Author Topic: Bids to host our 2020 Ameraucana National Meet(s)?  (Read 7468 times)

Beth Curran

• Lifetime Member
  • College
Re: Bids to host our 2020 Ameraucana National Meet(s)?
« Reply #15 on: November 03, 2019, 02:12:05 PM »
If we only do one, Sedalia would be my first pick since we haven't done one there since the split. And on a personal note I have family nearby so I can combine the trip.

I've attended and thoroughly enjoyed both of the other shows and would be happy to go back to either, but if we're doing two nationals in the same region I think they need to be as far apart as possible so I would go with Fowl Fest.
Beth Curran

Alison K Abbott

« Reply #16 on: November 03, 2019, 05:00:28 PM »
My first choice is Michigan, nice bright, clean, heated building, single stack, great paved parking and accessibility, shops and restaurants close. MI and MO sounds good though MO is too far for me to go.

Gary Rossman

« Reply #17 on: November 04, 2019, 09:03:45 PM »
I showed at Lebanon this year for the first time.  I was very impressed with the show and how well run it was for a one day show.  Plus they seem to be offering more. They have separate buildings for open and junior. We all know members travel well to the national meets. If this means anything, 2020 judges are Anthony Ashley, Steve Beaty, Tim Bowles and Lewis Cunningham. I also understand the concerns of  the logistics.  My two cents.
Gary Rossman

Rebecca G Howie

• Administrator
  • College
« Reply #18 on: November 06, 2019, 08:24:52 PM »
I lean toward Lebanon (very good offer) and/or Sedalia (pretty close to me) ;D.

Mike Gilbert

• Lifetime Member
  • Ameraucana Guru
« Reply #19 on: November 06, 2019, 08:41:36 PM »
If we only do one, Sedalia would be my first pick since we haven't done one there since the split. And on a personal note I have family nearby so I can combine the trip.

I've attended and thoroughly enjoyed both of the other shows and would be happy to go back to either, but if we're doing two nationals in the same region I think they need to be as far apart as possible so I would go with Fowl Fest.

I agree with Beth.   Two shows as far apart as possible, which would be Michigan and Missouri.   Otherwise, just one show in the middle - which would be Indiana. 
Mike Gilbert
1st John 5:11-13

Sandy Bailey

« Reply #20 on: November 07, 2019, 10:44:39 PM »
Lebanon,  Michigan, Missouri, in that order. 

John W Blehm

• Lifetime Member
  • Ameraucana Guru
« Reply #21 on: November 08, 2019, 12:52:04 PM »
I've read a few posts and had emails touting the IN offer and not that the money is the top priority, but as I read the offers MI and IN are only offering the same if 100 birds are shown, which would be $200.  Less than that IN offers no rebate and MI still is paying $2 on each entry.  If we had 200 birds IN would pay $300, but MI would be at $400.

Brett S.

• Autumn Valley Acres
« Reply #22 on: November 08, 2019, 03:26:17 PM »
Agreed, Both MI & MO Nationals would be great.

I will say that if we only had one National, that Missouri would be best because of Location, Michigan and Indiana are both still on the eastern half of the country. However if we did have two, Missouri and either MI or IN would be fine. Just thinking about our western members having to drive all the way to Indiana or Michigan when we could split the difference.
1x2+1-3+100= I don't know, we just have a few birds. (Basic Chicken Math)

John W Blehm

• Lifetime Member
  • Ameraucana Guru
« Reply #23 on: November 09, 2019, 10:42:22 AM »
The votes are in we will have 2 Ameracuana National Meets in 2020.  :)

Ameraucana Midwest National at Fowl Fest, Oct. 10-11, in Birch Run, Michigan.

Ameraucana Southern National at Missouri State Poultry Association Fall Swap and Show, October 24th, in Sedalia, Missouri.

Once the meets have been officially placed I'll appoint committees to organize each.

Brett S.

• Autumn Valley Acres
« Reply #24 on: November 09, 2019, 11:12:17 AM »
The votes are in we will have 2 Ameracuana National Meets in 2020.  :)

Ameraucana Midwest National at Fowl Fest, Oct. 10-11, in Birch Run, Michigan.

Ameraucana Southern National at Missouri State Poultry Association Fall Swap and Show, October 24th, in Sedalia, Missouri.

Once the meets have been officially placed I'll appoint committees to organize each.

Awesome!!!!!!! Looking forward to it!
1x2+1-3+100= I don't know, we just have a few birds. (Basic Chicken Math)

Mike Gilbert

• Lifetime Member
  • Ameraucana Guru
« Reply #25 on: November 09, 2019, 12:20:05 PM »
 There would have been no bad decision, so congrats to the Officers and Directors for making perhaps the best choice when you take into consideration the likelihood this will allow more folks to attend a national meet.    I suspect we won't make both shows, but if we do go to just one it will likely be Missouri since we have not been there for quite a few years.  And we have relatives in southern Missouri we would probably meet up with at or after the show.   Of course at our age everything is subject to change.

Mike Gilbert

John W Blehm

• Lifetime Member
  • Ameraucana Guru
« Reply #26 on: November 09, 2019, 12:31:29 PM »
There would have been no bad decision, so congrats to the Officers and Directors for making perhaps the best choice when you take into consideration the likelihood this will allow more folks to attend a national meet.    I suspect we won't make both shows, but if we do go to just one it will likely be Missouri since we have not been there for quite a few years.  And we have relatives in southern Missouri we would probably meet up with at or after the show.   Of course at our age everything is subject to change.

If you and Mary make it to both, Kathy said we will too.

John W Blehm

• Lifetime Member
  • Ameraucana Guru
« Reply #27 on: November 11, 2019, 02:01:05 PM »
So far I've referred to these as Midwest and Southern national meets and although MO is a Southern state it is also a Midwest state as defined by the US Census Bureau.  I still prefer calling our MO meet the Ameraucana Southern Naional, but know MI shouldn't be called our Midwest national when MO could use it also.  Last year we ended up with Eastern and Western, but some folks think when we have two nationals they have to be east and west of each other and that isn't the case.  I suggest we call MI the Ameraucana Great Lakes National or even Ameraucana Northern National.  This is time to comments, input, suggestions and then the board will vote for our official titles.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2020, 06:32:03 PM by Rebecca G Howie »

John W Blehm

• Lifetime Member
  • Ameraucana Guru
« Reply #28 on: November 12, 2019, 06:14:15 PM »
Board members came up with several suggestions, but they approved these official names for our 2020 national meets...
•         MI = Ameraucana Northern National
•         MO = Ameraucana Southern National

Mike Gilbert

• Lifetime Member
  • Ameraucana Guru
« Reply #29 on: November 12, 2019, 06:17:45 PM »
Board members came up with several suggestions, but they approved these official names for our 2020 national meets...
•         MI = Ameraucana Northern National
•         MO = Ameraucana Southern National

Good choices!   Congrats to the Directors and Officers. 
Mike Gilbert