Author Topic: Exhibitor Points Policy, proposed update  (Read 818 times)

John W Blehm

• Lifetime Member
  • Ameraucana Guru
Exhibitor Points Policy, proposed update
« on: July 21, 2020, 02:23:14 PM »
Before going to the board with this idea I'm asking for comments from our members first. Our current policy says...
If a membership is lapsed, for more than 60 days, then the points will be forfeited.
I propose eliminating that sentence.  Members may pay dues for up to a a couple years in advance and receive at least two notices in December, if they haven't paid dues for the upcoming year.  I've never felt we should hold on to points for a non-member and believe only dues paying members should have the privileges that come with membership.

Suki

• Ameraucana Guru
Re: Exhibitor Points Policy, proposed update
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2020, 07:28:14 PM »
I agree with the removal of that sentence.  I also think if a Classic Member lapses that should not be held against them.
Things happen and people forget.

Sue

Beth Curran

• Lifetime Member
  • College
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2020, 02:17:23 PM »
Are we talking about doing away with the forfeiture of points (i.e. points are reinstated whenever membership is renewed) or are we talking about doing away with the 60 day grace period (i. e. points expire permanently on January 1 if membership is not renewed on time?) I favor having a grace period because, reminders or not, I always have too many balls in the air and it's inevitable I'm going to drop one. Or several. I'm a life member of this club but organizations where I pay yearly, I'm afraid I am *that* member...  :-[
Beth Curran

John W Blehm

• Lifetime Member
  • Ameraucana Guru
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2020, 03:19:02 PM »
Are we talking about doing away with the forfeiture of points (i.e. points are reinstated whenever membership is renewed) or are we talking about doing away with the 60 day grace period (i. e. points expire permanently on January 1 if membership is not renewed on time?) I favor having a grace period because, reminders or not, I always have too many balls in the air and it's inevitable I'm going to drop one. Or several. I'm a life member of this club but organizations where I pay yearly, I'm afraid I am *that* member...  :-[

Doing away with the 60 day grace period.  Our policy doesn't provide for a reinstatement whenever membership is renewed, beyond that 60 days. 
With the opportunity to pay for multiple years in advance and at least two reminders that dues are about to expire I feel we should eliminate this "grace period" and clean up all the membership records at the beginning of each year at once, instead of having our club director remember to go back thru the membership list and exhibitor list, compare the two and delete those that haven't rejoined within that 60 days.

Mike Gilbert

• Lifetime Member
  • Ameraucana Guru
« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2020, 11:26:25 AM »
I agree with Beth, but I can see John's point too.   I think a reasonable compromise would be to limit the grace period to 31 days.    That would give anyone until January 31st to renew.   I would hate to see us lose members completely because they got too busy to remember.   Some folks have a lot going on in their lives, unlike us who are retired or semi-retired, including illness or illness in the family.    I know I went through about 2 weeks at the beginning of January until mid-January this year of being very "under the weather."   Poultry clubs were about the last thing on my mind during that period.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2020, 11:31:43 AM by Mike Gilbert »
Mike Gilbert
1st John 5:11-13

John W Blehm

• Lifetime Member
  • Ameraucana Guru
« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2020, 05:13:10 PM »
The board was given the option of eliminating the 60 days, changing it to 31 days or leaving it as is and the majority voted to change it to 31 days.