Author Topic: Power failure 😩😩  (Read 7131 times)

Tailfeathers

• College
  • Breeder & Exhibitor of WBS Ameraucanas since 2008
Re: Power failure 😩😩
« Reply #15 on: April 25, 2015, 09:34:07 PM »
Amen, Russ!
God Bless,

R. E. Van Blaricome
Seek Ye first the Kingdom of God, and all His Righteousness
- then these things shall be added unto you (Matt. 6:33)

Russ Blair

• Administrator
  • Ameraucana Guru
« Reply #16 on: April 26, 2015, 12:14:48 PM »
Well ended up with 33 out of 49 not the greatest hatch rate but all circumstances aside I am very happy 😃

http://s1083.photobucket.com/user/Russell_Blair/media/Mobile%20Uploads/image1_zpsd9ac7572.jpg.html?sort=3&o=0
S.E. Michigan

Mike Gilbert

• Lifetime Member
  • Ameraucana Guru
« Reply #17 on: April 26, 2015, 03:09:23 PM »
Russ, don't feel bad.   I have not been doing much better here with no power failures.   Going to try a different breeder ration next year.   The large fowl hatch like popcorn pops, but the bantams seem to have a hard time hatching and sometimes die in the shell before pipping.    BTW, is that just one blue bantam I see at the top right of the photo?
Mike Gilbert
1st John 5:11-13

Russ Blair

• Administrator
  • Ameraucana Guru
« Reply #18 on: April 26, 2015, 04:48:32 PM »
Not sure Mike it might be a Lavender? I had 1 Lav 1 Blue 1 Splash 3 Lav splits and 6 silver Bantams this go round. Next Hatch should be a lot better for the Blue Bantams. Figured out a Splash cockerel I kept was in fertile and another Black Cock I used last year had really low fertility rate. So now I am down to two Blue cockerels I am using one from the line I originally started with then one I purchased from Jerry De Smidt (I know I just spelled that wrong) last year at nationals. Should still end up with a few really nice ones to bring to Nationals 😃😃😃😃 oh just checked lol definitely is the Blue Bantam you saw 😃
« Last Edit: April 26, 2015, 05:16:42 PM by Russ Blair »
S.E. Michigan