Author Topic: Antigen shortage?  (Read 679 times)

Russ Blair

• Administrator
  • Ameraucana Guru
Antigen shortage?
« on: June 04, 2019, 09:49:48 AM »
Apparently the shortage of Antigen for NPIP testing has several members worried if their birds would be allowed at our Eastern National. I have sent an E Mail to Amanda addressing these concerns. Most shows typically have testers present if needed but with the shortage I am trying to confirm if this is a possibility or if Ohio might waive this as some other states have. I know the tester I use is only has enough antigen for my flock and our county fair. She has turned down all of our neighboring fairs when they called her this year. I have heard of a Serum test but do not know anything about it. As soon as I hear something I will post it here, thanks.
S.E. Michigan

Russ Blair

• Administrator
  • Ameraucana Guru
Re: Antigen shortage?
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2019, 12:51:42 PM »
Just received a reply from Amanda, if you are in a region suffering from the Antigen shortage you will not be turned away from our Eastern National. She will allow anyone to exhibit, of course sickly or lousy birds will not be allowed as with most shows. So rest easy my Ameraucana enthusiasts the show will go on.
S.E. Michigan

Mike Gilbert

• Lifetime Member
  • Ameraucana Guru
Re: Antigen shortage?
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2019, 02:02:46 PM »
Thanks for checking into this Russ.   Wisconsin has waived the testing requirement until supplies become available.   
Mike Gilbert
1st John 5:11-13