Author Topic: Bids to host our 2020 Ameraucana National Meet(s)?  (Read 7469 times)

Gary Rossman

Re: Bids to host our 2020 Ameraucana National Meet(s)?
« Reply #30 on: November 12, 2019, 09:48:53 PM »
Nuts, I'll miss them both.  I'll be judging in New Hampshire on Oct. 10th and my niece is getting married on Oct 24th.  Good luck to everyone going.

John W Blehm

• Lifetime Member
  • Ameraucana Guru
« Reply #31 on: November 13, 2019, 03:33:23 PM »
I have appointed the following committees to organize these two Ameraucana National Meets...

Ameraucana Northern National - John Blehm as committee head, with Russ Blair and Alison Abbott.

Ameraucana Southern National - Becky Howie as committee head, with Lisa Helms, Brett Shoemake and Sherry Klaus.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2019, 06:13:14 PM by John W Blehm »

John W Blehm

• Lifetime Member
  • Ameraucana Guru
« Reply #32 on: January 21, 2020, 03:37:36 PM »
Alliance member Jeff Smith has already donated (4) $25 Cackle Hatchery gift certificates for each event...a total value of $200!  We can do door prize type raffles so all members in attendance have a chance to win one, include them in the fundraising silent auctions or whatever.  8)

Russ Blair

• Administrator
  • Ameraucana Guru
« Reply #33 on: January 21, 2020, 05:32:40 PM »
Wow that is generous of him, whew who going to be a grand event
S.E. Michigan

John W Blehm

• Lifetime Member
  • Ameraucana Guru
« Reply #34 on: January 29, 2020, 08:49:26 PM »
We have already made reservations for Friday and Saturday night at the Comfort Inn in Sadalia, MO our Ameraucana Southern National.

Comfort Inn Sedalia Station
(660)829-5050

We live only 7.5 miles from the Fowl Fest, in Birch Run, MI so if Alliance members want to park a camper, trailer, RV, etc. in our backyard during our Ameraucana Northern National please email me.  We can supply electrical with your extension cord and also offer a barrier-free restroom.
I believe free RV parking is also available in the parking lot at the show.

I hope to see many of you at one or both meets!  :D

Mike Gilbert

• Lifetime Member
  • Ameraucana Guru
« Reply #35 on: January 30, 2020, 02:38:27 PM »
The Gilberts and the Rennolets also have reservations at the Comfort Inn in Sedalia for October 23rd and 24th.
Mike Gilbert
1st John 5:11-13

Rebecca G Howie

• Administrator
  • College
« Reply #36 on: January 30, 2020, 03:11:15 PM »
The Gilberts and the Rennolets also have reservations at the Comfort Inn in Sedalia for October 23rd and 24th.
We have already made reservations for Friday and Saturday night at the Comfort Inn in Sadalia, MO our Ameraucana Southern National.

Comfort Inn Sedalia Station
(660)829-5050

We live only 7.5 miles from the Fowl Fest, in Birch Run, MI so if Alliance members want to park a camper, trailer, RV, etc. in our backyard during our Ameraucana Northern National please email me.  We can supply electrical with your extension cord and also offer a barrier-free restroom.
I believe free RV parking is also available in the parking lot at the show.

I hope to see many of you at one or both meets!  :D

Awesome, Lisa, Brett, Sherry and I look forward to seeing you then!!   Becky

John W Blehm

• Lifetime Member
  • Ameraucana Guru
« Reply #37 on: February 06, 2020, 04:09:31 PM »
Our board of directors has agreed to offer the awards listed on the attachment, below, at our 2020 Ameraucana Nationals.  Over $3,500 in cash awards included!   8)

John W Blehm

• Lifetime Member
  • Ameraucana Guru
« Reply #38 on: March 04, 2020, 07:11:09 PM »
We were running low on some ribbons and bought some new ones.  Here is a photo of a "junior exhibitor" ribbon that we'll give out this fall to those in junior competition that exhibit, but don't win RV or BV at our Ameraucana National Meets.  We've done this for a few years now, so every youth exhibiting in junior competition gets something.   

Mike Gilbert

• Lifetime Member
  • Ameraucana Guru
« Reply #39 on: March 05, 2020, 07:01:55 AM »
We were running low on some ribbons and bought some new ones.  Here is a photo of a "junior exhibitor" ribbon that we'll give out this fall to those in junior competition that exhibit, but don't win RV or BV at our Ameraucana National Meets.  We've done this for a few years now, so every youth exhibiting in junior competition gets something.   

Are they black or dark green?   Could not quite make it out on my screen.
Mike Gilbert

John W Blehm

• Lifetime Member
  • Ameraucana Guru
« Reply #40 on: March 05, 2020, 11:48:31 AM »
Are they black or dark green?   Could not quite make it out on my screen.

Black with gold print.  The last ones were yellow with black print that Burt Awards made, but they don't offer ribbons anymore.  The new place I use, Action Awards, only has gold foil printing on ribbons and I felt it didn't have enough contrast on a yellow ribbon.  The BV and RV ribbons are blue and red, respectively, with gold print.
I buy 10" ribbons, so they fit in a #12 envelope without folding and only require a 1st class stamp.

John W Blehm

• Lifetime Member
  • Ameraucana Guru
« Reply #41 on: April 16, 2020, 12:29:48 PM »
Quote from: email from MI Dept of Ag
Dear Michigan Certified Pullorum Testers,

Due to the shortage of available pullorum antigen in the United States, The State Veterinarian, Dr. Nora Wineland, is removing the requirement for exhibition poultry to be pullorum tested at Michigan fairs and exhibitions for calendar year 2020.  This exemption is for the 2020  calendar year only.   Note: Out-of-state poultry still need to be pullorum tested (or be from NPIP-certified flocks, with a VS 9-3) to enter the state, and must show documentation of this at exhibition.

Attached is an MDARD policy regarding the exemption of Pullorum Testing at Fairs and Exhibitions in Michigan for 2020.

Please feel free to email any questions you may have about this policy to this email address:  MDARD-Pullorum-Testers@michigan.gov.

Thanks,

Dr. Steve Hussey
Michigan Dept. of Agriculture and Rural Development

Mike Gilbert

• Lifetime Member
  • Ameraucana Guru
« Reply #42 on: April 16, 2020, 12:52:46 PM »
Quote from: email from MI Dept of Ag
Dear Michigan Certified Pullorum Testers,

Due to the shortage of available pullorum antigen in the United States, The State Veterinarian, Dr. Nora Wineland, is removing the requirement for exhibition poultry to be pullorum tested at Michigan fairs and exhibitions for calendar year 2020.  This exemption is for the 2020  calendar year only.   Note: Out-of-state poultry still need to be pullorum tested (or be from NPIP-certified flocks, with a VS 9-3) to enter the state, and must show documentation of this at exhibition.

Attached is an MDARD policy regarding the exemption of Pullorum Testing at Fairs and Exhibitions in Michigan for 2020.

Please feel free to email any questions you may have about this policy to this email address:  MDARD-Pullorum-Testers@michigan.gov.

Thanks,

Dr. Steve Hussey
Michigan Dept. of Agriculture and Rural Development

Since there is no pullorum antigen available, and hasn't been for some time,  I don't know how Michigan can expect any out-of-state exhibitors.   My Wisconsin Tested Flock certification expires June 30th, and there is no way right now to become recertified.    Is there some angle to this I'm not seeing? 
Mike Gilbert

John W Blehm

• Lifetime Member
  • Ameraucana Guru
« Reply #43 on: June 20, 2020, 09:10:41 AM »
Here are the judges for Fowl Fest...hosting our 2020 Ameraucana Northern National.
Judges are Don Karasek, Lewis Cunningham, Paul Monteith, and Jim Sallee.
Our board of directors will vote on one or two to judge our meet soon, so please make your suggestions.

Russ Blair

• Administrator
  • Ameraucana Guru
« Reply #44 on: June 20, 2020, 04:50:51 PM »
Mike I am a firm believer in the don’t ask don’t tell policy  ;)
S.E. Michigan