Author Topic: New Ameraucana Alliance logo  (Read 1017 times)

John W Blehm

• Lifetime Member
  • Ameraucana Guru
New Ameraucana Alliance logo
« on: May 03, 2020, 05:11:47 PM »
We went without a club logo for several years and in 1985 a plea was made for one.  Rusty Hart of Michigan designed our first logo and you can see it and read a little about it's origin by clicking on this link.
I asked Rusty to draw a new portrait to use in an updated logo.  The board has approved it and I've attached it below, both in full color and a black & white version.  All Alliance members have the right to use our club logo to promote us and high resolution images can be requested from any Alliance officer.
Not only has Rusty donated his time and talent, but also given us the pencil colored 11" by 14" portrait to auction off as a fund raiser for the club!  More details on that we be in our summer Newsletter.
As an original artwork given to the Alliance we hold the copyright and others may not use it.  The photo, below, of the portrait is blurred but the person that buys the portrait will get the real thing!  8)
« Last Edit: August 31, 2020, 07:53:01 PM by John W Blehm »

John W Blehm

• Lifetime Member
  • Ameraucana Guru
Re: New Ameraucana Alliance logo
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2020, 07:45:16 PM »
Here are the updated logos with slate shanks added to the color version and darker line art on the black & white one.

John W Blehm

• Lifetime Member
  • Ameraucana Guru
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2020, 11:21:53 AM »
I mailed the portrait back to Rusty in May to darken the shanks.  He found it three months later...

Aug, 2020, Rusty said:
John....I found it....it looks pretty bad on the outside...afraid to open it up...no one lives at the farm and usually put oversize parcels in my protected area next to my mail box at the farm...it what left at a door at the old farm house...that is not liveable...in the weeds and shrubs by a door that we never used when we lived there...
l opened it...there may be hope...some water marks that I might be able to fix...it is a bit warped...but I will press it under some weight...
I found it laying flat on the ground under the bushes...could not see any time I looked by the other door...it was under the backside of an overgrown shrub....grass was growing over top of it and some type of critter chewed a hole through the underside but not to the picture...we may be able to work with it....I am so sorry...

He mailed it back this week and I'll have it at both of our 2020 nationals in the silent auctions, with it going to the highest bidder on October 31st, at noon.  If you aren't attending and would like to submit a reserve bid, please email it to me.

Mike Gilbert

• Lifetime Member
  • Ameraucana Guru
« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2020, 08:22:13 AM »
I mailed the portrait back to Rusty in May to darken the shanks.  He found it three months later...

Aug, 2020, Rusty said:
John....I found it....it looks pretty bad on the outside...afraid to open it up...no one lives at the farm and usually put oversize parcels in my protected area next to my mail box at the farm...it what left at a door at the old farm house...that is not liveable...in the weeds and shrubs by a door that we never used when we lived there...
l opened it...there may be hope...some water marks that I might be able to fix...it is a bit warped...but I will press it under some weight...
I found it laying flat on the ground under the bushes...could not see any time I looked by the other door...it was under the backside of an overgrown shrub....grass was growing over top of it and some type of critter chewed a hole through the underside but not to the picture...we may be able to work with it....I am so sorry...

He mailed it back this week and I'll have it at both of our 2020 nationals in the silent auctions, with it going to the highest bidder on October 31st, at noon.  If you aren't attending and would like to submit a reserve bid, please email it to me.

Wow!   SMH.    So does Rusty have a more current address now?
Mike Gilbert
1st John 5:11-13

John W Blehm

• Lifetime Member
  • Ameraucana Guru
« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2020, 06:18:16 PM »
I'm familiar with FYI, IGA and FBI, but never heard of SMH...must be one of your texting shortcuts.

No new address for Rusty that I know of.  The package was too big for his mailbox and left at an abandoned house on his property...maybe by a mail carrier that wasn't familiar with the route.

Mike Gilbert

• Lifetime Member
  • Ameraucana Guru
« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2020, 10:39:46 PM »
SMH = shaking my head
Mike Gilbert
1st John 5:11-13