Author Topic: Wanted: large fowl hen(s)  (Read 1059 times)

John W Blehm

• Lifetime Member
  • Ameraucana Guru
Wanted: large fowl hen(s)
« on: May 08, 2019, 10:04:10 AM »
A lady in Harrison, Michigan is looking for hens to go with her recently acquired Ameraucana cock.  Please emaiil me if you can help her out.

Might you have 2 or 3 hens you would part with. I am contacting you because all of my poultry people believe you have best birds. I am new to Ameraucana breed after becoming the adopted owner of a rooster who was roaming the main though fair in our town of Harrison, MI Culls would be fine as I would just like some colored eggs instead of white all the time. I am NPIP 34-646 in Michigan and will take excellent care of them. I am also 66 years old and a recent widow. Chickens are my joy. If you could help, please email me.
Linda Saylor

Russ Blair

• Administrator
  • Ameraucana Guru
Re: Wanted: large fowl hen(s)
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2019, 07:18:54 PM »
John is there a certain variety she is looking for?? Or just any
S.E. Michigan

John W Blehm

• Lifetime Member
  • Ameraucana Guru
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2019, 08:13:32 PM »
John is there a certain variety she is looking for?? Or just any

I think just any.  Here is the photo of the male she emailed.  Looks like the toes froze off. 

Dustin Bonner

« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2019, 07:58:14 AM »
I’m not sure but I might be the closest to her. I was planning on trying to hatch some large fowl blacks after our July vacation. I’ve never been super successful, however if I hatch out enough I could probably just give Linda my existing two year old hens if she wants them. I have 4 I think. Or if Linda would prefer maybe I could hatch some for her. Of course all this depends on the girls giving me enough eggs, then me being able to hatch them out.