Author Topic: Bids to host our 2020 Ameraucana National Meet(s)?  (Read 7467 times)

John W Blehm

• Lifetime Member
  • Ameraucana Guru
Re: Bids to host our 2020 Ameraucana National Meet(s)?
« Reply #45 on: July 06, 2020, 09:10:11 AM »
Jim Sallee will judge bantams and Paul Monteith will judge large fowl at our Ameraucana Northern National.

John W Blehm

• Lifetime Member
  • Ameraucana Guru
« Reply #46 on: July 29, 2020, 12:40:54 PM »
Missouri State Poultry Association that was to host our Ameraucana Southern National has cancelled their show for this October.
Quote from: email from Bernita Miller
We have decided to cancel the fall show 2020. Just want everyone to be safe, we are planning next show for 4-17-2021, Keep us in mind for next year.
Our board of directors will decide whether or not to find another venue to replace this one, but due to COVID19 some shows that haven't cancelled yet may still.

Michigan Poultry Fanciers is hosting our Ameraucana Northern National, but it looks as if their show will probably be cancelled also. 
Quote from: email from Matt Boensch
We are going to make a final decision on Sept 1.  Either release a catalog or not.  I am not at all hopeful.
I would like a backup plan in place and the MPF will loan us enough show cooping to put an Ameraucana only national meet at my place, if the Fowl Fest is cancelled.  I have a 30’ by 40’ shed that could be cleared out for the birds.  There is also an enclosed pavilion and barrier-free restroom in our backyard for attendees to use while here.  We are just 7.5 miles from the I-75 exit in Birch Run and there many hotels between Bridgeport, Frankenmuth and Birch Run…the 3 closest towns to my place.  RVs/campers could park in our backyard and have electrical hookups, with their extension cords.  This would be for our members and their families only.  We would need one licensed judge and pay meet fees to the APA & ABA.  I have made this proposal to our board of directors, so please feel free to comment here before we vote on any alternative plans. 

Russ Blair

• Administrator
  • Ameraucana Guru
« Reply #47 on: July 30, 2020, 07:01:31 AM »
John that is a very gracious offer. I personally like the idea of having a contingency plan. Especially if we are still planning on special awards? Which perhaps we may need to avoid this year due to the circumstances? I know I would plan on attending if we had it at your place.
S.E. Michigan

Suki

• Ameraucana Guru
« Reply #48 on: August 02, 2020, 05:49:21 PM »
If John can get a judge, his offer sounds swell.

Sue Paolini
the Commonwealth

Janie Vila

• Administrator
  • Associate
« Reply #49 on: August 02, 2020, 10:01:08 PM »
Stacy Melton and I were speaking about this just today. I think if it is a small meet with just the Ameraucana folks it should be safe enough. I would love to see everyone. I vote as a yes if we are voting. I had planned on bringing my son along this time so he could show his pretty white bantams i picked up for him last year.

John W Blehm

• Lifetime Member
  • Ameraucana Guru
« Reply #50 on: August 02, 2020, 11:37:51 PM »
Stacy Melton and I were speaking about this just today. I think if it is a small meet with just the Ameraucana folks it should be safe enough. I would love to see everyone. I vote as a yes if we are voting. I had planned on bringing my son along this time so he could show his pretty white bantams i picked up for him last year.

Thank you.  Our national meet placed at the Fowl Fest, in Michigan, hasn't been canceled yet so this is the back up plan that the board will vote on soon.  To hear that members would plan to come should make the decision and easy one for the board.

Russ Blair

• Administrator
  • Ameraucana Guru
« Reply #51 on: August 04, 2020, 11:54:43 AM »
I like having a back up plan for Northern National. Especially since it’s up in the air until Sept 1. I would be able to make the Northern but it is not looking good for the Southerns possible new date and venue.
S.E. Michigan

John W Blehm

• Lifetime Member
  • Ameraucana Guru
« Reply #52 on: August 06, 2020, 11:10:24 AM »
Our board of directors has voted...

Our Ameraucana Northern National will be at John Blehm’s farm, 4599 Lange Rd, Birch Run MI 48415, on Oct 10, 2020 – If Fowl Fest is canceled.

Our Ameraucana Southern National will be at Sherry Klaus’ farm, 27 Trophy Buck Ln, Foristell MO 63348, on Oct 31, 2020.

These will be private meets for Alliance members and families only…not open to the public.  Our club will act as the host/show club paying sanctioning fees to the APA & ABA as required.  We will hire one judge per show.

« Last Edit: August 06, 2020, 11:12:11 AM by John W Blehm »

Lisa Helms

« Reply #53 on: August 06, 2020, 04:03:32 PM »
Great News!   :)

John W Blehm

• Lifetime Member
  • Ameraucana Guru
« Reply #54 on: August 07, 2020, 11:38:10 AM »
How much should we charge per entry?  $3 wouldn’t be too much, but I’m thinking about going cheap like maybe just $2.  It may entice the members that come to show more birds and bigger numbers would be a plus.

Mike Gilbert

• Lifetime Member
  • Ameraucana Guru
« Reply #55 on: August 08, 2020, 10:08:16 AM »
From my own perspective, the number of entries does not depend so much on the entry fee, but by the number of birds that happen to be in condition to show.  I think $3 per entry is a bargain.
Mike Gilbert
1st John 5:11-13

Suki

• Ameraucana Guru
« Reply #56 on: August 08, 2020, 12:17:33 PM »
I agree with Lah De Dah on all points.

Russ Blair

• Administrator
  • Ameraucana Guru
« Reply #57 on: August 10, 2020, 05:33:07 PM »
$3 a head is a fair price, after all it will be used for cage rental, payment of judge if needed etc etc.
S.E. Michigan

John W Blehm

• Lifetime Member
  • Ameraucana Guru
« Reply #58 on: August 14, 2020, 09:32:18 PM »
Fowl Fest, 2020, was officially cancelled today, so both our national meets will be at private Alliance shows on member's farms...

Our Ameraucana Northern National will be at John Blehm’s farm, 4599 Lange Rd, Birch Run MI 48415, on Oct 10, 2020.

Our Ameraucana Southern National will be at Sherry Klaus’ farm, 27 Trophy Buck Ln, Foristell MO 63348, on Oct 31, 2020.