Author Topic: Old APA Standards  (Read 810 times)

Mike Gilbert

• Lifetime Member
  • Ameraucana Guru
Old APA Standards
« on: April 24, 2019, 09:59:57 PM »
Mary and I had dinner with Dave and Bonnie Horman tonight.   Some may remember that Dave was one of the guys who helped achieve Ameraucana recognition at the 1983 Ohio National.   In fact, Dave had the top Ameraucana bantam at that qualifying meet on a white hen.   Dave contracted a lung disease a number of years ago and had to move into the city to stay away from the dust of poultry and pigeons.   But he has always been a collector.   Tonight he gifted me two APA Standards of Perfection, one from 1983 and the other from 1915.  Both are in good condition.  He and Bonnie are now moving to an apartment (they are both around 80 years old) and have to dispose of a lot of their goods to make room.   If anyone is interested in either or both of these old Standards, make a bid here and the best offer will be accepted with the funds going into the Alliance treasury.   One caveat; I really don't want to ship them.   They will be available at the upcoming CRPC Alliance Meet in Galesville, Wisconsin on June 1st, the Wisconsin International on the last weekend of September, Michigan Fowlfest, or the Alliance Eastern National in Greenville, Ohio.  I may not be at all these shows, but I can get the books there.  Best bid will be accepted, and the bids can be done right here on this thread.  $15 minimum for each Standard. 
Mike Gilbert
1st John 5:11-13

Russ Blair

• Administrator
  • Ameraucana Guru
Re: Old APA Standards
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2019, 06:50:03 PM »
Geez I just noticed this, I will kick it off at $25 for each one (($50) total
S.E. Michigan