try both to go along with a regular low protein/high energy layer ration. 
Has anyone here used these products before? 
« Last Edit: March 25, 2022, 09:35:54 AM by John W Blehm »

Mike Gilbert

• Lifetime Member
  • Ameraucana Guru
« Reply #16 on: January 15, 2021, 01:14:46 PM »
Nope, I don't do pills to individual chickens - too much time and bother for me.   But here is the feed analysis from the All Flock pellet I'm using.  It runs about $13 to a little under $15 per 50# bag, depending upon whether or not it is on sale - which is quite often.   I have been getting reasonable production, good fertility, and pretty good hatchability.   You may have to enlarge the attached photo to be able to read it.   Is it missing anything?
Mike Gilbert
1st John 5:11-13

Michael Muenks

• Administrator
  • Associate
« Reply #17 on: January 15, 2021, 03:10:57 PM »
I like that it has both grain and animal by products (meal). The animal based meal my be just a little bit, but at least it is in there.