Author Topic: Ameraucana Southern National 2020  (Read 3281 times)

Rebecca G Howie

• Administrator
  • College
Re: Ameraucana Southern National 2020
« Reply #15 on: September 17, 2020, 02:02:07 PM »
I just recently got my N.P.I.P. in Wisconsin.   Will I still have any testing requirements for either Michigan or Missouri?

Not in Missouri. Just need to call for entry permit shortly before the show. The permit is good for 15 days.

Just call 573-751-3377 for permit number...

John W Blehm

• Lifetime Member
  • Ameraucana Guru
« Reply #16 on: September 17, 2020, 02:26:07 PM »
I just recently got my N.P.I.P. in Wisconsin.   Will I still have any testing requirements for either Michigan or Missouri?

Birds from out of state have to be tested before bringing them over the boarder for both MI and MO.  MO also requires the "permit number" that you call and receive within 15 days of entering.

John W Blehm

• Lifetime Member
  • Ameraucana Guru
« Reply #17 on: September 19, 2020, 10:14:09 AM »
Russ Blair is donating special Neil Townsend memorial plaques for BV bantam wheaten and white and Mike Gilbert is donating the RV plaques, as we celebrate the 40th anniversary of Ameraucanas 1st being recognized as a breed by the ABA.   8)
The plaques are ordered and images below are just mockups to give you an idea what they will look like.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2020, 07:21:09 PM by John W Blehm »

Rebecca G Howie

• Administrator
  • College
« Reply #18 on: September 25, 2020, 10:39:34 PM »
Response the the 2020 Ameraucana Southern National Meet has been so positive and Lisa Helms, Sherry Klaus and I are so excited to welcome everyone to Missouri. We want to make sure there will be enough coops for all the birds. We may not have enough from local sources.  If anyone has show coops they can bring, please bring all you can transport to the show. Thank you so very much!!

Mike Gilbert

• Lifetime Member
  • Ameraucana Guru
« Reply #19 on: October 05, 2020, 12:39:15 PM »
Who is judging the Southern National?   I believe someone said it was Lewis Cunningham for the Northern show.
Mike Gilbert
1st John 5:11-13

John W Blehm

• Lifetime Member
  • Ameraucana Guru
« Reply #20 on: October 05, 2020, 01:51:55 PM »
Who is judging the Southern National?   I believe someone said it was Lewis Cunningham for the Northern show.

Phil Bartz will be our Show Judge.

Rebecca G Howie

• Administrator
  • College
« Reply #21 on: October 05, 2020, 08:09:59 PM »
Yes, it is Phil Bartz. I have talked with him a couple times and he is very enthusiastic about being our judge.

He loves that we are doing our own smaller one breed show.

Phil is very positive and personable.

Mike Gilbert

• Lifetime Member
  • Ameraucana Guru
« Reply #22 on: October 05, 2020, 09:32:01 PM »
Yes, it is Phil Bartz. I have talked with him a couple times and he is very enthusiastic about being our judge.

He loves that we are doing our own smaller one breed show.

Phil is very positive and personable.

Yes, he is.  I first met him about 15 years ago when he judged a show in Wisconsin.  You can blame him for getting me started on Chanteclers.    ;) ;D
Mike Gilbert

Rebecca G Howie

• Administrator
  • College
« Reply #23 on: October 07, 2020, 10:50:48 PM »
Ameraucana Southern National entries have a postmark deadline of October 16 which is about 10 days away. I usually wait till the last minute to mail mine in. With the cutbacks going on at the Post Office, I am going to get mine in the mail in the morning so it will have plenty of time to travel. I hope everyone gets their entries in the mail soon.

We are going to have a great time at Sherry Klaus Farm, terrific meals planned by Wes Klaus are on the horizon. The Awards are AMAZING! The Gift Basket Sneak Peak is the teaser - Just wait till you get to the Meet.
Lisa Helms and I will be waiting at the check in table to welcome you and your entries (don't forget those eggs). We will have the Traditional Silent Auction and a raffle table for smaller items (donations welcome).

Here are a couple of items that have been donated along with LF Blacks and Wheaten Bantams-

Michael Muenks

• Administrator
  • Associate
« Reply #24 on: October 16, 2020, 01:15:44 PM »
I will be bringing along a few non-live Ameraucana items for the silent auction. Does anyone need a list before the day of the show?

Rebecca G Howie

• Administrator
  • College
« Reply #25 on: October 16, 2020, 01:53:15 PM »
I will be bringing along a few non-live Ameraucana items for the silent auction. Does anyone need a list before the day of the show?

Sure, you can even post them here and on FB if you wish. Some other items are listed in this thread.

Rebecca G Howie

• Administrator
  • College
« Reply #26 on: October 16, 2020, 01:59:40 PM »
Jodi, who is one of the people loaning cages for the Southern Meet, is very interested in Lavender/Self Blue Bantams. She is also willing to consider LF. If anyone has extras to sell, she is buying.

You could contact Lisa Helms or I beforehand if you wish.

Mike Gilbert

• Lifetime Member
  • Ameraucana Guru
« Reply #27 on: October 17, 2020, 10:38:57 AM »
Jodi, who is one of the people loaning cages for the Southern Meet, is very interested in Lavender/Self Blue Bantams. She is also willing to consider LF. If anyone has extras to sell, she is buying.
You could contact Lisa Helms or I beforehand if you wish.

Call Bob Rennolet, he usually has extra birds.  Bob had BV on a hen at the Northern National.  Bob's cell phone is (605)660-2487.   That would be the best way to reach him.
Mike Gilbert