Author Topic: 40th anniversary of ABA recognition of bantam wheaten & white Ameraucanas, 2020  (Read 2277 times)

John W Blehm

• Lifetime Member
  • Ameraucana Guru
I would definitely like to see something made available to members that are unable to attend either National.  I have both these varieties but have conflicting shows that I am attending on both weekends so will be unable to attend either one.

A couple years ago when we gave 40th anniversary commemorative rosettes to all Alliance attendees we offered the lefts overs to members to buy and I would like to do something similar in that way.  If we do the cards or whatever maybe we could have 75 or so made up and chances are we would have left overs to offer for a price that would just cover our cost and postage.

Mike Gilbert

• Lifetime Member
  • Ameraucana Guru
Sounds like a good idea moving forward.   I like the idea of awards and remembrances being something that can actually be used.   I don't know how many younger folks play cards, but they could always keep them as something to remember the 40th anniversary.   I guess I don't understand why we would not want to include some wording on the cards to commemorate the occasion, as after a few years a lot of people, especially newer members, would not remember or know why they were distributed.    Russ and Janie, what say you?
Mike Gilbert
1st John 5:11-13

Russ Blair

• Administrator
  • Ameraucana Guru
I am not getting younger so some type of wording would be great. I often struggle trying to remember what each plaque was from lol. I think it would be a nice little gift to those attending, or those looking for a keep sake.
S.E. Michigan

Suki

• Ameraucana Guru
I think they should be dated on one bird for the gift date and the flip bird should be our inaugural date.  They are meaningless otherwise anyone could make one.

Janie Vila

• Administrator
  • Associate
I think a date on them would be essential. Sorry for the delayed response.
I have been working on something special in the pottery studio as well.
I am like Russ, not getting any younger, and my memory likes to play tricks on me. So a date would be good. I also like the idea of the founding date and the 40th date.

Janie

Mike Gilbert

• Lifetime Member
  • Ameraucana Guru
I think a date on them would be essential. Sorry for the delayed response.
I have been working on something special in the pottery studio as well.
I am like Russ, not getting any younger, and my memory likes to play tricks on me. So a date would be good. I also like the idea of the founding date and the 40th date.  Janie

I agree.   Dates would make it more special as a remembrance.
Mike Gilbert
1st John 5:11-13